Inactive Topic The new hidden forum - only for added members

DeletedUser

Hi everyone!

This idea is a modified copy of philosorted's idea in the Hungarian Grepolis Forum. The name of the official version is Update of the alliance forum, and available by this link (in Hungarian, of course).

Proposal

There are two types of the forum tabs now: the normal, public, and the hidden forum. All the hidden forum is visible for the players, who have the right. Therefore, we need changes.

There are spies in many big alliance. So, if a group of members in the alliance want to attack, and conquer a city of an enemy, the spy will say that to him/her, and the enemy's alliance will be ready for the attack. Therefore, if a group want to make a co-ordinated attack, they have to discuss in mail, or need a hidden forum. But if they got the rights to see the hidden forums, they will see all of the hidden forums, and if there is a separate forum tab for the leaders, it will be visible for these members... But, if it was possible to separately make a form tab visible only for a few members, who are added by name, this problem would be resolved.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

I must admit that I didn't check all of the threads, but I check some of them, and I believe, there isn't any ideas like this.

Reason

With this idea we could decrease, or maybe clear away the danger of the spies' activity in the alliance. In addition, we can make visible forum tabs only for those members, who are interested in it. (e.g. Where there are a separate forum tab for all Ocean, where they have members, every member would see only the forum tab of his/her own ocean, and not the other ocean forum tabs.)

Details

We need a new type of the forum tabs besides the public, and the hidden (only for leaders, and council members), the one, what is visible only for those members, who are added by the leader/forunder. The Leaders/Founders could control the forums like this, and they could decide that, who will see the forum tab. Of course, leaders/founders would automatically see all of the forum tabs.

What is it good for? Against spies, to members can avoid the forum tabs, what he/she don't need (e.g. forum tabs of other oceans), the team could be divided into groups on the forum, without they can see the hidden (Council) forum.

I would like to share an example. Let's say, there is an alliance, called Alliance01, what have 15 members for the sake of simplicity. The members are:

Player01, Player02, Player03, Player04, Player05, Player06, Player07, Player08, Player09, Player10, Player11, Player12, Player13, Player14, Player15

The first 10 players are on the Ocean 43, and the other 5 players are on the Ocean 33. They want to make 2 ocean forum tab, but Player13, and Player14 complained. They didn't want to see the Ocean 43 forum, because it's unnecessary for them. So the Founder didn't make ocean forum tabs, because they cant make forums what is visible only for the members, who are added.

Player01 is the Founder. Player02 is the Leader. Player03 and Player04 are council members. These four people can see the Hidden, Council forum.

They want to make a mission, a coordinated attack against EnemyPlayer01's city. They want Player05, Player06, Player07, Player08, and Player09 to be apart of this. They would like to discuss and to make plans on the forum. But, they know that, they have a spy. They know that, the spy is one of these members: Player11, Player12, Player13, Player14, Player15, but they dont know wich.

So, they can't plan the mission in the public forum. Maxbe in a new public forum... But if they give the rights the members, who are apart of the action, they wil also see the Council forum, which is full of secret informations...

If they could make a forum for these members, and they could add them by name, there wouldn't be danger.

The function would be available between allies, too, therefore, there could be a shared forum tab what is visible only for a few members in Ally01, and only for a few members in Ally02... :)

The members could be added like alliances in shared forums. Pictures are visible below. :)

Visual Aids

forum_update_menu_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Sorry, I didn't find the correct fonts, i hope it's not problem. :) You can add names to the "Visible for" part, if you tick off the Visible by name part.

Later I will upload the other pictures...

Balance

It may will have an impact on the "Acces to the internal forums" right...

Abuse prevention

Hmm... Maybe making adult, or illegal content... But it's possible now, too...

Summary

It would decrease the danger of the spies, the hidden, Council forum will not be visible if we want to make a forum tab because of an action, just for a few members, more little unnecessary forum tabs for the members.

Using it is optional, so it doesn't have disadvantage...

Sorry, my English is not perfect, if you found a mistake in this post, please, feel free to tell me :)

Thanks in advance.

iamkplus

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

LOVE THIS IDEA, I really want this implemented, if you have a certain "task force" or a group of members to take down a certain group of players its perfect. +rep

DeletedUser19042

I believe this was suggested before?
A forum for 'trusted' members...

DeletedUser

Thanks everyone. :) I hope we will see this feature in the game :)

DeletedUser32743

Great idea, btw there are much more important features to implement to the game, and the best idea will win ithe monthy voting. Like my simplified reports idea, check the upcoming monthly voting ;)

DeletedUser18366

And it's quite annoying how when I post an idea, a million Einsteins come along to make sure mine doesn't get voted on :(

DeletedUser18132

Although I think this has been suggested before, +1 from me.

DeletedUser

I really dont know, I haven't read all the 14 pages of the Idea forum. Maybe there was an idea, what was similar to this one, but it was not the same.

Because, if it would have been the same, it would be in the game now lol

Tyrion: Time will show, but, your idea will have many votes in the Hungarian forum, so, it will get in the game from there. :)

DeletedUser19042

This has partially been suggested here and entirely being suggested here..And it was suggested somewhere else as well but I couldn't find it.

Good idea though

EDIT: Found it

DeletedUser

OK, I'm sorry, these ideas are really similar to my idea, but the implementation have a difference...
And this idea won't be rejected. :)

DeletedUser27700

This has partially been suggested here and entirely being suggested here..And it was suggested somewhere else as well but I couldn't find it.

Good idea though

EDIT: Found it

Nr 1 has an inactive OP, Nr 2 is out of format, closed, and in the archives, and Nr 3 is a different idea.

Please continue discussing this idea.

DeletedUser

It does add value to the forums and to the game, but is it that important? You can always get around it by mass mailing the individuals who you want to involve in an operation. Yes, it's inconvenient, but a work-around exists. There are other ideas where there are no work-around and I'd like to see those prioritize over this. E.g. the colour-blind idea.

DeletedUser

I think, that idea is an improvement, and mine is a development... I dont know, I'm probably wrong.

My idea is important, but it depends on who read it.

I hope, my idea will be not in one voting with the colour-blind idea, it would be not fair... :(

But thanks for the opinion!