Spies - debate

DeletedUser

Is having a spy in an enemy alliance honourable?

More a question for Lucifer but I'd be happy to hear everyone's views.

DeletedUser29225

Spies are ridiculous. I hate it. I have to go take a shower after talking to one trying to give me information. I have been on both sides of spies in the past and I just can't stand it. Yes it gives you an advantage, but don't you think you should be the kind of person who can beat an opponent fairly? It would be like playing a game with cheat codes. Where is the fun in that?

Besides, spies are like people who gossip too much. Those who gossip to you, gossip about you. You don't think that spy will turn on you?

DeletedUser

spies are nearly useless, other forms of agents do serve purposes.

DeletedUser

My name is Lucifers Nephew. Do you think i care what others look at as honourable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Honorable, probably not. But having been on the receiving end of it twice, I would not hesitate to use one.

DeletedUser

No, It's not honourable but it's something you have to deal with if happens

DeletedUser

The very thought of spies makes people paranoid, and causes them to cancel operations and mistrust their friends.
Spies are useful even if they don't exist.
Oliver is right: there is something dirty about being a spy. But if you can stomach that, then I think it's all part of the fun.

DeletedUser

Spies are ridiculous. I hate it. I have to go take a shower after talking to one trying to give me information. I have been on both sides of spies in the past and I just can't stand it. Yes it gives you an advantage, but don't you think you should be the kind of person who can beat an opponent fairly? It would be like playing a game with cheat codes. Where is the fun in that?

Besides, spies are like people who gossip too much. Those who gossip to you, gossip about you. You don't think that spy will turn on you?

I will + rep you for that.

Yes, spies are useful to the enemy. Yes, spies can seriously damage an alliance, yes yes yes. But spies never are and never will be loved. I've seen far too many spies and the ones I have dealt with are arrogant and have no respect for others.

The only reason I would agree with having a spy is if the alliance itself was trying to bully and destroy you with threats and insults. Yes, there are alliances like that, and that is when I would use a spy. Why? Because the alliance has leaders that need to be taught a lesson: if you have no respect for others, others will have no respect for you.

Spies are one of the things that can make the game stressful, and the game isn't meant to be stressful, it is meant to be fun. It is a game.

Also, if you are a spy, please don't post stupid things in the forum that completely give you away. Because then you will be kicked out and farmed and conquered and no one will be there to love you. Cheers!

DeletedUser41611

Oliver and WDS... I challenge you guys to fix this and remember your words here. These are your words but yet you sidekick thinks otherwise. Is this how you really want to win herk? Like this? I cant see you as a man of honor standing for this.

To quote mcdon " mcdon today at 06:49
yap, yap, yap, yap, yap......Dunno why you even wasted your time. I had this match set and won for 9 months."

if you had it done 9 months ago, why even play? Like u said with the cheat codes. What fun is that.

I thought the WDS name stood for Pride, Honor and some of the best players. Why I took over the Gefyra acct, so I could have a chance to go against the very best. Instead I found more cowardice in McDon then any other server...

Mflip234. (Gefyra)

DeletedUser28898

And that's the bottom line, MKM3917, that they'll have to live with. In spite of all the spies, in spite of all the talk, they were LOSING. And they were going to lose. Because in the end, they couldn't just be better than us. darkoblade, kyla-lex, mcdon. All selfish, individualistic players that cared only about themselves. Individuals are never good enough to win on their own, it takes a team.

They didn't give a damn about the little guys that were playing this game, even in their own alliance. Players like bigbadw0lfy, saritura, dzstra, buushman, arugala123, Demister, JasonPaulCollings, jonty522r. Did they even think about them before they did this? Those guys went all out to win, but now they'll never know if they were really good enough, because a few selfish people wanted to have it their way.

darkoblade/LucifersNephew, who ever you are Does this satisfy your craving for attention? Kyla-lex, so you got your revenge the only way you could, because YOU COULDN'T BEAT US. I hope that makes you feel good. And yet, BLUNT POSSE is STILL gone. They didn't win. So, you still lose. We'll move on with our heads high, even with out a victor's certificate, because we know we played with integrity, and we know we had you beat.

ItsOliver, you of all people should be ashamed. You try to blame this on a council decision. Everyone knows you control that alliance. You catered to the bitterness of two players just to win a game. That speaks volumes to your integrity, or lack thereof.

To my fellow alliance members in The Law and The Order, be proud of what we have accomplished. And to those WineDarkSea members who had no part of this travesty, I feel sorry for you, and I apologize that your victory will be forever tarnished by you wondering, "Would we have really won?".

If the powers to be at Innogames want to show their true belief in fair play, they would reset this world to 04:28:00 on 18/09/2013, and let play continue from there. If they choose not to they stand to lose a lot of money in the future. Bad publicity seems to spread really fast on the Internet, from what I'm told.

