Not a Bug spell casting - extreme lag

DeletedUser

Reporting a very annoying bug. Every time i click on the favour drop down box for spells the game starts lagging like mad. This either crashes the game or takes at least 30 seconds too fix itself.

DeletedUser

not 30 sec, but the game indeed lags when I click that drop down menu for spells. It doesn't crash, but a few sec of lag are constantly there.

DeletedUser

I too experience a significant lag (2-5 sec) each time I hit the drop down spell casting menu. I also know others in my alliance have complained about the same thing.

Seems that Grepolis is no longer storing as much information and needs to gather information from the server more often, which slows down the server as a whole for everyone and causes additional points of lag (most especially at the spell menu).

DeletedUser3613

I have also noticed a delay in my microwave i press auto start and there is at least a 4 second gap between noise being made and the light and revolving starting !!! Is this to do with the new update recently imposed upon us by the mighty inno devs ?? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser27700

Clearing your cache should resolve this lag issue most of the time. If you are on a slow internet connection or are streaming other things, like music for example, it might be slower than normal.
Not sure if you can clear a microwaves cache, but its worth a try.

DeletedUser5819

I am getting 30sec to some minutes lag opening the spell overview.
Refreshing the page and making a coffee seems to help for a while at a time.

The lag things are less than with the previous new look when it was new. Expect it to improve over the next 3 updates ;)

/helpful and honest as ever :D

DeletedUser

I too experience a significant lag (2-5 sec) each time I hit the drop down spell casting menu. I also know others in my alliance have complained about the same thing.

Seems that Grepolis is no longer storing as much information and needs to gather information from the server more often, which slows down the server as a whole for everyone and causes additional points of lag (most especially at the spell menu).

i've said this a lot. you have to resave to your local memory (it's in settings) it helps quite a bit.

DeletedUser

I've noticed this too. It appears to get worse the longer the browser is open. Maybe related but the tooltips don't seem to help. Too many trying to show/hide as you move the mouse around - it seems particularly busy around the spell box with the favour info box taking several seconds to appear (I've counted 10 seconds many times, average around 4).

Maybe an option to turn off all but essential tooltips would help. They are helpful when beginning the game but somewhat of a nuisance once you know your way around - having said I know my way around I've probably missed an option to turn them off already lol I have looked.

DeletedUser

Has it cleared up with anyone yet? I have stopped experiencing the problems.

DeletedUser

Has it cleared up with anyone yet? I have stopped experiencing the problems.
No, it hasnt. Ive waited up to a min each time when other features work just fine.

Another related issue is when you put the cursor over the the god's pic to see overall favor count, it lags for several secs.

When you have 100+ cities, each second of lag adds unacceptable extra time. It takes me an hr just to maintenance my account before I can actually play. Time is why players quit.

DeletedUser5819

Still bad for me, and yes also for the favour count box, and those tooltips pop up and hang around all ghostly for ages.

No improvement that I noticed :(