Discussion Strategy versus activity

DeletedUser31624

Hi All,

Wondering if to get into this game and hit a issue, the farming 5 min options seems to dominate over long term building of city resource gathering. This seems to be to such an extend that any clever strategy will be worthless compare an hour on line clicking the button every 5 mins.

I'm I missing something? Game look really good but don't want to commit if being a top players means clicking the same button 24/7.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

TAL

DeletedUser

The every 5 minutes is really only feasible and useful when first starting out.

DeletedUser

Activity is very important, strategy, not so much, you just need to know the basics and have a small plan you can use

DeletedUser

I'm going 57% skill.... 38% activity... 14% dental hygiene

DeletedUser11965

Ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

DeletedUser22423

If you want to spend less time farming and focus more on strategy and attacking then play a speed 1 world with a unit speed of 3. The slower the world speed the less emphasis there is on the 5 minute farming and the greater the rewards of attacking players and farming their resources will be when compared to the gains made through farming. I suggest a unit speed of 3 so that your troops will be quicker in returning the resources resulting in the ability to get back out and bring more resources in again. Of course the down side to all of that is that speed 1 worlds are the equivalent to watching the grass grow.

DeletedUser

Ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Fort minor remember the name

DeletedUser

I don't think it's possible to determine a % ratio, of skill to activity in this game... Since someone who's really skilled but not very active could still probably dominate someone who's incredibly active but not very skilled...

DeletedUser

I don't think it's possible to determine a % ratio, of skill to activity in this game... Since someone who's really skilled but not very active could still probably dominate someone who's incredibly active but not very skilled...

An example of me vs Kanga in Zakros :)

DeletedUser29371

This and then:

You need skill/knowledge to be the best, but you also need activity...

a player with 10 min activity per day and all the knowledge of this game will loose to a guy who know only a little but plays 24/7

I would say activity is IMPORTANT for the first few days of the world... Cos those who join instantly or within 12h of world opening are generally ACTIVE, SKILLED, and many times also gold users. So to survive in the core you need everything.

But as soon as ocean 34 56 etc hit all you need is 4 days of really high activity to build your polis up then its a little gold a little activity and good knowledge and youll conquer around easily.

DeletedUser

i definitely disagree with that :D

how can you time the perfect snipes for a CS against your city without being online? even total noobs of the game can build multiple cities full of troops to send at you, and if you're offline when it happens then all the 'skill' in the ancient greek world isn't going to help one iota!