(NOTE: Thank you, fingolfin, for being fair enough to allow me to reinsert certain portions that were removed)

DeletedUser29225

Robert, MKM - Is this like a radio show where you guys talk back and forth to each other about stuff that the rest of us are supposed to tune in and care about?

mflip234 - way to walk into an almost 2 year argument to say your 2 cents that are worth less than 200 Zimbabwean dollars. You cannot stand on the sidelines and judge what has transpired as if you were a starting player for the entire scrimmage.

MKM - What do you consider fair? What breaks the rules? Are saying that you haven't had spies on us and tried to bend the game in your favor?

Robert - You can say all you want about us being selfish, individualistic etc etc. The "little" guys can speak for themselves and have earned what they got. They are here to play win or lose like the rest of us who have been here from the start.

I am not trying to blame this on anyone. It is what it is. You guys have ghosts in your closet. I try to be open with my people and discuss as many issues as possible. If people don't agree with me great, lets hear it. Most of the times if they vent they feel better and don't really care anyway. Your guys have had it bottled up and it came around to bite you... hard.

Yes I knew about it, yes i had reservations about it, yes I "let it happen". I am not the only one involved in this alliance. To say I control this alliance is very belittling to every member of it. There are plenty of people who have stepped up to leadership roles, individual roles and put the time and effort in when and where needed. I have in fact stepped back the last few months and installed many more people in leadership roles for there to be a more rounded leadership. You do not know of which you speak. You also should not throw stones. You talk like I am to blame and that this is all my fault and that you guys are perfect and honorable and deserve the win. Sure, go for that. All the power to you.

You guys can throw blame around all you want about living with ourselves and morals. You speak with anger and cast judgement with no authority. I can live with myself. So I am glade you care enough to be worried about my well being. You keep on fighting the good fight as you please. I will keep working with my fellow alliance mates and doing whatever I can to make this game the most enjoyable for them. Oh that's right. Did you guys forget that this is a game? It is practice, it is fun, it is to blow off steam from the real world. I am sorry if you dumped a ton of money into a game and did not achieve that outcome you desired. Is that not an unfair advantage to the "little guys" who don't spend gold? I think most of the guys in the rankings Bested the lot of you and didn't use gold but for 1 or two things. Never burned gold to speed up build times, get city slots, or have all 5 advisers running at once. I'm glad Innogames has your number because you are paying their salaries for the rest of us who are here for casual gaming.

You want to be better than Mcdon but you go around using the same tactics? You think you can verbally abuse and bully people and try to get them to say or do things to get them banned? You are grasping at straws. Wow I almost typed friends. Obviously that isn't true. There are people in your alliance that I can consider friends despite everything that has happened even to this day. You can blame me, they can blame me. I don't really care what you think of me. At the end of the day the only person I answer to is myself.

Welcome to the real world. Life sucks, get used to it. You can't always buy your way out of things. You WON YOU WON! Congrats. I will buy the first round. After that, you guys can take it from here. Hopefully you can follow what I said as I seem to be answering multiple conversations at once. I don't typically read or post here much anymore. So forgive me If i do not or am late to respond and I have to hear about these things 3rd person. The forums are here for what most of the Internet is for. People complaining about things they can't change. So complain away, punch a pillow, call me names.

You want a piece of me or to hash it out with me? So be it. I gave you all my skype name. I am not scared to talk to you or to own up for any action I have taken. You seem to think I am running from you and that you guys are better than WDS. Congrats for being so superior and blaming and entire alliance and all of its members for the actions of a few. Does it make you feel better to look at us all as evil? Despite all the ranting and you sling around and moves you do, I dont blame your entire alliance. Just you for the that you pull. Congrats for being an upstanding citizen of the Internet.

DeletedUser

Im gonna start with a sentence: that im not complaining.
Bottom line is that one player ruined the whole WW time for everyone in this world. If you guys in WDS are enjoying a win like this then be it, Gongrats on your win(and i mean it). And ill take back the word everyone and change it to about a half then. I know that if it would have been the other way around i would have just quit this right at that point. For me being on your side at the moment would have been much worse.
So ill just end it like i started: wasnt complaining, just giving my Gongrats to you all.

DeletedUser

Oliver, I will answer your comments directed at me and some of the others that you have posted. First, I want you to understand that my posts here in the forum are not complaints about the GAME, but about a single action that changed the entire complexion of the game at it's end stage.

We all have ghosts in our closet, and you are right, this is a game. But as a game it is meant to be fun, as you said. A single act has taken all of the sport out of it for BOTH sides. This is something that I don't think even you can deny.

