The Achaean League is now recruiting

DeletedUser

We are the defenders of Greece, noble countrymen all. When you ask "Who am I joining with?" You can simply answer yourself with "The Best, The most noble, the most illustrious, the most idealistic." Aaaanyway, requirements are simple.

1) You don't drop out after the first day (yes, I have done the same on at least fifty other games)

2) You aren't a lying, cheating, dastardly-okay, we just ask for good character :) (You can be a hard man, but be a loyal hard man)

3) You obey the officers of the alliance, we accept your opinion, but don't count on it being acted upon. Any complaints we WILL listen to.

4) You have our same goal of world...isle domination. And also all that other stuff like mutual defense and educating younger members.

5) Don't be a helot (grecian for noob)

We are based in Beta, because it's less crowded or something like that.

Join the honorable, join the League!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My biggest regret is that this thrown-together pile of suck will be outside of my kicking distance.

DeletedUser

Okay, grecians, see that attitude? *points to post above* thats called being a helot.

Lobster, don't whine. Once there are more members, more standard rules will be put into place. As for now, it is thrown together, because oh look guess what? We are at the start of the game.

DeletedUser

I'm not whining, I'm lamenting the lack of opportunity to farm your host of incompetent members. Can I beseech you to open a branch on Alpha?

And yes, I'm sure more rules will make your alliance great, clearly your current inadequacies are a result of an absence of codification!

DeletedUser

I'm sorry, I fail to see your point. You are stating that because our current rules are..."thrown together" we are a terrible alliance. That does not make very much sense. First of all these are only forum rules, not our inner alliance rules. Second, I am not the leader of the alliance, just one of it's officers. Third, having sloppy forum rules does not mean that the alliance is sloppy. You clearly have a problem with reasoning. I would advise some rhetoric, in large doses.

What inadequacies are you talking about? Because the alliance is small it is therefore bad? Like I said, go take a logic course and come back later.

DeletedUser

Ah, I see the problem.

I'm basing all of my assumptions about your alliance on what I've seen from you personally, this current thread isn't the entirety of that but I would say it's a key component. I would also point out that it's not the content of the thread that is a tell-tale so much as its existence.

Has that cleared it up?

How's the Alpha branch coming along? Tell me you posted about it on your internal forums. Tell me a committee has been formed. I yearn for information in the form of a hastily-written mass mail!

DeletedUser

Ah, I see the problem.

I'm basing all of my assumptions about your alliance on what I've seen from you personally, this current thread isn't the entirety of that but I would say it's a key component. I would also point out that it's not the content of the thread that is a tell-tale so much as its existence.

Has that cleared it up?

How's the Alpha branch coming along? Tell me you posted about it on your internal forums. Tell me a committee has been formed. I yearn for information in the form of a hastily-written mass mail!

Still, not reasoning very well. Like I said, this is a small alliance seeking members. You are saying that "Oh this alliance is terrible because it just doesn't sound professional." I am sorry, this is a game I don't need to be professional, but I try to.

I think I see your line of thinking now. You just want me to delete this thread because you think it is pointless. That is your opinion and you should keep it to yourself until you actually figure out how to say that this alliance is pointless with some back up evidence, not just "Your post is sucky"

There is no hastily-written mass mail, I haven't sent mass mail. This is just for people who have not yet joined alliances, see it on the forum, become interested and joined. It's also just stating the existence. I would wait a couple of weeks before you start complaining about pointless threads. As far as I am concerned, your own alliance is pointless, because this game has just started.

There is currently no alpha branch, no committee, didn't I tell it was a small alliance?

A word of advice, don't go around insulting people, especially when your only reason is "I don't see a point to this"

And yes, this crustacean seems very crabby. Maybe his alliance was just crushed, or maybe he is tired of small alliances posting. Keep whining crusty, it'll get you no friends. (btw, your diplomacy skills need work)

DeletedUser

Anyone else think this tychon guy sounds like he's a child or foreign or something? It's like watching a first class mental patient that just finished smashin his head on the wall all day try to win a battle of witts with a lightpost.

couple pointers in regards to forum word battles.

1 - don't repeat the same point 100 times expecting it will become more valid
the more you say it. It more so simply shows you have very little to say in your own defense.

2 - try to make sense when you write a rebuttal to an insult. Saying "we're awesome just you wait. Just ignore the fact that we put a negative amount of effort into our recruitment thread when any mentally impaired chimpanzee can sit down and type up a professional looking intro" really doesn't make you sound better

3 - Don't EVER post a thread on any forum ANYWHERE unless you are fully prepared to defend yourself against post flaming forum trolls. They are everywhere and if you don't know how to deal with them your thread will serve no purpose other then to discredit anything you HAVE accomplished in game and give you a rep as a scrub with zero potential.

