The Death of Grepolis

• Thread starter DeletedUser20688
  • Start date

DeletedUser

What do guts have to do with this?
Honestly, it seems more like you're someone who doesn't know how to play the game, and you have now rage quit. Oh, and ditch the stereotypes, they just reveal you for who you are, that is, someone I would prefer to not play with.

DeletedUser12667

I've been playing gamma for over 2.5 years now. After that amount of time, most people will have left the game due to real life reasons, boredom, etcetera. There is very little fighting that occurs and what does occur is extremely one sided. Tell me, would you enjoy a war you were forced to continue playing, knowing you can never win, constantly losing cities and watching as all of your friends you met slowly leave the game. My lack of enjoyment in gamma has nothing to do with the mass world release. I would rarely ever join another world, and even when I did, I would not be in it for more than a couple months. I always quit and turned to gamma. I am NOT a world hopper like you assume everybody is.

Forcing someone to pay to play a second world imo is basically saying they would rather have you quit than join a second world. How does that make any sense? Your entire idea makes no sense from a business standpoint or from a player's standpoint.

Mate if you read your post here it truly makes my point. You say you are not a world hopper, but you join a new world and only stay for a month or so. Even if you maintain your gamma acct, you join worlds without the plan to stay for the long run where if it would have cost you to join it you likely would not have. And honestly, 200 gold to join a new world, I am sure there are a mass of grepo players now who spend way more than that before breakfast on cuts everyday.

So would it be better that you quit instead of joining a world for a month or so:eek: Fact is mate, you are adding to the number of players joining a world to fill it up faster so inno feels the need to open a new world. Where the fact is that the world may fill up, but it is full of quitters, and next thing the actual players of that world realize is they have very few players playing and a mass of ghosts. And that is in a world that has just been opened recently. But I am sure inno has no complaints, as most spend more gold at the start of the world to try to gain ranks. So the more worlds released means that there are more start up gold spending.

So to your ingame msg mate, I didnt stop arguing as I never was arguing to begin with. You have your opinion, and I have mine. But the fact still remains, the worlds die shortly after they are released, where back 2 yrs ago they remained fun and active long after they were released. So as long as the new worlds have players join just because they think it is chance to be at the top then realize it is too much work/money/or whatever, then inno will continue to mass release worlds as they are not looking at the actual numbers that matter, but the overall numbers of how the world they just opened filled up. And that also adds to the lack of fixes of issues that many complain about, Inno see record numbers joining new worlds so the game has to be awesome without flaws, but they dont see that most never hit 300 points or that the 2nd majority is players from other worlds joining and quitting cause they cant afford to rank in the top 10.

DeletedUser

also with new worlds it takes time to code which means no updates like oceanic forts

DeletedUser6029

this conversation is annoying....it is a business. Simple, the majority of money is spent on new start builds. that being said, Innogames is a business, why would they do something that will undercut their bottom line? I am going to assume most of you don't have a clue about economics and accounting otherwise you'd see full well what is up with the opening of all the worlds.

DeletedUser12667

this conversation is annoying

Mate if you find it annoying dont look at it, it is not a requirement for you to check all threads to keep your acct:eek:

Economics or not, would you buy a car that was guaranteed to end up in the shop just after you bought it and the warranty that may be there denied just cause so you have a car that is just a heap of metal that does you no good. And if you actually read my posts I have stated that Inno is just meeting customer demands due to multiple players starting worlds and then quitting shortly after leaving the players who wanna play lots of ghosts to take instead of battling other alliances.

DeletedUser6029

ok, for starters Hilop, did I quote you in this thread? In my reply? anywhere? If so please show me because I am sorry it was an accident. I will gladly take it up with the forum moderation team as to what happened to have such a huge error occur.

Secondly, you PAY for the privilege and enjoyment of playing the game. You do not pay to keep it forever. It is not owned by you in any capacity. You pay a lease price on your car, and you still turn it in dude. Be nice, I am not getting snarky here, just stating the obvious. I am really trying not to cause the mods heartburn...well with the exception of Sapphire.

DeletedUser12667

Actually mate I dont pay for my car, is has been paid for for quite a few years now. Yes I could get a new one, but the one I have does just what I need it to, so why would I choose to take the money I put into savings, or retirement, or investments so my finicial security is better than it already is just so I can keep up to what society says is what I need to do. You talk about economics and the bottom line, but from your prior post I am gonna guess you lease your ride. So I wonder, if I am right you are paying monthly to ride in a car that is sociabily acceptable, where I pay only a small amount yearly in taxes and insurance to ride in a car that may not be awesome, but the monthly rate you pay to ride, I put the same amount into savings:eek:

And take a look at my post mate, I never said you quoted me, I was just pointing out how I am aware of the economical reasons that inno is mass releasing worlds, and I cant blame them. My thing is, if we(the current grepo players) would quit jumping to the new worlds to only stay for a short bit, then would the world fill up as fast so inno has to open new worlds to keep up with what they think is the demand when it is just us current grepo players that are filling the world just to leave it empty a month after it opens.

