The Friendly NOOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hello :p
I am new to this whole forum thing... I am just starting to realize that everyone converses in here and not just the game.

Anyways right now I am trying to figure out what to do in my main worlds... Now its my question...

Seeing how all the alliances work generally in your opinions would you consider a good alliance small or large or some other characteristic??

Its fascinating seeing how in some of my worlds the alliances are extremely active and in some its like a ghost town.

Anyways any reply is appreciated...

DeletedUser

firstly Welcome to the external forums.

Second, about alliance size, it depends. I prefer to keep alliances small with a handful of active, aggressive and determined players. I find that if you work in a small team, communication and team spirit between the players is significantly higher, and playing becomes enjoyable. Where-as at an MRA size alliance, it quickly becomes dull.

DeletedUser

been in both and as a leader/council member in both. Very much prefer small alliances of good players that are active.. though keeping them active is hard work.. in an MRA it doesn't matter if a few leave lol

but as a small alliance you have more fun.. get to work more as a team and it's more of a family.. been in MRA's where I've never spoken to half of them lol

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
I suppose it's possible to have a large alliance that is very active, talkative, and skilled. However I have yet to meet one so I vote for small alliances. Players will inevitably quit a server. So a large alliance has an advantage there. If 1/10 of your members leave it is more noticeable in a small alliance. The trick to an alliance is finding one with good leadership, if it has that size won't matter.

DeletedUser

I think if they are all active, willing to do whatever is needed and post on the forums, then why not have a larger alliance to attack in groups?

But, yeah, I agree with TK

DeletedUser

Looks like I should be shopping for a smaller size alliance. New to this world and relatively new to the game. Been following the forums though and seems like a few guys like TK and PrincessLozza know there stuff though

DeletedUser

I would go for a small, good alliance. Big alliances generally get out of control, and like people have said, they are no fun. I was in a huge MRA once and I dont think I talked to anyone. I sent the leaders a few messages and they didnt even open them.

That alliance fell apart and so I moved on to a much smaller and way better alliance.

Go for a small good one, they are always the best.

DeletedUser

IMHO Smaller alliances are normally better alliances, but only if they communicate.

"Skype is a massively useful tool for staying friends and working on ops, and defense."

Also geography is very important if you're going to be in a small alliance, you want them to be in the same ocean as each other.

DeletedUser

Same for me

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this game (and to the forums) as well. I've been reading some forum threads here and, as it appears to me, there are quite some requirements for an alliance to be considered 'good'. I've been looking around in my ocean (O65) and I can't find an alliance that meets these requirements, most of them are of this MRA-type, which apparently is regarded a kind of pestilence or something like that.

So my question is, should I just ask one of these 'bad' alliances for an invite or should I wait until something better is formed? Or do you have other suggestions? Founding one myself is not an option as a novice player, especially since I'm just a small player (1600 pts.)

Thanks in advance, all response is very welcome!

Gijs

DeletedUser

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this game (and to the forums) as well. I've been reading some forum threads here and, as it appears to me, there are quite some requirements for an alliance to be considered 'good'. I've been looking around in my ocean (O65) and I can't find an alliance that meets these requirements, most of them are of this MRA-type, which apparently is regarded a kind of pestilence or something like that.

So my question is, should I just ask one of these 'bad' alliances for an invite or should I wait until something better is formed? Or do you have other suggestions? Founding one myself is not an option as a novice player, especially since I'm just a small player (1600 pts.)

Thanks in advance, all response is very welcome!

Gijs

Well in my opinion MRAs are not a bad thing...you have to start from somewhere so it is understandable that "good" alliances will not take in noobies. However being an MRA alliance does not mean that you do not have good quality players...so you can actually learn a thing or two.

Eventually if you are a good/talent player the quality will come through and when your MRA alliance starts to fall it will be easy for you to move on ...

If you need any help or advice...message me in-game

DeletedUser

One thing MRA don't each you...DO NOT ATTACK with Swords and Bri's

DeletedUser

Well in my opinion MRAs are not a bad thing...you have to start from somewhere so it is understandable that "good" alliances will not take in noobies. However being an MRA alliance does not mean that you do not have good quality players...so you can actually learn a thing or two.

Eventually if you are a good/talent player the quality will come through and when your MRA alliance starts to fall it will be easy for you to move on ...

If you need any help or advice...message me in-game

Thanks for responding and offering me your advice. So I could just join such an alliance, make the best out of it, get some good allies and try to survive after the MRA falls?

One thing MRA don't each you...DO NOT ATTACK with Swords and Bri's

Isn't that ehm... quite obvious? The main qualities of swordsmen and biremes are in defense, at least what I've seen.

DeletedUser

Isn't that ehm... quite obvious? The main qualities of swordsmen and biremes are in defense, at least what I've seen.

meh, you would think so wouldn't you. You will be surprised what you will see in these worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.