The Master Debaters: POTM style!

DeletedUser

greatdebate.png

Information

With all of the publicity surrounding the two front runners for POTM, Bucephalus92 and Deadly Truth we have decided that the only way for the voters to make an educated choice on who they pick is to hold a debate.

The debate will consist of 10 predetermined questions which the candidates will answer. When the answers are posted the candidates will then tear apart each others view points and solutions for the issues. They will continue to elaborate on their stances and form supporters in the audience.

The audience is also encouraged to participate, feel free to ask questions to the candidates. When asking a question please direct it at a candidate.

Example:
@ Deadly Truth: Why are you awesome?

You may ask the same question to both candidates. Each will answer the questions to the best of their ability, which unfortunately probably isn't too good :3.

Also during the debate, the audience is once again encouraged to share their views on a certain issue or topic. State if you agree with the candidates views with reasons why/why not. Also, feel free to tell us what your concerns are!

The candidates official answers to the set questions will be posted later today.

Discuss anything pertaining to this debate in this thread.

The 10 Preset Questions

Q 1 : As POTM what do you plan to do about the kidnapping of beta world players by the alpha server?

Q 2: As POTM what would you do about the civil war in the Xi forums?

Q 3: Do you support the executive councils decision to send aid to the stranded world Pi refugees?

Q 4: In case of a time of crisis what is your plan to fend off alien invaders?

Q 5: If necessary how would you catch a unicorn?

Q 6:If you could date a disney princess, which would it be?

Q 7: If you could own any type of mythical creature, what would you pick?

Q 8: If you could be one prominent figure from history, who would it be?

Q 9: In 2012, what would be your main policy to prevent grepolis warming?

Q 10: Candidates form their own question

Disclaimer: Deadly Truth and Bucephalus92 are very good friends, anything that appears to be flaming between the two candidates should not be taking seriously as it is for the entertainment value. Neither candidate will take offense to what is said about them by the other :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Bucephalus92's Responses

Answers to 10 Questions

Q 1 : As POTM what do you plan to do about the kidnapping of beta world players by the alpha server?

The kidnapping of Beta players by Alpha players is a horrendous offense, and unfortunately I think its something we are going to see on the rise as the older worlds of grepolis begin dying off. That being said, I think we need to send a clear and concise message to these kidnappers that conduct such as theres will NOT be tolerated. That is why I support the use of full military force in the retreival of the Beta players, and prevention of such events ever taking place again

At this time it is my firm belief that the United Rho forum should stay out of the civil war currently raging in Xi. This is because at this point there have been no human rights violations by either side, and as such is still merely a conflict between the supporters of the two rival potm candidates. Who are we to interfere with the conflicts of another forum?

3: Do you support the executive councils decision to send aid to the stranded world Pi refugees?

Yes, I appreciate the councils quick response to such an obvious tragedy.

Quite simple actually, Find Micheal Moore, then have him threaten to make a documentary about the aliens if they don’t leave, they will be gone in no time.

I would just start singing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4bc9UwZsYs, it’s a commonly known fact that unicorns can’t resist the sound of my voice.

Q 6:If you could date a disney princess, which would it be?

I would date Belle, nuff said.

I would pick a woman that doesn’t complain.

Tiger Woods, over a billion dollars and 13 mistresses!?!?!?!?

We will take a giant Ice cube and drop it into the ocean, every few years we would have to use a larger ice cube, thus solving the problem forever.

Q 10: Candidates form their own question

Deadly Truth, If you had to choose between Lucky Charms or Chocolate rice crispys, which would it be?

I have four questions and I direct them to both candidates:

1. What are your views on the use of marijuana while playing Grepolis?
2. Do you miss the envelopes?
3. Considering that agriculture was the key development that led to the rise of human civilization, with the husbandry of domesticated animals and plants (i.e. crops) creating food surpluses that enabled the development of more densely populated and stratified societies, how often do you farm?
4. Do you have any piercings or tattoos? If so, would you be willing to prove it?

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

A potential voter, Kalaya

1. probably not a good idea when timing attacks or diplomacy is involved, probably results in a less boring grepolis experience though.
2. Not at all, although I wish they would extend the option to invite your friends to specific build spots to the older servers.
3. Well fortunately I dont have to keep any of that in mind because this is an internet game, that being said, I farm occasionally
4. Why dont you come on over and I can show you

DeletedUser

Deadly Truth's responses

Answers to 10 questions

Q 1 : as potm what do you plan to do about the kidnapping of beta world players by the alpha server?

As POTM a firmly believe in justice, freedom of posting and puppies. The Beta server was a satellite state for the armed rising of Dolphins in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. While I do not condone the taking of the beta world players – I sympathize with Alpha. I call for the immediate release of the beta posters, however there must be a way for Alpha to remain a free and just Forum. I will help negotiate peace for these two great forums, if elected.

The Rho forums shall remain neutral in the hostilities in the Xi forums. It is not our place to step in and try to force our ways upon people so different from us. However, as different as they may be we must recognize that we are all humans. I will send in the Sesame Street crew to promote love and feelings, mainly because they are easily disposable.

Q 3: Do you support the executive councils decision to send aid to the stranded world Pi refugees?

