Passed Stopping the 175 point spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Is there really any need to MM within the first week? Or even before you have an alliance set up?

A good alliance founder won't just be recruiting everyone on the server or in an ocean, they'll be choosing who to recruit based on their stats from other servers, ABPs, points, location, etc. If someone MMed me to join an alliance my MRA warning indicator would start flashing!

The people who spam about other online games are looking to get in-game credits/rewards on those other games, so even completing the tutorial is worthwhile amount of effort for them compared to the potential gains they could get on that other game. If their spam gets 20 people to sign up to that other game, that could be a massive boost for them.

I think there should be a number of criteria met before someone can MM:

* Completed tutorial - weeds out many bots
* Certain number of logins - prevents them leaving a bot running for several days to meet any other criteria
* At least 300 points, maybe even 600 points

Really, I can't see any justification for someone sending a MM before they've achieved the above. Forums can handle all the early requirements of alliances, and users can easily mail individual players if they want to get in touch with them directly.

There might be a single metric that indicates a player is here to play greppo and not just spam that could be used, but I have no idea about the inner workings of greppo to know what that might be.

These requirements can be bypassed if they've reached 6,000 points on some other greppo world, as that indicates that they are a proper greppo player.

DeletedUser31161

i like this idea. but i would like to see it go into more details like, the smaller your city the faster you go ghost. And other things.

DeletedUser

I definitely agree, I hate it when I get tons of advertisement.

DeletedUser

I vote yes. Like the idea. I'm a founder and it's hard enough to keep dedicated players. Spam that advertises other games makes my job harder.

DeletedUser

this idea will be up for poll :)

moved to (think) improvements

please continue to collaborate on this :D

DeletedUser

Great idea Outlandish000!!!

Can't believe no-one though of this idea before you....

(My ego is hungry)

DeletedUser

(facepalm) dont make me infract u wave . . . i understand this idea is just like one u came up with before, and ive already apologized for dropping the ball on it in the past . . . you can be certain i wont do it with this one :)

now stop spamming and get back to work :supermad: lol :p

DeletedUser

Both authors have been given credit on the OP. Thank you to you both! :)

I will be deleting posts again if we can't keep on-topic though! ;)

Thank you!!

DeletedUser

A serious suggestion is that point value of mass message rights be correlated to the World Speed.

DeletedUser

Another suggestion is that there could be a limit on the amount of people a player could mass message at on particular time....

I would suggest a maximum of 500 players a day.

DeletedUser

This really has to stop!! It's annoying

eRepublic
lagos3
lagos3 today at 17:44
Hello,

I invite you to another kind of browser gaming, one that differs greatly from the ones you may have already played. It's main characteristic is that it contains real countries and actual citizens that represent them while they fight to defend or expand their borders. Your capabilities as a member are limitless as you may follow the footsteps of a trading salesman, an employee-er, become a political star, use diplomacy methods to strengthen your alliance status and most importantly take part in realistic military campaigns to accomplish your dominance on the battlefield. There are about 250.000 active users that will participate in your country's daily struggle for reaching the top. The choice is yours! Currently the e-Polish and e-Serbian people have conquered almost all of the e-France, so e-France needs you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great idea. I hate how people do that just to upset us. even if they aren't trying to upset us it's still really annoying.

DeletedUser

When my friends invite me to a server I typically message them that I'm here shortly after reaching 300 points. I LOVE this idea, but the point limit needs to go down to 300.

Another suggestion would be to force the players to go through the whole tutorial guide thing where you change your city name and loot farming villages and stuff before using the mail system.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This idea is now up for voting, and will close on 14.11.12 at 22:54. Click here to view poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.