The Defining Moment

DeletedUser

my moment

well i have to say my moment was when i joined the loa it changed the game big time as before that i was just a sim player .I had to learn big time and fast as i landed my self in a war zone i joined the war in 36 along side makith badnight and elf (great bunch of lads).Bad night took me under his wing looked after me helped me and taught me well can,t thank him enough but he can,t take all the credit as makith his right hand man was a wee gem as well. Things got a bit boring in 36 as the attacks and targets seemed to disappear .It was then that the loa merged with another alliance and things didnt work out for me as i had personal problems with some of the new members .It was around that time i became friendly with greco who had helped me on my time in 36.We chatted away all the time and i made the jump to the huns as i think it was the right thing to do as i wasnt happy with some of the new members and had a few fall outs .On joining the huns i was still able to help my friends in the loa and still to this day i still work along side them in there adventures.
The huns is a great close knit alliance with some great guys and girls im really enjoying the game again as the huns are very active and aways on the go but the guys still have the fun side, as the forums is aways good reading there is some real funny guys in there.
So a big thank you to guys in the loa and the huns for making the game what it is and you cant forget the eniemies as without them it would be boring so thanks to the moa the sme and the loc theres alot of hate in the game as it brings the bad side out in some people but at the end of the day its only a game theres nothing i would love to see more that for
sparky greco badnight makith elf vern and his gang nwinder tictac crumble joy royg phil 44 to name a few to be sitting around a table with a few drinks having a chat about the game
so thanks and lets see what the future brings
goodluck
josephine strunks

DeletedUser

Haha, how hard is it not to like her! Spoken like the champ you are Joe, and that would be an interesting dinner, I would definitely attend.

DeletedUser

Well i havent been on grepolis as long as the rest of you have. But what the hell! So i guess the defining moment in my grepo life was watching Black Knights crumble from within. The Black Knights were a mass recruiting alliance. Needless to say as soon as i got about 300 points or so i got an invitation into the alliance.
I was in ocean 48 at that time and the ocean was young. Black knights being an MRA had simply recruited all active players in the ocean.Being a newbie i really did not know much about the game. The Black Knights declared war on another alliance before Harbingers. People randomly launched attacks and there was no co-ordination. But i since i just joined i thought thats how it works.
I got to be honest. Harbingers seemed to have pop out of nowhere! One day i was peacefully growing and leveling up building the next day out of nowhere I'm being farmed like crazy! Urvshabon stole all my resources everyday and that was the most sluggish period of my growth. I got pretty ticked and stopped logging in. Like every beginner under attack i guess i started sending whiney mails to urv to stop.

Three days later we were at war with Harbingers. I saw the alliance crumble down before me. Obviously being just around 1000 points or so nobody was interested in taking my city and i was left alone for the time being.

Everyday i would log in to see people begging for help. The alliance lacked all game knowledge. Harbingers completely incinerated this alliance in about 2 months! There was nothing left of it! Smaller inexperienced players were being made leaders because the real ones got rimmed. It is this time when i got an invitation to join Harbingers.

The alliance would not have had more than 100 players whereas Black Knights had around 300. I was astonished to see the co-ordination and planning.
It just goes to show that you can have an alliance of 500 players. But your no match when it comes to a professional alliance.
After this i learned everything i know right now from Urv and other members.
So thank you Harbingers...thank you dhav,urv,aristarh, and Mighty monarch.

DeletedUser

I started Grepolis back in Mar 10 in Ocean 36. I found myself amongst a few big players most notably wallachian as I shared an island with him. Wallachian gave me my start when he got me in to NaTaRaJa which I would say was my defining moment. I was the smallest player in Nat at that time (1 4k city) but with his help and players like Greco1313 and Crumble I quickly grew a nice porfolio of cities around my central Hub. After the demise of NaTaRaJa there was a gang of 6 left in Ocean 36 so we quickly formed The PFK under Wallachian and greco, a small, compact and powerful unit which didn't really get the time to flex its muscles before we all moved on, some to LOC and some to The Huns. I grudgingly went to The Huns and I was going to quit before I thought I would give it another go this time with LOC. I enjoyed my time with LOC and met some great players like JSouthern who made a massive effort to get in to O36 and the fight to help Crumble, me and the rest of the LOC guys out against IOA. It was with regret that I had to leave in December 2010 due to factors outside of Grepolis as things were getting really interesting as I was duking it out with players like Makith from IOA.

