The Black Sheep

DeletedUser

The young novice was out of breath, but she knew she needed to keep running. The sacred mother would not be pleased if there was any delay. Though she had walked these corridors countless times, today they seemed to go on for ever. The young novice skidded to a halt in front of the sacred mother’s chamber doors, despite the hurry she knew she would be punished if she burst through the doors. Knocking three times she waited.

Finally the response came, “Enter”. Pushing on the heavy doors she entered the chamber.

Why have you disturbed me novice?” asked the sacred mother. “Please your grace, I have a message” replied the novice as she stepped forward to hand the mother the note.

After a while the sacred mother mumbled to herself “I should have known, it has been a long time coming and today is the seventh of the month. Apollo will be watching.

What shall we do mother?” ventured the novice. “We must prepare” replied the mother “but today I am not the sacred mother, today I am the Pythia of Delphi”.

- . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . - . -​

The group had been waiting a while and were becoming restless. “Why must we come here, Cai? I do not need the advice of a witch; I know what must be done”. “Patience Storm” came the reply. “We must consult the Oracle to see if the omens favour such a decision”.

The decision has been made, this will not change anything” came a remark from behind them. Turning Storm saw that it was Jamie with his brother Ger.

Finally decided to join us?” Cai said as he turned “just in time, here comes the Oracle”.

Dressed in shimmering silks and glittering gold the Oracle gracefully walked to the back of the room and took a seat on the raised dais. Only then did she turn to the visitors. “Why have you come here?

Stepping forward Cai addressed the Oracle “please sacred Pythia we seek advice. Please show us our future”.

Men such as you do not need to know the future; you follow your own paths. But very well, I will do as you request”. At this she closed her eyes and went silent for a while. Eventually, after what seemed like an age she opened her eyes.

You will be pleased. The future is promising for you. You have come far in your lives but you have far yet to go. I see you as lords of Gamma; none will stand before you and live. Your alliance will become the stuff of legend. Each week in the ‘Top 12 Alliances Discussion’ friend and foe alike will predict your unstoppable rise. You will truly be Gods among men”.

This we already know, what we want to know is will we face any enemies that can stand against us?” demanded Ger.

The Oracle looked of in the distance for a moment before responding “No, none will be able to stand against such ferocious warriors. All will flee or cower before your mighty armies”.

At that moment Storm chose to speak “I’ve heard enough, we’re leaving. We will leave this world”.

Standing up in shock the Oracle almost shouted her response “But why would you leave? You have ultimate power in your grasp, all the world will bow before you”.

First looking at Storm, Cai gave the Oracle her answer “We are known throughout the world as the most fearsome warriors in Gamma. Love us or hate us all respect our skill. We are at our peak but we will not suffer the slow decline of the great powers that came before us. It is better to go out with a bang than fade away, losing all dignity.

Yes, that is true” said Storm “But we are also warriors, we live for the fight. If none here in this world can stand before us we will seek a challenge elsewhere. We have heard tell of a place where every day holds new challenges, where our enemies will be fearsome and all will stand against us”.

What is the name of this fabled place to which you go?” asked the Oracle.

Storm smiled as he replied “We go to the world of ‘Hello Kitty’

:pro:

DeletedUser

Nice post Cai. Hello Kitty won't know what hit it.

Should clear up a lot of questions people might have about us quiting :)

DeletedUser

Cai, as ever you make me smile and never was a truer word spoken and written.

DeletedUser

Very nice post, answers many questions. However I don't think you were at your peak yet

DeletedUser

nearly as belevable as the lord of the rings trilagy lol

DeletedUser

Nice PnP who knows why anyone does anything. My answer to that is keep them guessing :)

DeletedUser2140

very nice post.

I enjoyed it immencely.

give up your day job. You should write a book.

Has casting began. I would like a role in the movie.

DeletedUser

Thanks guys, appreciate the nice comments.

Wish I could give up my dayjob, then I could play grepolis and write books :)

DeletedUser14226

I was hoping you wouldnt mention Sparta in there when first read it :p

+rep for the well-written lines, good story and non-Spartaism.

Sorry I could rep :(

Last edited by a moderator: