The great Hong Kong War – Aug 18th 2011

DeletedUser

Not sure if the past few days have been the largest op ever done on Lambda, if not, it must be quite close

First and foremost, kudos to my teammates, you guys did awesome, great commitment, outstanding spirit, fantastic military (and psychological) support at the heart of the battle
Good job IS as well, it was a well coordinated op

Story line is quite simple : Loganos1 drew first blood, trying to attract as many defenses as possible in one city. 12 hours later, midnight server time, the waves of attacks started all over.

This is fun, this is why I play. A few numbers to show how staggering this was

4 : the cities I lost
1 was unavoidable (mico, this is yours)
2 were tiredness related on my side, could have saved them but I was swarmed at the time (Loganos, Randy, these are yours, admin would have saved them I think, but I have not spent a single $ on this game)
1 was a stupid idiotic dumb crazy freaking frustrating mistake on my side, I should have killed 99% of the last 8 incomings and saved the city (Niven, you got a new home out of this)
13 : IS members participated altogether, 7 of which are in the top 20 of Lambda
18 : the cities that were targeted (I think 2 were fake targets, the rest lloked like there was real intention to conquer)
250 : the approx. total number of attacks.
The most amazing to me is that I only very very few fakes (including a fake CS from kw).
Maximum observed at one time : 105 (maybe more when I was offline, I did manage to sleep 2 full nights during the battle)
I think I was during 12 hours or so with more than 90 incomings
16453 : the number of IS vessels sunk (includes 13474 LS, 2667 FTS and 15 CS)
58730 : the number of IS ground units killed (includes 41054 slings, 11910 hops, 3881 horses and surprisingly very few myths, 45 lions)
224272 : the defensive BP I gained (won’t post about our losses, but the ratio is quite good… for KoF) - This is about 750 VP, I'll need more time for VP than for rebuilding biremes and walls... lol

My conclusion to all this, this game still gives a strong bonus to defense, even increasingly overwhelmed by the attacking forces, an alliance 2.5 times our size, 10 players bigger than me… losses are relatively limited. But this is fun, it makes defending very rewarding, and conquests even more as they are difficult against active players

One last word, Hong Kong has been at the center of bird flu, H5N1, SARS, H1N1 and becomes stronger after every infection… remember that - and Juventus, if you’re from HKSAR, you’re on the wrong side of the fence ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great numbers but man they must be sending 99 attacks each day. This is going to be a long war.

DeletedUser

From what i know about them, that's regular, or even minor IS op. You are lucky that only 13 players participated, and with support from yours alliance and OoC and probably more other alliances i'm surprised that u lost 4 cities.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The great Hong Kong War – Aug 18th 2011 hmmm should read as a skirmish more then anything. Either way it pulled me out of vacation mode a few days early to support my bothers and sisters. Now who will be next is the question any suggestions :D

DeletedUser21470

well we are not so untauched players i think u have done 2 operation on ianusy
one to richard and u have try ta take my citys 023-029 all off them. I know that u guys have not attacked (me) very much but i will wait for u ;) So have fun soph and luck to take 025 :D