Joe Strunks wrote: So a big thank you to guys in the loa and the huns for making the game what it is and you cant forget the eniemies as without them it would be boring so thanks to the moa the sme and the loc theres alot of hate in the game as it brings the bad side out in some people but at the end of the day its only a game theres nothing i would love to see more that for
sparky greco badnight makith elf vern and his gang nwinder tictac crumble joy royg phil 44 to name a few to be sitting around a table with a few drinks having a chat about the game

It would have been nice to have gotten a mention but I guess we never got to Tango before I had to quit shame really as I was looking forward to that dance.

I have since returned and now have my home in Ocean 28 with Omen & Harbingers and I am slowly moving back up the ranks.

Oh Joe can I have my cities back lol :D

DeletedUser

I'm relatively new to Delta as well, but I might as well say my piece...

My defining moment personally - it was a very small nuisance to everyone else - was when I had a city conquered for the first time.

I had just merged into TFP as part of Gods Heroes to help with the war effort against IoA when a player on the front line became inactive. I was offered one of the cities, knowing it wouldn't be mine for very long, but that it would get me loads of BP. So I took it. I came up against constant attacks from Cronos90, kenkopoulos, billy the blue nose and craig williams as well as a few others, and I managed to hold on to it for around about a month (very approximate). I also gained around about 60,000 defensive BP in all, so that was good.

I have to say the reason I held out for so long is mainly because of a player called Wowbaggus. He constantly kept sending unselfish support, and really helped me through.

I lost two more cities as well as that first one, but now I'm a proud member of IoA and have gained 6 cities in the space of about three weeks, all thanks to Cronos and craig williams and their kindness that they have shown to me.

It may not have been a big moment for anyone else, but it taught me most of what I know now. That and the friends I made during that period has made that the defining moment for me.

DeletedUser

Hey Bel, old friend, I remember those day. We had alot of fun with Pink and fluffy rabbit killers. That was a fun group to bad it was short lived. What would have happened I dont know. Hope you are doing well.

PS. yea come get your cities back. I did some improvements so i will be expecting to be compensated for the work.

DeletedUser

Larinus, your defining most is exactly that, yours. It doesn't matter if it's big, small, recent, in the past or green with knobbly bits.

This game is fundamentally boring. End of.

What keeps it interesting for me is the social side, those little memories that mean something, daft threads, noobish mistakes, insanely (un)lucky attacks and so on.

DeletedUser

Larinus, your defining most is exactly that, yours. It doesn't matter if it's big, small, recent, in the past or green with knobbly bits.

This game is fundamentally boring. End of.

What keeps it interesting for me is the social side, those little memories that mean something, daft threads, noobish mistakes, insanely (un)lucky attacks and so on.

I have to agree with badnight. Also badnight the new friends that we make here in the game. I remember reading somewhere how many members of DoA migrated to grepolis from another similar game. When the time comes, We might all migrate to another game and keep our friendships alive.

DeletedUser

Dear delta,

Another defining moment

I am proud to say that my Drama with Nwhiner still continues. Lets start at the beginning. Sunday nite Nwhiner came up with a plan to clear me out of his so called "Core ocean". He spoke to many of his friends and they all sat down in the war room to discuss strategy. They finalized there operation plans sometime Monday nite into Tues morning. One member launched a bogus failed tried on one of my cities figuring he will distract me. Weds nite the great Nwhiner figures he had the best of me. SO Weds nite, His mighty armada from 17 cities set sailed to a lonely city in Oc 25. Guess they all figure the men in the city would be drinking all nite and wont be able to fight and defend themselves. Sadly Nwhiner, My men fight better after a nite of drinking and partying. Well over the horizon the first of trouble was seen. The guard on the watch tower sees the name of the lead ship of this mighty armada. The SS Minnow. Well the word went out and the men laughed. Well my men knew the outcome before it happened. I sent Half the support back home to make it more of a challenge. One attack 2 attack till all 17 attacks landed. Several of them we let them go by. Then Nwhiner friend, no name needed, was strong armed to attack after his personal protest, was promised the city would be cleared, This gentleman see his CS and support troops were sent to the bottom of the see.

