Theme Suggestions - Co Author Event

DeletedUser8396

Please, only applicants can suggest themes. They are writing it, so should be allowed to choose what they write.

Each applicant gets one suggestion of a theme. You do not necessarily have to give a theme. You may agree with another suggestion rather than giving your own if you wish.

When all themes are submitted (or the time period comes to a close (3 days)), I will put three themes up for a forum wide poll. The method in which I will choose these three is to be determined, but more than likely won't be solely by me.

Please only post the theme itself and explanation of the theme. Anything other than that will be deleted as spam, and I mean anything. Any posts made by someone not an applicant will be deleted as spam. I want this thread to be kept tidy.

So, without further adieu, please submit your theme!

P.S. - The original thread may be found here: http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?50797-Grepolis-Co-Author-Event

DeletedUser44426

I suggest we do a fighting, revenge theme. Im not sure how to fully explain it, but if you have seen my series Evolution and Crossover, then I hink you would know what I mean. Something with fighting, revenge, and so forth. I feel I could bring much to the table in this theme.

DeletedUser

I think a historical theme would be quite easy for us all to do, the events have already happened, so it's harder to get discombobulated (I should get a medal for using that in a sentence :p) about what's meant to be next.

DeletedUser5819

I agree with Lrtnl.
It should be placed in a period of time.

Historical with a further theme of a journey. Imo this would not preclude themes within the theme, and leaves it open for each chapter to tackle a different stage or challenge within the journey.

DeletedUser8396

Going off of what LRtnl suggested, I suggest a similar theme:

I suggest a story with a historical fiction theme. Something that MAY have happened, but didn't necessarily happen. Like, the greeks did have a battle at Marathon, but the story may be of a group of lost soldiers that happen to secretly save the day. Dunno, just suggesting it.

DeletedUser44426

I agree with pebs, but if we do that, then I think there should be alternate side to tthat story. Basically you would have to create a entire new world for the past just to input that secret group. You cant just put them in. Maybe we can have the normal event play out first, then a time swap happens that brings this secret group of warriors to the main reality, in which they help win the war for us.

Do you guys get what I'm trying to say?

DeletedUser

A mystery could be good as well, pebs could tell us a murder happened somewhere and each of the chapters could explore a different theory.

DeletedUser8396

Mass mail sent. It is required for each participant to suggest or agree with a theme. I have deleted the spam, and please do not discuss theme suggestions in any depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33530

I think a historical theme would be quite easy for us all to do, the events have already happened, so it's harder to get discombobulated (I should get a medal for using that in a sentence :p) about what's meant to be next.
We are gonna get discombobulated (didn't know that was a real word) any but I word prefer to do this topic.

DeletedUser

A mystery could be good as well, pebs could tell us a murder happened somewhere and each of the chapters could explore a different theory.
I like both this theme and the historical theme.

Varun

Strategos
I would suggest a thriller theme that relates with reality like war, crime, politics and such.

P.S. I did suggest for a theme yesterday but as I was posting it we had a power cut. So sorry :(

DeletedUser8396

What has happened to this event?

I have not heard from everyone. Once I do, it will proceed. If substantial time goes by with no other new posts, I will either discount their activity in the event, or will proceed with those that posted.

I am thinking on the deadline of February 1st.

DeletedUser5819

Sorry if you are waiting for me, I thought since I had already posted....
I like the historical/battle/mystery (possible murder) themes.
Not keen on thriller war/politics, though thriller crime would be ok.
I don't like the revenge theme, and not too sure about Killing Joke's other suggestion.

DeletedUser8396

Sorry if you are waiting for me, I thought since I had already posted....
I like the historical/battle/mystery (possible murder) themes.
Not keen on thriller war/politics, though thriller crime would be ok.
I don't like the revenge theme, and not too sure about Killing Joke's other suggestion.

Not waiting on you mate. You took care of this very promptly.

DeletedUser8396

After the extreme lack of effort put in for the theme suggestions, it kinda did. I'll start it back up in a bit with a few tweaks