Inactive Topic Support Transfer

• Thread starter DeletedUser30767
  • Start date

DeletedUser30767

This is for Improvement Section

Proposal : You are allowed to transfer your support troops from one city to another without calling them back to your own city first.

Have you checked DNS /PSI list? : I went through all rejected ideas. Also checked DNS list . This idea has not been proposed till now as far as i can tell.

Reason : It is really frustrating that you have some support in 1 city and suddenly you need to transfer support to some other city which is also far away but close to other.

For Example,
Suppose I have my support troops in a city of my alliance member. It is 18 hours away. A 2nd alliance member has city close by and needs support fast , so I should be be able to send my support to him directly from that city.

This is because suppose he asks for help and i recall support immediately , it will still take my troops ~ 36 hours to reach another city ( supposing travel time is same for both cities).

Infact if i have support troops in 1 city (CITY2) of my own from my city (CITY1) and need to send support to some other city of my own (CITY3) , then it should be allowed that my troops go directly CITY2 => CITY3 rather than CITY2 => CITY1 => CITY3

This is also logical because if i needed to send support to some other city, rather than sending my commander/captain message that come back and giving them fresh orders, i would directly ask them to help the person in need.

Details :

In the outside tab of Agora where my support troops are listed and buttons are given to recall support ,
I will have an additional button saying support other city.

By clicking that a dropdown list is activated from which i can select the name of city and send the support as required ( as required means like i am free to choose how many troops to call back from support , i will be free to tell how many troops are sent as support)

Visual Aids : Sorry but dont know how to do it .

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

I have thought through this and abuse is possible in the case that all alliance members are close to each other and highly defensive. Will be difficult to conquer them .

At the same time will give smaller and upcoming alliances/players chance to repel attacks from bigger alliances/players and establish themselves .

P.S. : Some may like this idea, others may not. But it just came to me and i wanted to know opinions of all of you. :)

DeletedUser

I like this idea and it will definitely help small alliances

DeletedUser

No....

This has been suggested before and killed before for good reasons.

DeletedUser11965

Denied, it will take the fun out of fake revolt attacks

DeletedUser30767

no problem ... thanks for the feedback ... :)
will need to put my thinking cap back on .. ;) :p

DeletedUser

This was done in Evony in 2009 when I use to play it. To impliment it on Grepolis would be expensive for the programmers and be significant changes that would cause the cash players to be split by the idea and would cause loss of revenue for Grepolis. Even if it was a good idea, I dont see Grepolis implimenting it as its a lose-lose situation for them.

DeletedUser

This was done in Evony in 2009 when I use to play it. To impliment it on Grepolis would be expensive for the programmers and be significant changes that would cause the cash players to be split by the idea and would cause loss of revenue for Grepolis. Even if it was a good idea, I dont see Grepolis implimenting it as its a lose-lose situation for them.

Also Grepolis don't want to steer towards Evony, because Evony is a far inferior game to Grepolis.

DeletedUser

I agree that Evony is a far inferior game, which is why I stopped playing it in 2009. That said whilst I have seen it in other games as well and like the idea, the problems associated with this is (1) It would be a large code change and a large game change (2) it would fundamentally change the culture of the game, although I think it would quicken up the game (3) there is no profit in making this changes.
The owners of Grepolis most likely are business people following their own rules of acquisition regarding changes.