Wish List Tavern - a new building

DeletedUser54843

Adding a Tavern (or its corresponding name in Greek) to the list of upgradeable buildings would make sense. I imagine this building working the following way: clicking on the Tavern while in City View screen would open up a list of currently available MERCENARY units in that particular city's Tavern. These MERCENARY units would include some of the folowing: Spartan Hoplites (superior in offense and defense to regular Hops), Viking (Norse) Axemen (powerful sharp weapon attackers), Persian Immortals (blunt weapon attack infantry), Cretan Archers, Scythian Horse Archers, Trojan Archers or Horsemen, Macedonian Companion Horsemen or Sarissa-wielding phalanx infantry (not sure of their proper name but powerful on offense and strong defensively with-especially against blunt weapons), Roman Legions (elite sharp weapon infantry), Gaulish Swordsman (offensively potent blunt weapon infantry, although weak defensively), Hittite Heavy Chariots, additional Mythicals (no matter what deity is worshipped in the city)... and several more unique units dating from the Ancient Era and currently unavailable in Grepolis. Ok, so you clicked on your Tavern (after you had built it) and there you see the MERCENARY unit/s available for hire. You can click on the unit to see its description, strengths and cost). How many types of units are available would depend on the level of upgrade of your Tavern. Because there would be the same or different kinds of Mercs residing in every Tavern in all the cities with a Tavern in a grepo world, the upgrade limit of a Tavern should be pretty low, I'd say level 4 tops. With each upgrade level, more MERCENARY units at once would become available for hire in a Tavern at a time, meaning at level 1 there would be only 1 unit avilable for hire and at level 4 there would be 4 of them there. After you make the purchase this MERCENARY unit would Automatically be added to the Garrison of that city Without it costing any Population (Because they're outsiders, not conscripted out of population of your city but bought instead). After you purchase a unit in your Tavern that unit disappears from the Tavern and joins the Garrison of the city you made the purchase in. After the mercs are purchased they can be given orders just like any other unit (sent on attack, support or left to defend that town). However, Mercs purchased in Taverns would only be available for limited time, depending on world speed it could be 2, 3 or more days, after which period of time, if still alive, the mercenaries would leave for home and Disappear from your garrisons/armies. I imagine that Mercenaries purchased in Taverns would be costly to purchase, the stronger the unit, the more it would cost. You could pay for some of them with Res only, though in high number, although unlike the Phoenician Merchant, they would accept down payments and wait till you deliver the rest before they join your troops (due to the limitations of your warehouse). More elite Merc units would demand a combination of Gold and Res as payment for their services, while few of the most powerful-like mythicals, could demand Gold only. Of course, you could use Gold to pay instead of res (payment options displayed beside the unit's description after you click on its icon in the tavern) or use Gold to have more Mercs show up right away in your Tavern-provided your Tavern upgrade level allows it. Like the Phoenician Merchant, new Mercenaries would arrive in cities at preset time intervals. The Tavern would become available for building in a city after it reaches a specific level of Academy Upgrade, AND EACH TAVERN UPGRADE WOULD REQUIRE A SPECIFIC CULTURAL LEVEL REACHED FIRST. This is probably my last idea as I've faced mostly criticism or ignorance from the rest of you here on this forum for my efforts/suggestions to make the game of Grepolis even better and more addictive to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

Idea shall remain in this section since it is suggesting new units.

DeletedUser53908

With the new changes to bp and killing off your own troops maybe the tavern could be somewhere to sell off useless troops, like when the screen flips back to swords just as you click build

DeletedUser36697

So in effect another venue for the the Gold spenders to get a leg up on the non-gold spenders, lots of work put into the article, but for 1 group of players only

Fluvisol

Phrourach
This is probably my last idea as I've faced mostly criticism or ignorance from the rest of you here on this forum for my efforts/suggestions to make the game of Grepolis even better and more addictive to play.
I can hear you shouting "we need to build a wall" already
I don't particularly like this one because it gives yet more ways to quickly get some troops in a city before a cs
Also it's gold focused for higher tier units, we shouldn't be trying to hide certain units behind a paywall
I'll just give you an example
Imagine that if you wanted to build a minotaur, you had to pay 50 gold
Does it sound fair to you that the strongest unit in the game is now unavailable for you if you don't spend money?

DeletedUser53908

I can hear you shouting "we need to build a wall" already
I don't particularly like this one because it gives yet more ways to quickly get some troops in a city before a cs
Also it's gold focused for higher tier units, we shouldn't be trying to hide certain units behind a paywall
I'll just give you an example
Imagine that if you wanted to build a minotaur, you had to pay 50 gold
Does it sound fair to you that the strongest unit in the game is now unavailable for you if you don't spend money?
I meant scrap the idea of all these random units just FYI. but sure you can trade mino's