Support troops

DeletedUser

Is there a way for another player who is attacking me to see where I sent my support troops? I sent my troops to another city for support so they wouldn't get killed when I was being attacked, but then they attacked my support troops. How would they know where they are?

DeletedUser

There is no way for another player to know exactly where you send your troops.

Depending on how long your support troops had been in the other city, they may have spied it and seen them there, and then attacked. Other than that, they may have guessed you would dodge your troops and attacked the most likely city for you to support, or perhaps it was merely a coincidence. When dodging, it is always best to use transports and move your troops totally off the island, so that the chances of that happening are lowered. You can also dodge by attacking another city, or by sending out a troop movement and cancelling it again. In both of these situations, your troops are never actually in another city so there is no chance that they will be hit.

DeletedUser

If I send support troops to another city, can they kill the support troops?

DeletedUser

Yes. If you send your troops to another city, as support, your troops act as defenders in that city and will fight in defence if that city is attacked.

DeletedUser

Okay but if I send support troops to a city, can that city kill my support troops. I was wondering if I send support troops to the player that is attacking me can they kill my support troops once they are supporting his/her city?

DeletedUser

Ah, I see what you mean.. no, that can't happy. There are only two (kinda three) ways that your troops can die if they are supporting another city. The main way they will be killed is if they are attacked by another player, because they will defend the city they are supporting.

The other ways they will die is if they are supporting a ghost city, and it degrades.. or if their city of origin is conquered while they are supporting elsewhere. Neither of those sound relevant though, so all you need to worry about is if the city you are supporting gets attacked.