The Western War - The War in Oceans 26, 36, and 37

DeletedUser

It was a normal day in Ocean 26. The FightingIrish was expanding as usual, and were in war-games mode, practicing coordinated attacks like how a baby has to learn to crawl before it could walk. Soon, the FightingIrish had wiped out a 10,000 point alliance, and it was making baby steps. While the leaders were finding more smallish alliances to pick a fight with, a commotion was occurring in Ocean 36.

Greetings,

I am located in ocean 26 and am currently looking for an alliance. I've been putting it off in order to see how things turned out. Your alliance appears fairly active and about the size I was looking for. I would like to avoid joining an MRA.

I'm finally looking now because I'm being threatened by Legions of Achilles West. Yesterday their leader spied on me. When I tried to talk to him about it he implied that they would try to conquer me if I didn't join them. Needless to say I didn't appreciate the threat and would rather offer my services to an alliance such as yours.

I've done nothing to provoke them. They just see me as an easy mark on my own. I think simply being apart of a strong alliance would stop them from bothering me (at least for a while). In exchange for your actual and implied support I will offer my support to your alliance in the form of troops and resources.

If you have any questions for me I would be happy to answer them. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

musolffc
The leaders of the FightingIrish were unsure. After a short discussion, they sent him a message, and an invitation. They were expecting the small skirmish to end, but they were wrong.

Greetings,

Thank you for the invitation. I haven't had a chance to introduce myself in the forum yet, though I have read through it to see how the alliance works. It seems pretty well organized.

I wanted to let you know that I was attacked last night by Berto who is a relatively small Legions of Achilles West member on my island. It was a small attack (90 troops) and didn't hurt me too bad, but it seems that their intentions are clear. I was hoping that my joining your alliance would hold them off. I didn't intend to drag your alliance into a fight and I am offering to leave now with no hard feelings. You guys should not be wasting troops just to prop me up. If you are interested in actually going after them either now or in the future, I would be happy to fight by your side.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again,

musolffc
In a short while, the leaders were gearing up for war. By the hundreds, support poured into Musolffabad, and relentless attacks against the city by LoA came with no reward for them, and they lost hundreds of soldiers. The mighty Legions of Achilles West had been defeated, but the war was not over. Mad at them because they picked a fight, the FightingIrish and their allies became farmers, and LoA members were their fields. By the tens, LoA SimCities were cleared, and the pot was stirred more.

The war was not over even then. Leaders left LoA, leaving it vulnerable. Many left the game, while others joined smaller alliances allied with LoA. One of which was Myrmidons of Achilles. After hearing from an unnamed source, the leaders geared up for an attack on joy1947, dubbed by the FightingIrish as the Ocean 37 Support Conflict, as over 1,500 troops stationed fought off petty attacks that were really the full firepower of the new Myrmidons alliance. Not a single other player was in Ocean 37, yet the FightingIrish was the victor.

Finally, very recently, Legions of Achilles, due to a multitude of reasons, has made the decision to disband. Now the shattered remnants will be left, leaving many alliances to fight over the scraps. The FightingIrish and Its allies face new challenges against the smaller, Legions of Achilles Second Generation.

View the carnage:

attack1ol.jpg

attack2i.jpg

attack3u.jpg

attack4.jpg

attack5.jpg

Next Entry:
View more fights!

DeletedUser

An entertaining read, a few times during that I was tempted to send attacks all the way from O44 against the enemies mentioned, well done on your first PnP :)

DeletedUser

Thanks! Don't worry about attacking, we will attack them relentlessly for you. Our battle plans are being written as I type this response. More to come soon. I would say the date, but then that would give away our plan :Smirk:

DeletedUser

I wasn't actually planning to attack :p that was the effect it had on me though, the thought kept jumping into my head. Again, well done.

DeletedUser

I know, who would attack from 3 or so oceans away! I guess I could say I'm good at descriptive writing, but then I would be bragging, and I don't like braggers :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice PnP but I wouldn't think that it really a war in 37 more 36 and 26 you have 3 cities in 37 so not much of a foothold really. Plus you alliance seems to have a couple of hard hitters but alot of inactivity.

I dont know how you can really fight a war over 3 oceans, when super strong alliances share your ocean its already hit you once though with the loss of burnt orange to NaTaRaJa. it would appear that you have your hands full.

DeletedUser

Militis Templum: We do not have a lot of inactivity. We have a handful of inactives, but most of our players are active and willing to fight. The loss of burnt orange was unexpected and we were not warned until the owner of the city told us half way through the conquering. We do not see this as an intention of war by NaTaRaJa. We also are not fighting this war alone. We have other alliances fighting, such as Dark Red, our close ally, and they have other alliances fighting alongside them. We have many 1500-2000 point players attacking, and giving support. They may seem inactive as we are building our armies.

I hope I have cleared up that we are not simply 5 players masquerading as 55. We have fought wars before as I mentioned, and we were the main fighters in the O26 Phase. I cannot tell too much here, but we will not be doing most of the fighting in the battle of O37.

DeletedUser

Cant wait for the next installment peguin... entertaining read... gives me something to do whilst I baby sit my conquer attempt lol

DeletedUser

Behind my mighty gates, I was watching the slaughter of my enemies in the pit of death. I was pondering a question to myself. This ocean is a fertile place for me to send my legion of dark warriors, but who is worthy of fighting the mighty Myrmidons of Achilles? The Empire was growing strong but needed more bloodshed to calm the dark Gods that ruled the Void.

4681gatesofhelljpgw560h.jpg

When a commotion stirred me out of my deep reflection, one of my loyal scouts came fourth and told me news that I wanted to hear. Another empire by the name of The Fighting Irish had been growing in strength and there had been rumors of War in an ocean far away. Hearing this I laughed and went to have the scout executed for bringing me meaningless news, but before I issued the order he spurted out that they were planning an assault on our empire.

hoodedfigure.jpg

I pondered to myself, does this empire really wish to fight a war from an ocean away and with no provocation from us. It was decided that if they wish to send troops from afar lands and invade our lands, then we will be ready for them. These lands are ours and we will control them and defend them to the death.

army1d.jpg

I sent out spies to search our lands to see if they were corrupted by this taint and to search their alliance members out and report back to me. Weeks had past and at last I received the news I wanted. They had incurred into our lands and set up points of operation. On top of that, One of my spies infiltrated their kingdom and reported that they were strong, but divided between their lords. Some stayed quiet while some sought bloodshed.

list1h.jpg

What of this mysterious empire what evil do they plot in the shadows and how will we respond......

DeletedUser

Dyabolikal said:
I pondered to myself, does this empire really wish to fight a war from an ocean away and with no provocation from us.

Oh really, huh? No provocation? What do you call the attack on joy1947? Huh? Is a massive attack on us not "provocation"? What is? Plus, according to one of our spies, one of your former leaders was pushing very hard for troops production. Nobody did actually try and produce troops, they just complained. Lots of them are now with you guys, so before you decide to start acting like we are the weak ones, why don't you look closer. You guys got your hands full. We are just one of many that has made the impending war public. We have our allies in your ocean. We are getting our payback because of that attack. We don't get mad. We get even, and things are about to get really even.

Don't start pointing fingers saying we are "divided between our lords". Did your "spy" say that we are arguing against each other? Sure, maybe two leaders isn't that efficient, but we get along fine, and two heads are better than one. We have some turtles, but we aren't saying who, and it doesn't include half of our alliance. I guess you don't have much of a spy. Either that or "spying" means looking us up on Grepostats, and that just gives you 1/10 of the whole story.

DeletedUser

Oh really, huh? No provocation? What do you call the attack on joy1947? Huh? Is a massive attack on us not "provocation"? What is? Plus, according to one of our spies, one of your former leaders was pushing very hard for troops production. Nobody did actually try and produce troops, they just complained. Lots of them are now with you guys, so before you decide to start acting like we are the weak ones, why don't you look closer. You guys got your hands full. We are just one of many that has made the impending war public. We have our allies in your ocean. We are getting our payback because of that attack. We don't get mad. We get even, and things are about to get really even.

Don't start pointing fingers saying we are "divided between our lords". Did your "spy" say that we are arguing against each other? Sure, maybe two leaders isn't that efficient, but we get along fine, and two heads are better than one. We have some turtles, but we aren't saying who, and it doesn't include half of our alliance. I guess you don't have much of a spy. Either that or "spying" means looking us up on Grepostats, and that just gives you 1/10 of the whole story.

Defensive much Mr. Penguin1634 ? I was one of the leaders that took control of LoA when Greco1313 left. So I have a better idea about what happened within LoA then you. An Mra is not a good launch pad for strategy, but it does allow for younger players to learn the game properly.

The attacks were made when we were in a transitional period. That period has finished, and we are organized now and ready. Hahahaha, do you call what was sent a massive attack? I don’t feel what was sent was massive. It is a mosquito bite to what is in stored for you.

Pointing the fingers? It’s descriptive writing and I am pointing out that you have a lot of inactivity within your ranks. You don't need a spy for that, its public knowledge. When did I ever call you weak within my story? You are going into this War for the wrong reasons. You are protecting one of you members who started a battle with one of ours, before he was in the FightingIrish. Is protecting 1 member who does not offer anything for the FightingIrish, worth going to War? Do not make the mistake that Paris made when he took the beloved Hellen. Just like Troy, you will be crushed by the Myrmidons of Achilles.

DeletedUser

Your spy is not very good he is giving you info that is outdated. LoA is not my alliance alot can happen in a week when you are a very active alliance.

I'm sure you are active, as are we except for the lower players for our alliance. As many alliances have at this stage of the game we have slight troubles getting our players active, and some of our players give us trouble who log in twice a week.

Your reference to the NaTaRaJa conquer was interesting. As it may appear as it was an act of war, after one of their players messaged me later they said that it was not an act of war, but an individual attack and was not intended to be an act of war. Another interesting thing is your reference to Joy1947 not being worth much. Actually, you made me think on that one :Huh:.

DeletedUser

A Ceasefire, and a new threat!?!

Entry 2: The Ceasefire

In the great oceans of the Southwest, the mighty FightingIrish and Myrmidons of Achilles prepare for war! Their troop counts grow, and their alliance forums are abuzz with news of attacks and coordination.

screenie1w.jpg

Soon attacks start to hit the great cities of the Myrmidons. However, news leaks from Dark Red of peace talks!

Anonymous said:
...I have sent a letter of diplomacy with these troops...I told him that all we want is a indefinate cease fire between you two and us also...If he agrees to this diplomacy would you agree to it as well?

Within hours, a ceasefire emerges, and peace is secured.

screenie2e.jpg

After the ceasefire, the leaders of the FightingIrish/War Path/Dark Red military force start to realize the truth behind the attacks on Joy1947, and how it was really not a coldblooded attack on the very fabric of the FightingIrish strength.

In the meantime, the great alliances of the Southwest have guaranteed new peace for all their members... for now?

DeletedUser

Ahh and it was just starting to get warmed up :p

Oh well, still an entertaining read... Good luck with the peace guys.

DeletedUser

Sorry guys... I hope you all realize that I am more worried about keeping my members safe than keeping you guys entertained! :p

DeletedUser

Hahaha naturally... Just going to have to trawl through the worlds and find another pnp to read :p