Sparta is Dying... I propose a reboot.... Here is what I have in mind....

• Thread starter DeletedUser22834
  • Start date

DeletedUser22834

We all know it-- this world is losing players at an alarming rate. This is my 7th Grepolis server and Sparta has by far and away the worst attrition rate I have seen. There are vacant cities everywhere and more players quitting each day. This world is atrophied.

Here's my potential solution... A Reboot of sorts:

Step 1) Every player leaves their alliance and we disband the existing alliances (at last the major ones).

Step 2) We all stay independent for 2 weeks... Who you attack and who you defend is totally up to you.

Step 3) After 2 weeks, we begin forming new alliances and then we take it from there.

Hopefully this will spark some enthusiasm and mix things up a bit. We may have the same alliances, with the same people in 2 weeks, but somehow, I doubt that will be the case. At the very least, we've all got a reason to shake off the dead-weight.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on this... Maybe take the idea back to your forums... hash it out and then post here if you want to do it. We can pick a date and make a go of it. If someone doesn't want to play ball, we can all just attack the Hades out of them.

It is time to liven things up!

DeletedUser

Whatever you want CJ, you are the president of the server.

aos0a9.jpg

DeletedUser

We do seem to be losing a few players have considered quitting myself many a time...

Has this ever been done before and if so did it actually change things at all or did people still leave the game anyway?

Not the worst idea I have ever heard and as said the dead weight loss would be a benefit to most alliances I feel,a way of breaking a stalemate of sorts still a long way to WW era.New to the game so someone with more experience may be able to comment further...
In no way am I a major player and could end up gone myself.

DeletedUser22834

OK.. so Rekk's in-- no surprise there as he subscribes to Chaos Theory Weekly...

Cassip-- Yes, I did the same thing on another server that was also dying (albeit not as quickly as this one). It worked like a charm-- we went from 3 fat main alliances to 7 nimble & nasty ones.... No deadweight-- lots of players scrambling-- it was pretty awesome.

The thing to remember is.... If you've got a solid core -- they'll still be there in 2 weeks-- you just reform with your boys and it's business as usual. You get two weeks to fry all the dead-weight and hangers-on... and recruit guys like me to join your merry band of killers.

As an aside.... this move will in all likelihood hurry up the wait time for WW to start--- my understanding is it is legal as well.... If you're interested, Grep has published their formula for calculating WW wait times... somewhere.

OK.... I get first pick since it was my idea..... I'll take Sharhorse, the Rekkenator.

DeletedUser

Hey if it works and speeds things along I will happily go along with the idea its only a game and whats the worst that can happen,yes may lose cities etc which unlikely as be so many spare going about I imagine.

Put me down for a YES....:)

DeletedUser33241

Never hurts to lose dead weight, but I think your just going to end up seeing the majority going right back to the same alliances.

DeletedUser

Its not a bad idea, unless you already have a team of players that have a shot at winning. I really believe Moirai has this shot. That being said, we are not interested in a reboot. Please, feel free to "attack the Hades out of me" if you like. No one else will. Lol!
:cool:

DeletedUser17088

a good idea, shame no one has the guts to do it ;)

DeletedUser

Moirai vs Sparta?

2tNY9

animated pictures are not allowed yo!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The post above = pure brilliance.

Much rep to Rekk323 whatever it does LLLOOoolll....

DeletedUser

Hey Fisty,why are animated not allowed?
Thought you be happy at least people are posting...is there no room for a little fun?
Let's be honest hardly a busy forum.

DeletedUser17088

Hey Fisty,why are animated not allowed?
Thought you be happy at least people are posting...is there no room for a little fun?
Let's be honest hardly a busy forum.

Honestly no idea why animated images are not allowed on the forum, i suspect its something to do with how lagged the server would be if everyone used them but i'm just guessing

I am happy you are all posting of course, you can have fun without animated images though. sorry but even if this was the busiest forum on the server Animated images are still not allowed

There's no fun allowed in the forum.

srs buzness only pls

DeletedUser

....and buried.

I just popped on to see what people are talking about and the answer is "not much". Pity...

DeletedUser30915

New World "Thebes" Launches on 10th May.

Also, if you'll are planning to ditch sparta and start over, i'd suggest the upcoming world of Thebes.

World Speed - 2 & Unit Speed - 4 :cool:
Conquest & NO Morale :p
Alliance cap @ 35. ;)

This is a world ONLY for the pros. You'll being the said pros, i truly feel that even if you both were the entire alliance you'd swallow the rest whole.

If anyone is interested, we've got a premade being set up, and it will not only be an honour to have you'll (Especially Crash & Rekk) on-board, but also an absolute catastrophe for the rest of the Thebes. Here be the link Mateys - Premade - Thebes Arrr!

RICK ROSS DA BOSS - Please stay the Hades away from us. You're the only person whom i'm actually saying up front that you're not welcome here, and you definitely know why.

Last edited by a moderator: