The Tau Telegraph Issue#1

DeletedUser15240

The Tau Telegraph
Issue #1
Shared Credit between both Curly123 and Ford Prefect, we both put in the effort, so both should get credit ;), if you rep one, please rep the other to make it fair :), Ford will be posting the next issue probably

:pro::pro:Welcome:pro::pro:

Welcome to the first issue of The Tau Telegraph. This paper is done as an equal effort by Ford Prefect and I. In the first issue today, there will be interviews with some of the top alliances, a quick 2.0 article with interviews from some top mods. By Ford there will be the end of BP, with a little story, a round up of the top 12 alliances and the few milestones achieved this week. Hopefully this will beat the past paper. Enjoy!

(P)(P)Alliance Interviews(P)(P)​

We decided to grab an interview with 4 of the top alliances in the server, hoping to gain an idea of the leaders goals, experience and expectations of their alliances.

Nightmares of Elysium
Interview with Spartan-Fury
What inspired you to start your alliance?
When my good friend tommy knight suffered the loss of his wife and decided to step out of grepo. I decided to take control of his last wishes. Most of the members were brought in by me and i couldnt turn my back on them with the loss of TK. I feel it was a sort of tribute to him to continue on and make sure that it all came together.

What in your opinion qualifies you to be a founder?
TK was the original founder. I was co-leading with him originally. With him stepping down, I felt I had to assume founder.

Do you see your alliance making it to endgame?
I will do my best to help make us strong.

Do you have any goals for the future for your alliance?
To be the best.

In which aspects do you aspire to 'be the best'?
Working together to grow.

Olympus Almighty
Interview with firing

I like leading I know if I start one fast enough I can get a good rank.

I'm a good leader, I don't take unnecessary risks unless I know I can win in the end and I have had plenty of experience.

Yes we are extremely active and have good leaders.

Of course but I would not like to share them at this time.

When you say 'I don't take unnecessary risks unless I know I can win in the end' will that not restrict you from a lot of wars?
If someone attacks a member we attack but when I say I don't take unnecessary risks unless I know I can win in the end it won't restrict me from a lot of wars because most alliances are smaller than mine.

THE MYRMIDONS
Interview with - Achilles -

Love acient greece history and Myrmidons were the fircest greek fighters

experience, responsability, smarts, kind(lol) meaning not a dictator

definitely

To dominate our ocean and the world

The Knights of Crusade
Interview with Bearz31.

Well I used to be in an alliance and had no major job. I wanted to be someone. I wanted to be known.

Well you know this is probably my third alliance. I believe everyone starts off somewhere so I thought now. I am not an elite founder but I know I have what it takes to run an successful alliance.

There is that possibility I guess Battle Points will decide.

Yes I got plenty of goals
-first point average needs to get up
-I want most players active
-Battle Points I want to be a leader in those.
-I want us to stick together even if we fall.

When you say 'I want us to stick together even if we fall' does that mean you will join your alliance members in a new alliance if you decide leading is too hard?
No I mean if we are in war even if we lose the war. I want us to still be together on this world and others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15240

Grepolis 2.0

(pop)Grepolis 2.0(pop)

This is the 3rd Grepolis 2.0 world and so far there have been mixed reactions. Some love it, some hate it, many others are in the middle. Many of the upgrades are a long way off, such as World Wonders and Hero Worlds, however the new god Hades has received positive responses, with the new farming system receiving a decent amount of dislike among the forums

The many common players have posted their opinions on the acropolis, but lets see what some of the top grepolis mods think of the update:

Osl112

Do you like 2.0 overall (why)?
2.0 is superb. It brings Grepolis a whole new aspect; its a breath of fresh air. I'm one of the types of people that find it hard to adapt to new things, but with Grepolis 2.0, its spot on.

The Phoenician Trader and World Wonders are big pluses for me. I can see them playing part in strategy a lot and really does add that dimension of teamwork that it was missing in 1.26. I also prefer the farming system, even if it does seem a little unbalanced towards the not so active players. Then again though, it is the most active that put in the most endeavour.

what is your favourite aspect of 2.0?
Picking a favourite is always hard and to be honest, this is one of the hardest of them all. Despite myself loving most the features, including the new interface, I think Hades would have to get a thumbs up from me. An invaluable god, if used correctly. Every feature is great though, I can't wait to get into world wonders (and more importantly wars over them).

Do you think that 2.0 update will affect gameplay?
Yes. A lot. In ways it promotes offence, in ways it promotes defence. We can already see the impacts with much faster start up growth. Again though, the world wonders will create superb, though slightly irritating gameplay.

The farming system is a key one though. I don't think anyone has mastered later farming yet, but once they do, I'm sure they'll realise how fast you can build up.

Do you think the grepolis community as a whole likes 2.0?
Its a mixed response. I see a wave of positive and negative response, though I feel the negative responses are from those who haven't given it a chance yet. If you haven't given it a chance, you'll find how much more exciting it is.

Do you know of any future updates yet?
Not at all! Sorry!

Cronus

I enjoy the graphics. I think the graphic upgrade is awesome but I am still used to the 1.0 version layout so am stumbling my way through it even though I was a part of the beta test.

My favorite part is my most hated part. I think the changes to the farming was genious. BUT!!! it allows people with no lives to just sit there and click without the task of sending troops. At least with the old system if you lost troops you had to rebuild to farm. This way people can rebuild troops much faster which sucks when your attacking them.. but great if your the one being attacked. So its a benifit and a detriment. Love it and hate it.

I think with the changes it can draw a larger crowd than just what we had before. Its more asthetically appeasing.

I think that as people learn how it works they will apreciate it more. Especially with the Wonders upgrade. The part I am leary about though is when the wonders are built and the world ends... what happens to the money people spent on supporter and activate senate just to a day or so later lose it all as the world ends.

Yes... Yes I do.

Shanara

I like a lot of the changes in 2.0, a fair amount of the new features are a vast improvement on 1.26. Im not a huge fan of the new farming system, personally, but I can see the appeal, and it does meet the requests of the users from the feedback we received.
Obviously, 2.0 has its issues, but any software at this early stage in its life will do, no amount of testing will result in a complete, unbugged product.

I really like Hades as a God, the divine powers are nice, and the myth units are pretty cool too :)

I think so, to an extent. A lot of the aspects such as the premium improvements could lead to premium players having a fairly decent edge over none premium customers, if used properly. But for the most part, no. The core mechanics of the game remain the same. Tactics still work, people still fight the same as always etc. ;)

I think 2.0 has mixed reviews, on the one hand you have those who are understanding and appreciative of how a product like 2.0 can be riddled with bugs, even after being through a fair amount of testing. There are others who aren't, and rightly so, a lot of them spend real life money on the game.
From a gameplay perspective, I think a lot of Grepo Vetrans are less inclined to like the changes, whereas a lot of newer players seem to like them.

Nope, and if I did, I wouldn't tell you

DeletedUser

Editor’s column​
Well, my friends, the beginner’s protection is now over for many of us. It is time to attack with swordsmen and defend with slingers, time to kill militia and loot with hoplites. Great deeds lie ahead of us, but we must not forget: in this game, like everywhere else, cunning usually beats the brute force, as it was illustrated by Douglas Adams in the following dialogue:
He did, however, look pitifully small as the gigantic black tank rolled to a halt in front of him. The tank examined him with a probe. The probe withdrew.
Marvin stood there.
“Out of my way little robot,” growled the tank.
“I’m afraid,” said Marvin, “that I’ve been left here to stop you.”
The probe extended again for a quick recheck. It withdrew again.
“You? Stop me?” roared the tank. “Go on!”
“No, really I have,” said Marvin simply.
“What are you armed with?” roared the tank in disbelief.
“Guess,” said Marvin.
The tank’s engines rumbled, its gears ground. Molecule-sized electronic relays deep in its micro-brain flipped backwards and forwards in consternation.
“Guess?” said the tank.
“Expect!” said Marvin, “oh yes, expect. I’ll tell you what they gave me to protect myself with shall I?”
“Yes, alright,” said the battle machine, bracing itself.
“Yes, go on,” said Marvin to the huge battle machine, “you’ll never guess.”
“Errmmm ...” said the machine, vibrating with unaccustomed thought, “laser beams?”
Marvin shook his head solemnly.
“No,” muttered the machine in its deep guttural rumble, “Too obvious. Anti-matter ray?” it hazarded.
“Far too obvious,” admonished Marvin.
“Yes,” grumbled the machine, somewhat abashed, “Er ... how about an electron ram?”
This was new to Marvin.
“What’s that?” he said.
“One of these,” said the machine with enthusiasm.
From its turret emerged a sharp prong which spat a single lethal blaze of light. Behind Marvin a wall roared and collapsed as a heap of dust. The dust billowed briefly, then settled.
“No,” said Marvin, “not one of those.”
“Good though, isn’t it?”
“Very good,” agreed Marvin.
“I know,” said the Frogstar battle machine, after another moment’s consideration, “you must have one of those new Xanthic Re-Structron Destabilized Zenon Emitters!”
“Nice, aren’t they?” said Marvin.
“That’s what you’ve got?” said the machine in considerable awe.
“No,” said Marvin.
“Oh,” said the machine, disappointed, “then it must be ...”
“You’re thinking along the wrong lines,” said Marvin, “You’re failing to take into account something fairly basic in the relationship between men and robots.”
“Er, I know,” said the battle machine, “is it ...” it tailed off into thought again.
“Just think,” urged Marvin, “they left me, an ordinary, menial robot, to stop you, a gigantic heavy-duty battle machine, whilst they ran off to save themselves. What do you think they would leave me with?”
“Oooh, er,” muttered the machine in alarm, “something pretty damn devastating I should expect.”
“Nothing,” said Marvin.
There was a dangerous pause.
“Nothing?” roared the battle machine.
“Nothing at all,” intoned Marvin dismally, “not an electronic sausage.”
The machine heaved about with fury.
“Well, doesn’t that just take the biscuit!” it roared, “Nothing, eh? Just don’t think, do they?”
“And me,” said Marvin in a soft low voice, “with this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side.”
“Makes you spit, doesn’t it?”
“Yes,” agreed Marvin with feeling.
“Hell that makes me angry,” bellowed the machine, “think I’ll smash that wall down!”
The electron ram stabbed out another searing blaze of light and took out the wall next to the machine.
“How do you think I feel?” said Marvin bitterly.
“Just ran off and left you, did they?” the machine thundered.
“Yes,” said Marvin.
“I think I’ll shoot down their bloody ceiling as well!” raged the tank.
It took out the ceiling of the bridge.
“That’s very impressive,” murmured Marvin.
“You ain’t seeing nothing yet,” promised the machine, “I can take out this floor too, no trouble!”
It took out the floor, too.
“Hell’s bells!” the machine roared as it plummeted fifteen storeys and smashed itself to bits on the ground below.
“What a depressingly stupid machine,” said Marvin and trudged away.
So, let’s rock!

DeletedUser

Top 12 Alliances in Tau: first glance

Top 7 alliance averages
2gw9j6x.png

Top 7 alliance scores
dczrxu.png

Top 12 alliance profiles​

Greeks
Alliance with honor, discipline and exactness.

Recruitment: limited, 400 points minimum

contact Twisted Soldier

Diplomacy: limited, we ingnore pact requests without messages.

contact Starlit8910

For alliance matters contact Patu89

We are not mra, and you better know that. We only take active players and train them, if needed. Be thankful for getting an invite, only chosen ones receive them.

Agression is our passion. We are here to conquer, not to make points.

Roman Empire
Senatus Populusque Romanus. (The Senate and People of Rome)

Diplomacy:
Contact KostaCzvLazic for diplomacy.

