The Future of Events

DeletedUser17088

This is aimed more at the tokens/coins you get as part of mixing ingredients/collecting feed/assasinating etc.

while it is nice to receive Myth units as a reward, they seriously upset the balance of the game (for once in favour of the attacker) when you can receive 20+ manti with one token/coin the result is a massive abundance of offence myths. Holding sieges is incredibly difficult because the amount of Defence units needed is unreal and while defense units are available as a reward too, the amount you receive in the amount of time vs myth units attack strength and numbers is under par by a long mile.

if you are in the fortunate position of having lots of money for gold this makes your game very enjoyable vs the every day player. I would suggest either of the following

Remove Myth unit tokens/coins altogether as a reward
or
Seriously Nerf the amount of Myth units you receive as a reward

I cannot be the only one who feels that the few weeks during an event and up to a month later, the server sucks the big one for trying to take cities in conquest and if you play revolt defending is horrid.

cheers for reading

DeletedUser31385

Definitely agree, a player wiped out over 20k DLU in a siege after losing all his manticore nukes a couple days before. That is kind of ridiculous.

DeletedUser10962

Not sure what you mean by coins....

Here's the issue you have to come up with a solution that lets inno still make as much or more money. I would suggest there are a couple of ways that they can do this:

1. Change the rules for supporting sieges. Make it so the god in the cs senders city is the god in the city being sieged while it's being sieged. This would mean you could set it up to allow you to support sieges with the myths that can actually defend against fliers.

2. Boost the LDU tokens. it takes 2 and a half max buffs to fill a city with mantis. It takes about 8-9 to fill a city with archers. Maybe not 40 an hour but 200 an hour would be a much more equal buff. They should be population normalised the number of erinies you can get in an hour means you fill a city incredibly fast. Normalise them all and the game gets a lot less unbalanced.

3. Do the above but do it by bringing the mantis etc buffs down in line with the LDU 1 per hour or two per hour would be a lot more sensible. This is my preferred option because it stops incredibly average players suddenly being atop all the BP ranking cos they just rebuild rebuild rebuild

Zarun-

Strategos
This is a bit off-topic, but related.

When a player ghosts they should lose their event points. We have someone at 175 pts in abdera who will be getting those 30% ls bonuses.

The active player below him deserves it way more.

DeletedUser32469

I want to underscore what djdom32 says. Not only is the event a transparent effort to increase gold use, it completely perverts the way the game is played while the event is going on. At the very least, there should be rewards available which completely balance out the effect of flyers; perhaps a great increase in the strength of Pegasi, for instance.

Zarun-

Strategos
Windbag, that's true but if you look at Alexa rankings you can see that Grepolis has lost a lot of site traffic in the last couple of years.

So it's only natural they would try to maintain the same profit margin levels by encouraging players to spend more in-game.

It's indeed most unfortunate but this is simply the natural evolution of this game. Seems like more and more of the casual players are quitting and what's left is the hardcore Grepolis players who have been paying for this game all along.

And we have to pay more to keep the game running these days because there's a much smaller pool of players buying gold.

Honestly it seems to me that Inno is simply milking profit out of this until the inevitable "Grepolis is shutting down on XX date. Please join Tribal Wars 2 instead."

As players we can either complain about it or adapt to it. I choose to adapt to it - eating a 70 manticore nuke is great DBP. :)

This is a trend that is not going to reverse itself so it's pretty useless to complain about it.

DeletedUser2595

While the overpowering of units available in events is a big issue i think the bigger issue is how many events there are now. It seems to never be more than a couple of weeks between events these days and just as a server is starting to settle back into some semblance of normality another event kicks off and all hell breaks loose again.

JungleBear

Phrourach
i completely agree. when events first came out it was woo hoo this is good, no flying nukes......the flyers so unbalance the game for the event and for the coming weeks after. Like SH said it settles down into fair play and good old battling then another event.

These days i have double bps left over from the previous event when they release another, halloween, then christmas, then easter, then summer and im sure they will sneak a couple more in between, persian conquests or something.... too many...

i love the game have adapted since alpha and beta first came out when many quit....heroes nobody liked but there here, these flying nukes have to got to go from events

DeletedUser11165

The flyers have unbalanced the game it would of been offset had inno rotated bonuses more; Halloween should of been Manticores or Harpies with Pegasus and Boar/Cerberus/Centaur.

As Djdom says allowing the myth of the CS to be planned in advance would be a great change allowing an entire alliance to send Athena defence to a CS.

Wanting to see more myth units in game was a stated objective something I don't think is a bad thing but currently is extremely unbalanced when you add in the addition of Democritus effect it just becomes a "cluster****".