I dont PAY for the privlidge and enjoyment of playing the game. If I choose to pay for gold for premium then it is just to give me the benifits of premium. And I am not one to spend money just to spend it, I look at the overall value of what I buy before I purchase it. And if I dont see how it will benifit me then I dont buy it. For example, I buy organic, it may cost me more at the register, but I feel my investment will be returned to me when I dont have the medical bills as I age from unhealthy ways.

But back to point in the thread, the mass world release leaves the worlds that are opened dead, and that goes for the worlds that are just a month old. Where when I first started grepo the worlds stayed competitive for more than 2 months which nowadays is an eternity if a world achieves that:eek:

DeletedUser

Yes it does leave the other worlds dead. But your idea imo is combating extremes with extremes. You want to switch it between many people joining and abrubtly leaving, to fewer people joining and more of them staying. If you had to pay gold to join another world, imagine how small the world size would be. It would NOT fix the problem in any way, shape, or form. And there is literally no reason for inno to implement this from both a purely business point of view and from a world quality point of view.

Yes, I want good quality worlds too. But even back when I joined gamma, there were still people who would join and not even play. I honestly think the only way to fix this problem would be to sacrifice almost all of our speed 2 worlds for slower world releases.
The only other fix would involve a mindset change which does not revolve around a purely elite alliance, but I doubt that will ever happen on a scale where it will matter.

DeletedUser27700

Paying gold to enter a World is ridiculous. I do not buy gold, does that mean I am not allowed to join any new worlds? That is not fair in the least. Grepolis is a Free to play-Game. So charging Gold (Money) just goes against that.

We Players just need to quit hopping to new worlds when they open just to try and get to top rank. stick it out for a month or 2, then make up your mind if you like it or not.

DeletedUser12667

I think that my thought of paying 200 gold to enter a world is misconceived. Yes grepo is a free game, and I respect that, but it is taken advantage of at the cost imo of worlds dying shortly after they are released. So you join 1 world for free and play till your hearts content. But the 2nd world you choose to join should cost, as truly one world is all most can play seriously. I am sure there are some who can manage multiple 80+ city accts, but most find one is plenty enough.

Now my hilop acct has 2 worlds, one is a turtle world and the other is so I dont loose track of mates. And if inno was to say yup any 2nd world costs 200 gold I would be glad to spend it to stay in my 2nd world. Same goes for my 3rd world under another name. 400 gold to have the ability to hang with mates I am cool with spending. But I can say I wouldnt just join another world to fill it quicker if it cost to join additional worlds.

But then again, my worry on stats and ranks left with the loss of 1.26, so I am fine with turtling worlds. As I have found that even with me turtling I am meeting players who are cool:) So it is a win/win for me, i meet cool players and at the same time have no worries about keeping my cities:eek:

DeletedUser

as much as my opinion will not change anything, i'll still make a post

tribal wars - the game in which the only major premium features consist of cutting construction time and something like administrator in grepolis. seems ok more or less

grepolis- 20% boost attack and defense for navy and army combined with 50% spell and 30% resource regeneration give pretty much a huge advantage over someone who doesn't use any of these that also leads to getting culture points and more cities. cutting construction and unit train time specially in the beginning of the server creates uncompetitiveness. things are still ok because i've seen successful players not using gold

the west - after the making of bond shops the usage of gold has increased a lot. players are buying steel boxes from which they can find rare items giving them huge advantages and leveling up more faster than players not buying any premium. just to give you an idea... i'm lvl 48 right now, playing every day compared to lvl 93 guy who is top ranked in the server and an obvious gold spender with lots of rare equipment and whatever he bought by using gold. lvl 120 is max and the server's ben going on since the end of october

forge of empires - this is definitely a game you don't want to play if you don't buy any premium (diamonds). unlike in grepolis in which a certain feature lasts for a period of time, in FoE you actually spend diamonds as you purchase only things that can be bought by diamonds that are greater than any things you don't buy with diamonds. said enough

what i suggest is to make an entrance fee to a server. you pay an entrance fee and there you have a competitive server you can play in

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
Don't know anything about The West, never played it.

I've played TW and FoE though. My opinion.

Tribal wars - Was a good game back in the day, but has lost so many players due to boredom. I haven't played it in years, the last time I played it was probably late 2009, then I saw the ad for grepolis and joined here in 2010 haha. Can't really remember much about the premium, but TW is a dying game.

FoE - As the person said above, using the premium, buying diamonds there gives you a huge advantage, I bought some diamonds there but after a little while I got really bored.

With Grepolis, they do need to slow down on launching worlds every couple weeks or so. I do think they should do a speed round soon and launch a new Hero World sometime in January. People are leaving world after world because new worlds are being launched and they think they can get better luck there starting early. The grepolis premium is great and gives massive advantage over those who don't use it at all but because you use it, does not mean you are the better player.

That is all.

James