Now Nwhiner, like usually is blaming other players for HIS failure. Yes It your failure Nwhiner. You are blaming other alliances for supporting me. You should Look within your so called friends that really supported me. Thanks guy(s) from EotD for the support.
And Yes nwhiner several Hun members did support me. As for posting in your profile page false statements that Black has personally support me, with out any proof, is shameless. I dont know what your motives are by posting Black involvement. Are you trying to make anti-Hun coalition to attack the?. Is this your plan. OR is that you just mentally broke down and can't handle the mental fatigue of this game? Did I get into your Head? Are you waking up in the middle of the night with sweat,screaming my name out, "GRECO, HUNS, GRECO, HUNS". You can tell us. If you need a shrink I have a friend that might help you. Just ask. Papa bear is here for you.

DeletedUser

You REALLY are the most egocentric man on earth. Your hubris is insane. There is more going on than you, more are in the server than you.

Why did I attack you and get EotD to attack you? You never put those pieces of the puzzle together, little buddy.

So SG-Elites would have a clear shot at Oriansport! We, being the collective of people who know you and your cronies to be idiots, decided it best to give them a chance. Why did SG-Elites re-go nuetral and we did not have a pact until we attacked you? To trick Oriansport. This whole thing was about him, not you. But you're to egocentric to realize it. LOL!!!! What a blubbering fool. You were too blind with your own ego to realize you had nothing to do with it! I tricked you, and you still continue to be under my gaze. oh man, classic. Spies are so easy. You just post FALSE information in the forums. Only Dysen, myself and a few chosen from SG-E knew the real plan. And even when I spelled it out to you, before the attacks landed, you missed it. Classic, just classic. Man, I don't think I'll ever stop laughing at you.

And low and behold: http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/44/members?compare=kill_def 55.000 defensive BP. Oh and look, his multi got 11k defensive bp.

They attacked oriansport like crazy. I am not sure if any CS's have stuck, but we shall see. All we wanted to do was give SG-E a chance to prove themselves, and they did so handsomly.

As I told you from the first minute you were the red herring. But, you think everything is about you and failed to see the big picture. HAHAHAHA! Maybe now you realize why my personal messages talking about SG-E and not EotD. ROFL! Remember, I told you to look at my alliance pacts page? I left SG-Elites on there just so you could see it. Oh my, good times.

It is just when I commit to something, I ACTUALLY DO IT, unlike little whiners like yourself.

Now go back to school little girl obviously you have a ton to learn.

(p.s. successful diversion, because you are still whining about it like a little school girl and failed to see the bigger picture - the huns have another alliance against them. So yes, it is a defining moment, but it has literally, nothing to do with you. Moments like this are why I still play the game. Thanks Greco! You have made me very, very happy today.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excuse me, Mr. Almighty, All knowing. I did to know it was a diversion. You really think that I come out and tell it to you straight. And as for SG, Yes i knew of the pacts with you guys. Yes I know all about it. Yes I know they wanted to be Neutral and now they shifted there focus on orion. Yes I know all about it. But yet MR Nallknowing, You still dont know crap. I am 10 step in front of you. Its not my ego that is getting in the way, Its your hatred that is blinding you. Mr Nallknowing please look in your crystal ball and tell me who was the one supporting me. Like I stated many times to you it was not a black member and you are asking me for names for you to go after them. I will tell you to look deep in that crystal ball and ask which Eotd Member sent support.

As for SG, what did you tell me, oh yea "Looks like I have some people to train!". So please tell the world what you think of them. You are basically using them to attack orion, but yet you look down at them. Sad that you look down on your so called friends. So go home and play with your dolls and have a tea party. Maybe you stay on long enough and learn to Clear a city and maybe you might be able to land a CS in it.

DeletedUser

Alright just calm down the both of you...sorry for interrupting but its a game and i dont want either of you losing your cool and using foul language which might get you banned...relax...