Summer Movies '11

Favorite Movies of Summer '11? Check all that apply!

• Total voters

DeletedUser

The past few months have seen the release of some tremendous movies, what have been your favorites? Check all that apply!

So some were not released during the summer, and some have not yet been released, but vote anyway! It's been a great few months for movies imo.

(Try not to give away any spoilers for folks who have not yet seen a particular movie)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Most of them sucked and 4 of them are coming out this month.

DeletedUser16429

Green Lantern b/c I live in Mandeville LA and it was filmed in Madisonville which is about 2 miles from my home b/c all I have to do is cross the bridge. But after that TH2

DeletedUser

hangover II
Murray head "One night in Bangkok" makes me now smile when I listen it :)

DeletedUser

Definitely The Hangover II. What's not to love about a little drug dealing monkey that smokes? That's just too cool.

DeletedUser

hangover 2, potc 4, kung f panda 2.

I saw every single one of them in the cinema and loved them!

DeletedUser

I wanna see potter and saw most of those, all pretty good, some could have been better, Green Lantern sucked balls though, it just wasn't for me. I just don't think the green lantern is very coll.

DeletedUser13936

Green lantern was ok, and after the second one the harry potter movies sucked.

super 8 was good to. Thor was decent. and i'm gonna see X-men first class sometime next week. and transformers was pretty bad but the effects and battles.

i watch to many movies...

DeletedUser

Green lantern was ok, and after the second one the harry potter movies sucked.

super 8 was good to. Thor was decent. and i'm gonna see X-men first class sometime next week. and transformers was pretty bad but the effects and battles.

Transformers was bad?! :eek: I am planning on going to see that! Oh, and Super 8 sometime too, I think that looked good.

DeletedUser

Nah, you watch too many movies when you've seen every half promising movie at the theater so you decide to watch Cave of Forgotten Dreams or Everything Must Go.

I only haven't seen Cars 2 and the others that aren't out yet.

Anyways,

Fast Five was cliche

Thor was suprisingly decent, I liked it a lot more than the other Super Hero movie, but I don't know how much (if) they slaughtered the real comic book story.

Pirates of the Caribbean, meh, Johnny Depp.

Hangover Part 2 had the fun of the first one, but everybody kinda knew what was going to happen (well, not everything o.0).

Kung Fu Panda 2, okey dokey

X-Men First Class had different directors than the other X-Men movies, but the Professor Xavier in this movie doesn't make sense of the Professor Xavier in X-Men Origins, which kinda bugs me. Overall another okaybad movie.

Super 8, a suprise

The Green Lantern was pretty disappointing for me Terrible movies don't deserve recognition.

Watch Cars 2 or cut off hand? Cut off hand.

Transformers was meh, really long movie and I got kind of bored, but the fighting was cool enough. I got mad when Optimus gets tangled in some wires though, OPTIMUS WOULD NEVER BE STOPPED BY WIRES, OR NEED HELP TO GET OUT OF THEM!! (ANGRY FACE)

Horrible Bosses was very good, I like the guy from It's Always Sunny in Philly. Bad Teacher was boring, a few funny parts.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Pirates of the Caribbean & Transformers are the best movies I've seen so far this year. I haven't seen Harry potter yet so I won't vote for it...

DeletedUser

I've watched a lot of movies and probably will forget smo but the ones i've liked so far are:

1) Kung Fu Panda 2
2) Cars 2
3) Rio
4) Rango
5) Legend of the Guardians:Guardians of Ga'hul (Or how is writen, don't remember the correct name)
6) Transformers 3
7) Horrible Bosses
8) Hanna
9) Green Lantern
10) Source Code
11) Limitless (OK)
12) Unknown
13) Battle of L.A (OK for those who like movies with more shooting than words...like me :D )
14) X-Men: First Class (Probably the best movie of 2011 yet)

And I didn't forgot Pirates of The Caribbean 4 or Super 8...just cause they were boring and Pirates was exactely the same as the first 3...even the same jokes...it got boring

DeletedUser

Its between X-men first class and Harry Potter.
I didnt want to see X-men, I was tired of them, and I never was much of a fan, but I loved the new movie.
As for HP, this new movie was pretty good.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if I want to see CA, no-one knows any acter in that.

DeletedUser

Disregard my post in this thread, I may have been under the influence of something greater than you or I.

DeletedUser4577

Fast Five - Was pretty well done and with a surprise ending that I really didnt see coming. (Wait for after credits to see)
Thor - Awesome and cant wait for the Avengers to come out.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Was pretty good. Nice ending to the series but I suppose it could have been better.
The Hangover Part II - I have not seen it yet but will wait for it to come out on DVD.
Kung Fu Panda 2 - Great family movie!
X-Men: First Class - Stupid...Wont even see it.
Super 8 - Havent seen yet but will wait for DVD.
Green Lantern - Completely awesome. It gave me what I was looking for and followed the cartoons and everything very well. The CGI was great and the story was very well done. Would pay to see it again and will buy it when it comes out on DVD.
Cars 2 - Havent seen yet but will wait for DVD.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - It was really good but really hated that they ended it here...Story was ok. Replacing Megan Fox was kinda dumb so whatever happened here...stupid.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II - They at least tried to follow the books for the other movies but when I was watching this one they just did whatever they wanted to do and quickened the pace of it all. I hated it completely. Ruined the whole series.
Captain America: The First Avenger - Have not seen it but looking forward to see it in theaters.
The Smurfs - Have not seen yet but wanting too.
Cowboys and Aliens - Cowboys and aliens? really....You serious think these two things are going to combine into a real awesome movie? Its like they were all sitting around asking themselves what sounds kool?...Cowboys!...cowboys and...Monkeys take over the earth? no...no....Cowboys and cheerleaders bring it on for the 20th time?!....no...no....Cowboys and ALIENS!! :D :D :D you get a raise! :D
Stupid...completely stupid...