Passed Stopping the 175 point spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Problem: Someone just opening a new account and spamming

Reason: It is too easy for someone to just open a new account and spam email advertising another online game. There is currently no requirement to interact with the game before sending an email.

Details: When someone joins they should not be able to send a mass mail until they go to a certain level of points , eg 600. In this way they would have to do some work before sending those emails and it should stop most of them creating an account as they don't really want to play.

Added Factors: I know this would involve issues with for the programmers having to change game parameters but I think it would be worth it. Any cost would be outweighted by the reduction in spam emails and it would pay for itself in the lost hours deleting spam mail.

Abuse Prevention: This would stop people just opening a new account, which is using up server space and also will mean that the mods will have less jump mail to delete from the game.

Summary: So, to stop the spammers I think it would be a good idea to implement this. Some people might think that 600 points is too high but most players would have 600 points before their beginners protection ends. Besides who is going to conquer a 600 point city.

Idea Developers:
WAVEBREAKER
Outlandish000

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Format. Get it or the mods wont even look at your thread.

DeletedUser8396

Sounds like a good idea to me.

But, the exception should be made:

A player, with rights, can mass mail his alliance with no penalty, but no one else.

DeletedUser

Like this idea so will give twenty-four hours to update your original post before I close it. :)

Hope to see your format. If you have questions feel free to mail me. :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser3613

Agreed !! please format so Lane doesnt have to put it in the unformated bin ;)

DeletedUser

Thank you everyone for your advice, I have now edited my original post and I hope it is now in the correct format.

DeletedUser30490

awesomeeee!!!
love the idea
i hate those damn spammers who keeps sending MM's to join other games!
+ Rep

Richard

Strategos
Six months ago, I would have said I disagree with this, all players should be able to send mass mails. Now, I feel the idea has merit.

600 points is too high. The limiting of mass mail would prevent players from sending out recruitment mails when a world opens.

DeletedUser29066

Personally I like 600 pts, but I understand your concern. I'd probably set it at 300, which should be quickly attainable for anyone.

DeletedUser

i like the idea of maybe completing the tutorial before you can send out mails :D

unfortunately, inno does have mods who delete spam for free, so i have my doubts as to whether it would be implemented (i wish it would though!)

DeletedUser

Great idea, and 300 makes more sense as a compromise, 600 would be too high for early game recruitment reasons.

DeletedUser

Six months ago, I would have said I disagree with this, all players should be able to send mass mails. Now, I feel the idea has merit.

600 points is too high. The limiting of mass mail would prevent players from sending out recruitment mails when a world opens.

I think he's talking about sever wide mass mails?

DeletedUser

Just to pick out on the point Lane made, yes I am talking about someone that sets up an account and then mass mails the whole server.
600 might be too high, I just put this in as a ball park figure.

DeletedUser11965

300 is a good number IMO

But points should be with world speed,

Speed 1-200
Speed 2-400
Speed 3-600

DeletedUser

300 is a good number IMO

But points should be with world speed,

Speed 1-200
Speed 2-400
Speed 3-600

I would disagree.

200 points is easy to achieve in speed 1 even, but 600 points might be more than an entire days worth of activity in speed 3. Not exactly balanced.

Richard

Strategos
I think he's talking about sever wide mass mails?

The game doesn't differentiate between a mass mail sent to 50 players, and a mass mail sent to the entire server. In alliance mass mails aren't what I am talking about, I am talking about a player manually typing in the recipient names, and sending a mail.

DeletedUser14492

I like the idea... I was surprised/dissapointed to receive spam when I joined a new world.

Ev

DeletedUser

The game doesn't differentiate between a mass mail sent to 50 players, and a mass mail sent to the entire server. In alliance mass mails aren't what I am talking about, I am talking about a player manually typing in the recipient names, and sending a mail.

Ahh..Mkay! I gotcha now! ;)

~ Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.