Inactive Topic Technologies and necessary buildings

DeletedUser

Good Morning,

Proposal: Make the research technologies be locked until the building requirement is fulfilled.

Have you checked the lists: No

Reason: I have researched Horseman in one of my worlds but found out I needed to increase my barracks to level 10 to even be able to recruit one. Makes noobs who don't know how to play to make less mistakes (researching chariots,horsemen before having the required barracks level). (thanks Hagop for second part)

Details: In the academy, you cannot research something that requires a building level until it is fulfilled. Example:

Horse man. Requires level 10 Barracks to make. You cannot research horsemen until the level 10 barracks are made.

Abuse/ Balance: N/A

Summary: Make the research technologies be locked until the building requirement is fulfilled.

this is the OP:

First time posting, I had a thought while playing. I have researched Horseman in one of my worlds but found out I needed to increase my barracks to level 10 to even be able to recruit one. Maybe set it up so Technologies can not be researched until you have the building requirements done for actually recruiting a unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. Format????

2. This is a nice idea. Makes noobs who don't know how to play to make less mistakes (researching chariots,horsemen before having the required barracks level).

DeletedUser

Makes sense, I can't see anything too problematic with this.

DeletedUser

Nothing wrong with researching things in advance. Perhaps just a message pop-up when you hover the cursor over the research arrow, telling you that you don't have the pre-requisite buildings.

DeletedUser8396

Seems a bit useless imo. But if the mods have spare time, why not?

Copy and paste this into your first post

Proposal: Make the research technologies be locked until the building requirement is fulfilled.

Have you checked the lists: No

Reason: I have researched Horseman in one of my worlds but found out I needed to increase my barracks to level 10 to even be able to recruit one. Makes noobs who don't know how to play to make less mistakes (researching chariots,horsemen before having the required barracks level). (thanks Hagop for second part)

Details: In the academy, you cannot research something that requires a building level until it is fulfilled. Example:

Horse man. Requires level 10 Barracks to make. You cannot research horsemen until the level 10 barracks are made.

Abuse/ Balance: N/A

Summary: Make the research technologies be locked until the building requirement is fulfilled.

DeletedUser

Makes sense and thank you for that pebble, FOURTH bad format I've seen today.

DeletedUser

Hmm, interesting addition to the game.

But some experienced players research stuff in advance of fulfilling the building requirements. I think a Help Info Spread would be more succesfull at counteracting the problem you've brought up.

Ill type up my idea, to solve this problem in a day or so.

DeletedUser

That is a good point wave, a warning might be better than another pre-requisite, and technically you can research horsemen/chariots and demolish your barracks without realizing that you wont be able to build them anymore.

DeletedUser

I think an info spreadsheet would be best here.

Basically just an info sheet on all the researches

For Example
Slingers: A cheap good offensive unit. Use in hordes to drive the enemy back

Requires Barracks Level X and Warehouse Level X

DeletedUser

I don't see why people use slingers more than hoplites seeing as most defenders use more swordsmen than archers..

DeletedUser8396

a bit off topic here...

anyway:

slingers are cheap, quick to replace, and are amazing when gruped in large numbers.

Hoplites are expensive, slow, and can be a bit lack luster in a fight

Anyway, an experienced player will have hoplite nukes, slinger nukes and horsemen nukes for the right battle...

DeletedUser

Errr back to the idea.

Need more comments for phoenix to form judgment on this idea.