Super Alliances Yes or no

DeletedUser

it is possible to beat a super alliance with good strategy. When people quit due to that, it seems to me it is more a failure of strategy and game know how than the alliance's fault.

True, but for new players, it may cause them to leave grepolis because of it. But inno can't stop that, unless they want to intervene specifically with the game, which would be so unfair to the super alliance and other big alliance's.

DeletedUser6029

yeah, Remust, I have to say I disagree. A player who quits because they are a strategist is simply what it is. They thought they were joining a shoot them up game, and so their leaving has more to do with them not enjoying this type of game instead of them losing. I would find it a thrill and a challenge personally. Ergo, no matter how you slice it, it isn't the alliances fault.

DeletedUser

ok now that we have the ideal .. if you had the capability what would you change if you could? Caps , Training alliances, Elite alliances or what?

DeletedUser25249

Well i have played a world in 1st 2nd and 3rd gen worlds, and the super alliances have gotten smarter in the approach to be in total control, but with that comes the sheer boredom it brings to folk in the wrong locations on the map for that alliance.
The most fun ive had was in athens with 13 other merry men, after leaving a super alliance...best time ever.

Alliance caps and pacts along with premades and uneven world maps are making new worlds easy to dominate:pro:

DeletedUser11886

You can easily take down super alliances. For example, in Idalium Nightfall was a massive, superhuge super alliance with over 200+ members and topped the #2 ranked alliance in points and bp by 4-5x. Eventually, smaller alliances began gaining a reputation and now Night fall is slowly falling.

DeletedUser

super alliances

This is the reason I am leaving the game. We had about 8 players in a new small alliance. The giant superalliance with hundreds of thousands of points in my ocean decides to wipe us out and take our cities instead of fighting the other superalliances. As the original poster said, if you don't join a giant alliance, you have no chance of survival. Fun?

Hello,
I've just started playing and a quest came up to join an alliance so I was threading around checking what ppl thought of various alliances. I used to play other games similar to Grepolis and was always part of an alliance w/ my friends but being in a big alliance can introduce u to new ppl so I guess that's one reason they're good. Also, as long as they don't act like tyrants and wipe out smaller alliances all should be good.

DeletedUser

But are we not running off a lot of new players with the need to join a super alliance or be destroyed? how dose the game pay for its self if everone only stayes for a few days and decides its not worth the hassle

DeletedUser5061

There is nothing wrong with super alliances, we build up friends in this game over time so of course we wanna play with your friends, who also will have been around for a while and have made their own friends who want to come along for the ride, nothing wrong with that. Who doesn't want to play with their friends and who doesn't wanna play alongside top players to form elite alliances. Problem is when elite alliances use pacts, sister alliances and spies to further their advantage even more leaving the competition no chance. If you are an elite alliance you have to handicap yourself in some way just even the playing fields, if you do everything the noobs do of course you are going to kill of the server with ease.

DeletedUser32265

The only way is to surive is to join a super alliances other wise your forced out of the game - just look at all the big/small ghost town in O75 (some had 3 or 4 citys)
I joined this game and though cool got to my 4th city then the attacks started not to bad at 1st, building 7citys attackes got bigger and stronger every hour day & night and have been for a while, some time by one or in a Groups - asked for fair play, that was a joke - joined a alliances new to O75 but big outside were i could meet others and try to play my own game
Been told by that attacking alliances to leave this alliances or its lights out so what can i do ........ hmmmm do as they ask leave the alliance and still be attacket on going and once im at my end of the rope leave Grepolis - no matter what happens i get ran out and the alliances just get bigger by taking over my ghost towns.
Ive paid money into this game so in a word ive wasted money, how meany others have done the same
I know ill get smart replys from you super player as you like to call yourself and wont let anyone grow within this game - i once asked about fair game play and was more or less got laught at othe then one steped in and said to the others stop all the jokes as the game/forum needs new players to take part in here and not drive them away.
Ive been attacked from others at the odd time and yer thats playing the game - but this alliance will only attack others that are weaker then its self, bullys bullys bullys shame on you.
Please Grepolis help us new players, we shouldnt have to be bullied in leaving the game so they can have easy pickings on our ghost town.
why build towns when its easyer to make ghost towns
Fight back you say ......... sure 1st attck is good but your dealing with a group attacking at once and not just at one of your citys but all citys hour after hour day by day (no lie) your out numbered and cant build anything they make sure of that.

The honest truth is that the new and not so strong players get ran out of the game or laughed at when asking for help or asking a simple question in the forum.
Grepolis can you put a poll up on every ocean as you will see the its a bigger problem then you think
Will this fall on death ears - one thing i do know is that alliance will get wind of this and bully me more - shame on you B..... A....

Last edited by a moderator: