The Good guys and the Bad guys

DeletedUser

We all have our allies and enemies here in Beta (me maybe more than most).

But I'm interestedd to know, who do you think are "good guys" and who do you think are "bad guys"?

An enemy player can still be "good" - I've come across a lot of those (it makes playing the game pleasant at times). Sometimes even an ally can be "bad" - using underhand tactics.

It's a very subjective topic, and I know that even the "bad guys" in game aren't necessarily evil in real life... apart from me that is!

So, to start...
Good guys
Kandl Loyal to his alliance and doesn't take things too seriously in my experience

Chimosan - (Achilles) Suprising myself listing this guy, but he put up with my taunts and insults and responded in a calm fashion.

Bad guys
Archimedes of syracuse Never relly got on with this guy... every time he got attacked it was a mass mail to the whole alliance. If someone can say something redeeming about him, please do!

Rutlirules Just too damn unpredictable for me.. one mail says create an alliance and I'll join it, next one is rant rant you are a waste of space. Seems to cause trouble - but hey... so do I!

Last but not least - and I love controversy

Qlander Too many mind-games. Certainly a character of the game, but I think evil-Q is definately the side I see most of!

DeletedUser

I'd be intrested for a non x person and a non wok person to describe sensai (biased oppinions)

DeletedUser

I think pheno are the good guys.I will back this up by saying "The underdog is always good".

DeletedUser

Since when were Pheno the underdog?

Just saying, the underdog is on the bottom, not just the one facing huge odds against them.

DeletedUser

I'd be intrested for a non x person and a non wok person to describe sensai (biased opinions)

ok then...

Sensai:
Seems to be of a right mind... I would say overall he is a good guy. BUT, I would say he does seem to do a lot of backhand dealings to help him. Simply I think he covers all his bases, in real life I can imagine him as the guy who sits quietly in the corner (completely passive) and suddenly comes out with a comment that wins one side of an argument.

Or maybe he is the guy who will stay silent when someone is telling a joke then discuss with him why the joke is not very funny :p

In other words I would guess he is someone that you dont want to get on the wrong side of in RL, you may turn around to find a gun in your face (or possibly a very strong taser) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Since day one.

Sifting through pages and pages of Grepostats, I've never seen Phenomen as the underdog. They are one of the few alliances that were formed in the beginning that were consistently good and managed to survive this far...

DeletedUser

Sifting through pages and pages of Grepostats, I've never seen Phenomen as the underdog. They are one of the few alliances that were formed in the beginning that were consistently good and managed to survive this far...

In the war there in.

DeletedUser

You never specified and even now in the war Pheno is in they are not the underdog, seeing as other alliances had to get together to fight them.

DeletedUser

I think pheno are the good guys.I will back this up by saying "The underdog is always good".

I was thinking of individuals, not alliances.

As I stated in the OP, some of the good guys are Phenom players - so are some of the bad guys :)

DeletedUser

In that case, your a bad guy disbanding alliances, naughty naughty!

DeletedUser12662

The problem with deciding whether someone is good or bad, is that it's all subjective. Two people can have identical ideals, and yet they call each other the bad guy because they're on opposite teams. If you were to ask him, I'm sure Hitler would have sworn he was the good guy. For millions of people, for a period of years, he WAS.

A more useful spectrum is selfishness<---------->altruism

Who are the selfish players and who are the altruistic guys? And who is right in the middle? There ought to be some agreement on that one.

DeletedUser

Great topic we have here. In game there are actually few "bad guys", there are hot heads and those who aren't mature. But personally I'd say overall a "good guy" would be King Earl. I know he's in my alliance and I'm probably biased but he's loyal to his alliance and a good guy overall. I think there should be a "neutral" category because there are these players who are good but have their negative qualities that make them hard to distinguish as good or bad.

DeletedUser

im a bad player. i help people of my choosing.. not those who ask for it, but those i prefer have it

i blame people for how they play.

and i threaten people they are not allowed to keep their accounts

i dont mind telling people off be it a normal player or part of the community (they just volunteers) anyway

im a good player ive lost 10k biremes (for nothing) helping nubs out only to watch them quit (angry) but they cant say i didnt help.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

im a bad player. i help people of my choosing.. not those who ask for it, but those i prefer have it

i blame people for how they play.

and i threaten people they are not allowed to keep their accounts

i dont mind telling people off be it a normal player or part of the community (they just volunteers) anyway

im a good player ive lost 10k biremes (for nothing) helping nubs out only to watch them quit (angry) but they cant say i didnt help.
On balance I'd say that made you good... altruistic qualities (as Sceeth pointed out)

Blaming people for how they play isn't bad, only common sense!

I disagree with some of the statements you make on this forum, but I respect you as a "straight shooter"