Spying a city under siege

DeletedUser

Hi.
I wanted to know if it's possible to spy a city under siege (after colony ship successfully lands)?
Thanks!

DeletedUser

Yes, it is possible. The city will have the same amount of silver as it had before it was put under siege, so you still have to use enough silver to succeed normally.

DeletedUser

Just an add on question to this:

If you capture a city, does the silver previously stored remain afterwards?

Never checked and a member just asked the question.

DeletedUser

Yes, when you conquer a city the cave is still stocked with the silver stored by the previous owner(s).

DeletedUser

RE: ghost towns

Thank you

+Rep for quick answer/best answer.

To add onto this, I just conquered a ghost town and when I got control it had 999 silver in the cave. It seems highly unlikely that that was the actual starting amount.

I'm guessing if you take a ghost town they drop the silver to 999 so you have to put in at least a little to spy or stop spies.

DeletedUser

Or someone put 2000 silver in and sent a 1001 spy, which is very common.

Commonly people add 1 silver to a whole number when spying, so therefore 999 is a common silver amount to be left with.

DeletedUser

Ghost cities don't lose silver like that. The most likely situation is what WAVEBREAKER explained above.

Abbacus

Phrourach
Must just mean the ghost cities I have conquered had players with no silver because most of them had not a single coin. Good to know they dont lose silver because I always used to think it was a waste of silver and that was one of the reasons I tried to get to ghosts quick but then I thought it all just went when they became ghost but there still is time to find one with a nice amount of silver stashed away.