Recruitment:
Contact any of our members.
350 points needed.
Know that by joining us you will swear loyalty.
If you have a lower number of points you can join one of our academies:
-Roman Academy Tarentum (0 p needed)

Merges:
Into us: acceptable
Into you: Never

We never give up, for THIS IS ROME

Alliance created on the:
22nd of APRIL 2011, at 2:31PM (UTC=1)

Furnace E
They have a very short profile. Empty, in fact.

Infectious State
₪ The Infection has Started ₪

Infectious State
Aggressive players only!
045 and 055 surroundings.

It was reported that influenza exists in 4 oceans around the world.It is unknown why the virus has killed only in some places in the oceans surrounding 55. Mortifera fever is known as "Infectious State. "

We are an elite and aggressive group of players from other servers as well.

Recruitment: Selective
- Aggressive
- Active everyday on the forums
- Above average points
- In our territory

If you didn't reach the requirement join Infectious Symptoms

Diplomacy: Limited

Merge: Limited
-------------------------------------

Think before you speak......

Contacts
Davediy- diplomacy
kidst3v3-recruitment
Davediy- Merge

The 300
This is an alliance of experienced players. Our philosophy is simple; "Be the agressor not the defender".

Recruiting: Open/Limited/Closed
Pacts: Closed

Merges: You with us only, we will not merge with you.

500 Point Minimum. Will change rapidly and we are very selective.

Decyfer
oralpaul123
theonlythomas
ghreg1

The first test for a Spartan boy occurred at his birth. If the elders believed he was healthy, the child could live with his family until he was seven years old. If the elders thought the boy was weak, or unhealthy, he would likely be killed.

At seven, a Spartan boy would begin his education. Called the agoge, this rigorous program lasted until he was twenty. (An animation, from the British Museum, helps to explain just how difficult it was.)

Although Athena was Sparta's patron goddess, people in the city worshipped Artemis at the sanctuary of Artemis Orthia. It was there that boys, coming of age, were flogged until their flesh was torn and bleeding. (Artemis was linked with the change from childhood to adulthood.) Having survived such rites of passage, plus the agoge for thirteen years, the young man was ready to join the army.

Likely named after the shield they carried - called a hoplon - Sparta's foot-soldiers were called hoplites. They also carried a long spear - longer than a Persian's. Because of the mountainous terrain, horses were less important to a Spartan warrior, although wealthy men had war horses.

A surviving poem of an earlier time, written by Tyrtaeus in approximately 630 BCE, tells us that Spartan soldiers were expected to be disciplined. An excerpt from the poem:

Our man should be disciplined in the work of the heavy fighter,
and not stand out from the missiles when he carries a shield,
but go right up and fight at close quarters and, with long spear
or short sword, thrust home and strike his enemy down.

THE MYRMIDONS
*****Welcome To THE MYRMIDONS*****

We are an alliance made up of ACTIVE, EXPERIENCED, and TACTICAL players that wish to have fun while staying true to the point of the game.

We reside In OCEAN 44 and will move to other Oceans later in the game

Must have at least 800 Points to join

Please contact:
- Achilles -

RECRUITMENT: CLOSED

Knights Templar
We are the Knights Templar.

We are based in ocean 54.

Recruitment: Open
NAP: Open
Allies: Limited

Recruitment:
-Must be in Ocean 54 or on the border.
-You must have over 300 points to join.
-We plan to become very aggressive as we grow, so aggressive players are wanted.
-Must be active, if you are inactive for a week you will be kicked unless you have a reason to be.
-Mail Rheid for a invite.

Pacts:
-This is a war game, and you can't win with too many pacts.
-If you just send a pact without mail it will be declined.
-Please mail Rheid if you think a pact will be good for your alliance and our alliance.
"Give and Get"

WE WILL NOT MERGE INTO ANY ALLIANCE, BUT YOU CAN MERGE INTO OUR ALLIANCE.

Tau Revolution
We are Tau Revolution

We are planning to rule the North-East area of Tau.

Contact ValkyrieXT, Revolution 1 for an invite. We look forward to having you.

