Contents:
Introduction
Hug This war updates
The fall of crusaders
Old guard VS Nightmares
Memes
Conclusion

Introduction
Sorry for no paper this week. I was on VM and did not have the time to type a paper up. No interviews this week either. Enjoy!

Hug This war updates
Actually some interesting stuff to cover this time around.

1. We now know for certain that True Fear is supporting NONAME against hugs (i probably would have missed that if it weren't for IanY). To me this is not a real issue. I know that if i were in True Fear's position i would do the exact same thing. Why would you not help prop up one of the few alliances left on the server against your biggest threat? Nothing really to add here apart from the fact that NONAME relying on True Fear could bite them in the back in the long run. NONAME are having a gradual recovery after the initial hugs hit. But, it will take them a long time to get back to the points they were at previously. Good luck to them though!

Current warscore: 155-1 to Hug This.

2. True Fear OPed Hug This recently along with other alliances (Old Guard, Nightmares and NONAME i believe but please correct me if i am wrong). Over all True Fear took one city from Hug This (Well done Golden Horn!). Nothing more to add.

3. Hugs are currently in the process of OPing True Fear. As of the time of writing this i believe hugs have taken 12 cities. The warscore will probably shift a bit more as the OP goes on.

Current warscore: 7-128 to hugs.

4. A very quick note that Fenrois is topping the DBP charts even though his alliance is OPing True Fear. Any explanation?

The fall of Crusaders
Crusaders have fallen to Hug This taking 32 city losses. I think this defeat can be contributed to the fact that certain leaders left Crusaders around the time of the OP for newer servers, the fact that Crusaders was also fighting Old Guard, crusaders being carried by a core group of players (around 12-15 from what i have been told) and a general lack of grit in the leadership. What i mean by the last one is that very quickly Crusaders gave up and decided to merge in with nearby alliances. It was this giving up that killed the alliance. Over all Old Guard Nightmares and Hell Hounds all took chunks out of crusaders. Hell Hounds got Crusaders 43 players as well as a few who were willing to relocate. Nightmares took the players further to the east (from what i can tell) and Old guard took the rest. Of this deal i think Hounds benefited the most due to the fact that they pretty much owned 43 already and the fact that they got a lot of the larger players. Then nightmares benefited the next much due to the fact that old guard have been put in a right spot by this.

Let me explain: Old guard has taken the rest of crusaders which means two things:

1. they probably got a lot of the less desirable players because they took a lot in crusaders old core.

2. feelings may be bad (leading to high tension between players) due to the way old guard and crusaders used to be at war.

3. Personally i think that Old guard was a weaker alliance than crusaders. Even with some ex-crusader players Old guard will now have to defend a lot of territory overrun by hugs and will face an even more ferocious opponent.

But, thats it for this segment. if any of my intel is wrong please contact me.

Old guard VS nightmares
Now I'm not 100% sure that this is even a war so I'm gonna keep this short. Basically when i was on Vm nightmares lit up Old Guards and started what seemed to be an OP. Over all nightmares took 5 cities but in the confusion also lost one to Old Guard. Not sure whats going on here but if it is a war i think it will end the same way Crusaders V old guard did. Hugs will hit the team that suits them when it suits them. And, another team will buckle. Then only one team in the north west that is not hugs will remain. And good luck to them when that happens ;)

Memes
I've slacked off making these so a bit of a reduced pile this time round. Don't take them to seriously :)

It would be nice if someone not from Hell Hounds contributed :)

Conclusion
Sorry again for the lack of paper last week. Not doing it tomorrow because i know i will run out of time due to RL. I hope you enjoyed and if you have any questions/ criticism feel free to PM me :)

Raydium88

Strategos
To me this is not a real issue. I know that if i were in True Fear's position i would do the exact same thing. Why would you not help prop up one of the few alliances left on the server against your biggest threat?

And this is exactly why TF will continue to fail, and anyone who goes with this mentality is bound to fail. Leadership who cannot see the long term scope of the game will ultimately lose the big game. But that's enough of me correcting people, who should know what they are doing... concerning obvious logistical mistakes.

OutOfCharacters

Phrourach
1. We now know for certain that True Fear is supporting NONAME against hugs (i probably would have missed that if it weren't for IanY). To me this is not a real issue. I know that if i were in True Fear's position i would do the exact same thing. Why would you not help prop up one of the few alliances left on the server against your biggest threat? Nothing really to add here apart from the fact that NONAME relying on True Fear could bite them in the back in the long run. NONAME are having a gradual recovery after the initial hugs hit. But, it will take them a long time to get back to the points they were at previously. Good luck to them though!

2. True Fear OPed Hug This recently along with other alliances (Old Guard, Nightmares and NONAME i believe but please correct me if i am wrong). Over all True Fear took one city from Hug This (Well done Golden Horn!). Nothing more to add.

Quick addition: NoName is also defending True Fear cities... thus the emerging theories that NN and TF are one happy family... watch out, smaller TF players hoping for a Dom spot! Negotiations are likely heavily underway for how many NN players will get those spots!

Quick correction: Golden Horn city take was not during an OP on HT, it was an inactive former Hug that had fallen out of VM... GH beat us to it (kudos to him!)... and we chose not to kick our player from the alliance solely to preserve our stats.

Thanks for the brief update, and enjoy your vacation!
Please stay out of VM, turn off your alarm, and leave your cities full of offense :D
We'll watch them for you...

1saaa

Strategos
Quick addition: NoName is also defending True Fear cities... thus the emerging theories that NN and TF are one happy family... watch out, smaller TF players hoping for a Dom spot! Negotiations are likely heavily underway for how many NN players will get those spots!

Quick correction: Golden Horn city take was not during an OP on HT, it was an inactive former Hug that had fallen out of VM... GH beat us to it (kudos to him!)... and we chose not to kick our player from the alliance solely to preserve our stats.

Thanks for the brief update, and enjoy your vacation!
Please stay out of VM, turn off your alarm, and leave your cities full of offense :D
We'll watch them for you...
thanks for the offer. Be warned. Some really are not worth watching.

DeletedUser56426

I get that what Hugs has been doing is, for lack of any better words, insane, but it was nice to see this edition focus on some of the things happening on the server outside of Hugs. Even though it was rushed, I really did enjoy reading this weeks edition :) Well done!

1saaa

Strategos
I get that what Hugs has been doing is, for lack of any better words, insane, but it was nice to see this edition focus on some of the things happening on the server outside of Hugs. Even though it was rushed, I really did enjoy reading this weeks edition :) Well done!
thanks. I'm going to try and pivot away from hugs in the next issue and focus on some things outside of them. Thats why i just update their wars in one section (in case something very significant).