As to casting judgement or being "better" than you or mcdon or darko or anyone else, you need to know me to make that statement. I have a background that is based on reviewing evidence and making judgments based on what I can prove, not what I believe. I know the original darko and the player that replaced him, having played with both for a long time, neither would have wanted to win this way.

Unfortunately, I have a very important family event that has taken me out of the game for a short time while all of this is going on. I have your skype and have sent you a message. I am not gone and I have tried to contact you to discuss this further. I don't think you are running from me, but you have not answered me either. I don't blame your alliance, just a single player (maybe 3). I would congratulate you on your win, but I view it as tainted.

DeletedUser6156

While I appreciate that this is a heated topic with opinions on both sides, please remember that this thread, like any other has to follow the forum rules and accusations of cheating will not be tolerated. If posts continue to break the rules then harsher punishments will follow.

So please reacquaint yourself with the rules before posting.
Thanks
fingolfin

DeletedUser

I will + rep you for that.

The only reason I would agree with having a spy is if the alliance itself was trying to bully and destroy you with threats and insults. Yes, there are alliances like that, and that is when I would use a spy. Why? Because the alliance has leaders that need to be taught a lesson: if you have no respect for others, others will have no respect for you.

Spies are one of the things that can make the game stressful, and the game isn't meant to be stressful, it is meant to be fun. It is a game.

Also, if you are a spy, please don't post stupid things in the forum that completely give you away. Because then you will be kicked out and farmed and conquered and no one will be there to love you. Cheers!

So much is said here that its had to figure out weather you are up for spy or not?

So you like one aspect of a spy but cant stand another aspect. You cannot be selective in what you like and what you dont.

"Alliance leaders need to be taught a lesson" ??? who decides that? you, me, another leader or someone low in ranks? WHO?

Spies can be made to use and are tools both in RL and in the game. Tools are meant to be used and used to maximum effect.

You think if you have a person or someone who is not entirely mindful of leaders of their allinace and his situation or rather his location does not allow him to go over to the other side were to come to you and say he will help you guys in anyway he can. what would you do. What can that person do? There are 3 sides of story here not 2 and surely not 1.

Honorable, probably not. But having been on the receiving end of it twice, I would not hesitate to use one.

So y are you complaining. Because it happened thrice?

"fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me"

what can I say. I know this happened because you trusted someone but you cannot say that. THIS IS A WAR GAME. If you loose focus you loose. Its that simple

DeletedUser

Let me shed some light on this for all,Blunt posse and WDS was the two major alliance from this world opened. Bp consumed olympus and took in the members that was left(mkm,darren briggs and few more)We packed with steamroller to fight WDS which was going good,Behind me and Darko back a MM was sent to all members (except us) that it was a council decision for all members to move to two new alliance which was a merge with SR,I woke up and seen everyone leaving and did not know why,So I decided to go to WDS and fight them to the bitter end,Darco decided to stay and ruin them.

Now they trying to blame WDS when the fact is this was done by poor leadership (Robert,mkm,Ivan)(all the guys you see crying here)They let Darco sit in their alliance for 8month with no ABP,he never took a WDS city,never attacked a siege we had on a law city,and never sent support to a Law siege, matter of a fact only time he got BP was when they attacked Me cas all his support was in my cities and they never figured this out, in fact they made him a leader WOW.TO my fellow friends in the law who I was fighting and still having civilize conservation with (You know who you are) I'm sorry if you feel cheated but the fact is this was done by poor leadership.We were able to root out their spies(trippleplay,rullybully,pompay)and they promoted ours,I was thinking this was to go down as the greatest infiltration in Grepo history but when Darko told me what happened I see its just bad judgement on the part of the Leaders.So let me be the first to congratulate Darco on A job well done!

DeletedUser42742

Anonymous people playing behind fictitious names does not start off on the right foot for honesty and fair play. I agree with Oliver that spending real money to give an advantage is also not fair play unless all players have the same amount o money. I must say I got caught up on the action and spent quite a considerable amount of my beer money to speed up the rebuilds - no way I could have survived WDS attacks had I not. As the saying goes: All's fair in love and war. Congratulations darko or LN or whoever you are - well done hiding out. Actually darko is the sole winner - the rest of us just dummies that couldn't catch a spy or win without one. I was a total newbie when I started and met some fine people playing here. I won some battles an lost others. I think the WW is a lame way of deciding a winner - jeez just simm until ya can't take it anymore. What about a big battle or something? Thank you darko for putting an end to that.
Okay, so, WDS yer the WINNERS ,yay - only two things me off - ya can't get a refund and ya don't get no stinking badges. I'm pretty sure I won't be playing this dumb game anymore. Too many skunks and the game managers are too greedy. Kyla, darko - I hope you find some friends someday - sounds like you live without them.