Recruitment Availability: Open Limited Closed

Founders
ValkyrieXT

Commanders
1. lajka
2. Cubbers
3. Lunar Assassin

Merge List
TBA
Head Diplomat
1. ValkyrieXT (Until further notice)

Pacts are all held internally and as for enemies... You'll find out if need be.

An Attack or threat against one of us means war.

Do NOT invite our members or we will shoot you down.

We are not a peaceful alliance, nor are we a particularly violent one. We will pact with those that benefit us and will wage war on those that are an annoyance. Contact ValkyrieXT for Pact Info.

This is Tau Revolution and we will fight until we are killed one by one. We will not stay at a stand still while our allies die nor will we sit and watch our enemies grow in number.

Long Live the Revolution.

Krypteia
We win wars and succeed in battle or we die fighting for something worth fighting for.

Talk to King ZoroJr.james9090 for anything involving alliances /player issues/war involvement/etc:

Recruitement
no if we want you we will come to you and ask...

Diplomacy
Yes
REQUIREMENTS:
1)must be in the top 20 in world or dominate top 3 in K45
2)must require at least 40 members and be close to us so support can be given to both parties
3)must answer one question(what is most important between two alliances to ensure trust between both sides?)

fit all requirements and have a strong answer please message King ZoroJr. or james9090

formed on April 26th 3:05pm

Olympus Almighty
We stand together an attack on one is an attack on all! We have experience and are a group of active players.

Recruitment is limited to O55 and its immediate vicinity. The point requirement is now 450 as of 4/26/2011. Contact Undefined1.4 or jimjam340 for an invitation.

Refugees are not allowed and will be kicked out and farmed.

Diplomacy is limited to alliances with over 2000 points. Contact therapoda if you meet this requirement. We will not choose between two allies that are having a war.

Merges are allowed into us, but we will not merge into you. Contact firing, Kilomoana, or Undefined1.4 if you would like to merge into us.

The Knights of Crusade
The Knights of Crusade, never heard of it have you. Well we are here to make this alliance known by our names.

Recruitment:OpenLimited Closed
We now only look for players with above our average points and are active
To join contact Bearz31.
Remember I am not always on so if you ask for something I might not answer back right away but eventually I will.
Pacts: Open Limited Closed
Merges: Open Limited Closed

Nightmares of Elysium
Recruitment is limited, 055 only. Skype is not essential but certainly helps and previous experience is preferred.

Recruitment is currently CLOSED

However, after the end of Beginner Protection, recruitment will be open selectively.

If you are located in Ocean 55, have good ABP and are in the top 150 attackers please contact curly123 if you think you are good enough to join us. In the mail you need to include : why you want to join, your experience, your aspirations in the alliance, a link to grepostats and a few other things that make you a good player and someone we should have onboard.

And this, our dear readers, is the end for now. Hope you enjoyed it. And don't miss the next issue!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Awesome job guys. Looks like you put in a lot of work and it really shows. A quality product that makes me eagerly anticipate the next installment!

DeletedUser

I loved it but you needed to write more stuff about me! Also you just done the 7 best alliance just to leave out Furnace E :(

DeletedUser5

Looks really good Curly, I'm sorry that I delayed you a little, and was unable to submit the interview for you.

Keep up the good work

DeletedUser6810

Good job lads, this is how a paper should be done. Looking forward to the next one.

rep for both of you...if you could get ford to post so we could rep him too ^^

DeletedUser15240

Good job lads, this is how a paper should be done. Looking forward to the next one.

rep for both of you...if you could get ford to post so we could rep him too ^^

He posted the second half of the paper, if you look you will see on the 3rd and 4th posts, it was him who posted them.

DeletedUser6810

Yeah I noticed as soon as i finished the message and went to rep curly ><

Rep either way gj lads.

DeletedUser17043

gotta admit i lold so much at the beginning of the editors section :D

DeletedUser15240

Thank you for the response guys, we apreciate it, and hopefully the next issue will be out before long