The Pi situation is very indeed, as the fairy god mother of Mars smashed the planet into pieces the number of refugees kept adding up. Rho forums will help our friends anyway possible; our aid is very valuable for a forum in need, like Pi. We shall also take it one step farther; I will open the arms of our forum and invite them to join us. We must also remember that the executive council is here to help everyone, not look at selfish interests. Yeah I am talking to you Chi!

Alien invaders? Sheesh! I have already ordered 100 tinfoil body suits for our Rho forum members. These suits will prove invaluable for when the time comes to use them. In addition to the suits I have submitted a piece of legislation to the moderators that asks for a glass dome to be built around our forum. This glass dome will give us all safety from the creepy crawlies of deep space.

Simple, you use a bear trap. But for bait you use carrots covered in glitter. True story! Now if you want a double kill, you put carrots covered in glitter at the end of a rainbow and you will catch a leprechaun riding a unicorn. This would bring you vast wealth and prestige worldwide.

Q 6: If you could date any Disney character, whom would you choose?

Belle, from beauty and the beast. I like Brunettes ;)

Manbearpig.

Al Gore: Manbearpig is in there and we all have to kill him while we all have the chance, I'm cereal!
Policeman #1: Mr. Gore, please, we need you to calm down. Now, what exactly do you suggest we do?
Al Gore: I told you, we need to fill the cave with hot, molten lead, 'cause it's the only way to make sure Manbearpig never comes out. And I'm saying it and I'm totally cereal but everyone just keeps digging!
Policeman #1: Well, see, the problem is, if we fill the cave with hot, molten lead, it will kill those boys too.
Al Gore: They're already dead, didn't you listen to me? They got attacked by Manbearpig and Manbearpig leaves no one alive, I'm super cereal! And nobody'll listen to me. I'm cereal!
[starts blubbering]
Firefighter: Do you want me to get the ex-vice president out of here?
Policeman #2: No, I feel kinda bad for him. I don't think he has any friends.

I am super cereal!

If given the opportunity to be one important person in the world’s history, I would without a doubt chose to be Ron Burgundy. I selected him because of the man’s charisma. Nobody could be loved by so many and then instantly be hated by them as fast as Ron. Not to mention that he also has AWESOME suits.

I would increase the production of ice in the north and south oceans by introducing mega ultra freezers that will create ice in them 24 hours a day 6 days a week. Not 7 because the labor unions would come at us :p. This ice will cool the air temperature and help prevent warming in our favorite game.

Q 10: Candidates form their own question.

My question is to Bucephalus92. Buicy, what is the best episode in the series "The Office" (American Version)?

3. Considering that agriculture was the key development that led to the rise of human civilization, with the husbandry of domesticated animals and plants (i.e. crops) creating food surpluses that enabled the development of more densely populated and stratified societies, how often do you farm?
4. Do you have any piercings or tattoos? If so, would you be willing to prove it?

1. Is not a suitable question for these forums as it is against the rules to glorify the use of drugs.
2. Oh the envelopes, just thinking of them reminds me of the total cluster it created. No I don't miss them.
3. Cows go moo and dogs are mans best friend.
4. I have none, I am pure. :eek:

DeletedUser13255

DeletedUser

Thank you for taking the time to ask the questions, kalaya. They have been answered and posted in "DT's responses" on the third post in this thread.

Thanks,
DT

DeletedUser16292

greatdebate.png

Disclaimer: Deadly Truth and Bucephalus92 are very good friends, anything that appears to be flaming between the two candidates should not be taking seriously as it is for the entertainment value. Neither candidate will take offense to what is said about them by the other :p

Unless you start talkin bout my mama, then all bets are off mate ;)

DeletedUser16292

1. probably not a good idea when timing attacks or diplomacy is involved, probably results in a less boring grepolis experience though.
2. Not at all, although I wish they would extend the option to invite your friends to specific build spots to the older servers.
3. Well fortunately I dont have to keep any of that in mind because this is an internet game, that being said, I farm occasionally
4. Why dont you come on over and I can show you ;)

DeletedUser

I have some questions, if I may.

1. Given that nudity is a natural part of the human condition, and also that some invertebrates are allergic to hummus...what is objectively the best flavour of doritos?

2.Mermaids?

3.Why do we all spend so much time smashing turtles when we could just turn them upside down and go about our day?

4.Is there really a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or is it just a communist lie?

DeletedUser16292

I have some questions, if I may.

1. Given that nudity is a natural part of the human condition, and also that some invertebrates are allergic to hummus...what is objectively the best flavour of doritos?

2.Mermaids?

3.Why do we all spend so much time smashing turtles when we could just turn them upside down and go about our day?

4.Is there really a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or is it just a communist lie?

1. Cool ranch, hands down

2. Hells yes

3. Ill consult some scientists and get back to you

4. If a communist says it then yes, but if not then it is actually true 0.o

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter who wins, the result will still be of those two making ,dramatic, sweaty love... as is usual on a weekend...

DeletedUser

1)If there's something strange in the neighborhood, who you gonna call?

2)What will you do about that silly rabbit who keeps trying to take my Trix cereal?

DeletedUser16292

1) I would call DT, because he is responsible for most strange things

2) Ill let him know either he can get his own cereal...or DIE