SoTW Season Two Sign up

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The comp was done before and people complained about how it was difficult to do one each week as it had a theme so I wanted a more flexible set up

DeletedUser

The comp was done before and people complained about how it was difficult to do one each week as it had a theme so I wanted a more flexible set up

I understand where you're coming from :)

I just feel that it really shows the quality of an artist when they can work with whatever they are given. Having tough stocks and then a tough theme to work with can be a pain at times but it also pushes the artist to show what they are truly capable of rather than reverting to their normal style of work.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team

I just feel that it really shows the quality of an artist when they can work with whatever they are given. Having tough stocks and then a tough theme to work with can be a pain at times but it also pushes the artist to show what they are truly capable of rather than reverting to their normal style of work.

Our GFX artists vary in their skill level so I wanted to have the comp be run at a level where everyone would feel comfortable

DeletedUser

We must keep in mind that all people here are just hobbyist so setting up a theme doesn't work as it didn't last time so freestyles work better in this case,you can see the difference here more than 12 people have signed up and many more might be there who may send even if they haven't posted here.

DeletedUser18825

Themes just make people want to give up. I personally don't like the black and white theme, because I suck at that lol...

I like the weeks where there is a chosen render, and we all use it. Those are fun...

DeletedUser

If you give up because of a theme you're simply a quitter. I don't like B&W, I suck at B&W, doesn't mean I will simply give up. Push yourself to your limits, try something new. It will help you to improve as an artist.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
This will be the first time this comp will be run completely so I'm using it as an experiment of sorts to see what works best. I'll use what I find to change up the next season

DeletedUser18825

If you give up because of a theme you're simply a quitter. I don't like B&W, I suck at B&W, doesn't mean I will simply give up. Push yourself to your limits, try something new. It will help you to improve as an artist.

I didn't say I myself quit. I am still going to do the black and white.. I'm just saying that some of the less involved artists give up when it gets to hard.

Varun

Strategos
I didn't say I myself quit. I am still going to do the black and white.. I'm just saying that some of the less involved artists give up when it gets to hard.

Man, if you are participating in the competition then it will be a tough time for me. But still I'll do my best Spyder. :)