Your welcome in advance for the advice

Garious

DeletedUser

Anyone else think this tychon guy sounds like he's a child or foreign or something? It's like watching a first class mental patient that just finished smashin his head on the wall all day try to win a battle of witts with a lightpost.

couple pointers in regards to forum word battles.

1 - don't repeat the same point 100 times expecting it will become more valid
the more you say it. It more so simply shows you have very little to say in your own defense.

2 - try to make sense when you write a rebuttal to an insult. Saying "we're awesome just you wait. Just ignore the fact that we put a negative amount of effort into our recruitment thread when any mentally impaired chimpanzee can sit down and type up a professional looking intro" really doesn't make you sound better

3 - Don't EVER post a thread on any forum ANYWHERE unless you are fully prepared to defend yourself against post flaming forum trolls. They are everywhere and if you don't know how to deal with them your thread will serve no purpose other then to discredit anything you HAVE accomplished in game and give you a rep as a scrub with zero potential.

Your welcome in advance for the advice

Garious
1. Read below.

2. A rebuttal is actually a restating of points you already made that contradict the negative/affirmative

3. heh.

I'd say thanks, but it wasn't helpful..in fact it was a little rude, presumptuous, and arrogant.

1. Don't insult and give advice at the same time. People don't usually like to take advice from someone who insulted them two sentences earlier.

2. Make sure you actually understand what is going on before butting into a thread and throwing "advice" at people.

3. Just don't give advice anytime soon, or in the future...in fact, just don't even try.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So how well would you say your recruiting thread is going, Tychon? Do you think you've given everyone a positive image of you and your tribe?

DeletedUser

So how well would you say your recruiting thread is going, Tychon? Do you think you've given everyone a positive image of you and your tribe?

1. It's not a tribe. It's an alliance. Tribe sounds like we are all cave men or something or other.

2. I'd say it's meh. It is better to be known by all and hated by a few, then to be known by none and loved by all.

DeletedUser

1. It's not a tribe. It's an alliance. Tribe sounds like we are all cave men or something or other.

Ah my apologies, the last thing I wanted to do was suggest you were primitives or in some way culturally or intellectually deficient. It was simply a carryover from my TW days :)

2. I'd say it's meh. It is better to be known by all and hated by a few, then to be known by none and loved by all.

That doesn't make any sense. If no one knows you then you can't be loved at all :)

While we're both sat here trying to come up with things designed to sound profound but end up being meaningless, here are a couple of mine:

"It's better to be competent with a typewriter than it is to be a drowning baboon."

"It's better to be insecure in the presence of authority figures than it is to be learning Spanish from an unsympathetic man."

Have any of the new recruits expressed interest in your up-and-coming Alpha branch?

DeletedUser

2. A rebuttal is actually a restating of points you already made that contradict the negative/affirmative

So a rebuttal is just repeating the same garbage you have already been spewing until the other person stops talking. Isn't that like covering your ears and going lalalalalalala......

DeletedUser

1. Read below.

3. heh.

I'd say thanks, but it wasn't helpful..in fact it was a little rude, presumptuous, and arrogant.

1. Don't insult and give advice at the same time. People don't usually like to take advice from someone who insulted them two sentences earlier.

2. Make sure you actually understand what is going on before butting into a thread and throwing "advice" at people.

3. Just don't give advice anytime soon, or in the future...in fact, just don't even try.

If you made even the slightest amount of sense I would probably be hurt by this response.

Since your definition of a rebuttal isn't even close to on target I'm going to assume your shortcomings are due to a lack of education beyond the second grade

Main Entry: re·but·tal
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈbə-təl\
Function: noun
Date: 1830

: the act of rebutting especially in a legal suit; also : argument or proof that rebuts

proof generally consists of new evidence that supports your previous claims.

Re-statement of previous claims is proof of nothing other then the fact that you have no new evidence to support your claims thus voiding the validity of
said claims.

DeletedUser

Well, it's a bit higher quality than most of the mass-recruitment threads I've seen, but nonetheless you guys all forget one thing...

People... Like... Funny/Cool... Pictures :p

DeletedUser

Well, it's a bit higher quality than most of the mass-recruitment threads I've seen, but nonetheless you guys all forget one thing...

People... Like... Funny/Cool... Pictures :p

Hahaha, that is true, so just for you (and everyone else)

funny-picture-speed-limit-enforced-by-aircraft-apache-attack-helicopter.jpg

you better obey our rules.