Theta on its last days/weeks/months

DeletedUser19042

As you all know, theta now has an age of 2 years and 6 days. This makes it so special. Now Theta has run on its last days. Therefor I want to write this, before everyone is gone.

I know many of you never liked my posts on the externals, I mostly just write some , where no-one replies on. But I hope, that this time, you’ll all take just a litte bit of time to read this one. I’ve put a lot of effort in writing this down. (you’ll probably miss a 5 min click farm, but who cares on a dead world?)

Theta was created the 16th of June 2010. I was here since the beginning. Meaning 2 years and 6 days.
We have all seen how Theta went stronger and better all the time. But now, Theta is dead, so it’s time to say goodbye to our lovely world.

Some of you, may already have seen. I edited my ingame profile, thanking the players I love most in this game. And here again, I want to thank ALL of you, but mostly those I noted in my profile, they are special to me. I might have forgotten some of you, but you’ll know if I liked you or not.

The hardest thing is to say goodbye. New worlds bring new challenges and old and new friendships will carry there, but you get your comfort zone, your feeling of "home" within a game and for alot of us Theta was it.
It lives on inside everyone who put in the effort and time to this world, to those who spent countless hours on skype talking attacks, defense, co-ordination and ofcourse normal daily life spam, and by gawd could all of us spam lol

Ppl looking in from the outside may not understand the effect Theta has had on the many that once played this great world, and ofcourse may think it highly silly we all get attached to it. Grepolis becomes part of life. We all go to work or school and do our other normal things but there is always that time for grepo, and be it with our phones and tablets launching attacks on our lunch hours or building before bedtime we're all there doing it.

Anyways, alot of us wont leave this world till the very last day, but that day is fast approaching, so it's time to start bidding farewell to the world we all knew and loved for so long. Remembering the good and bad times as we depart, the friendships made, the respect gained and having a good old chuckle at some of the things we used to get up to.

The ppl make grepolis special, the players still here and those already departed. Without you all grepolis and especially Theta wouldn't be what it is, so I thankyou all for making this world as special as it has been.

Theta, it has a great history, with many great players and alliances. For many of us, theta was the first grepoworld we ever played. We have grown with it.
We have seen great players evolving and leaving, none of them are forgotten.

Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I'll miss you
Until we meet again!
Thank you ALL for our wonderful time we had together!

One last thing I wish to say is that, we had a great time together. We had our good and bad moments. But we had it TOGETHER. So before more players leave the game, thank them all, for what they did for you, even the slightest attack they launched upon you, might have changed the Theta future.

Sincerely,
RTSgamer2010
a.ka. jorisva1
a.k.a. raulm

Thanks to Nicole (carnage79) for helping me with finding the words I needed for writing this text (those who know, my English is bad :p)

PS: you won’t believe, but I’m almost crying while writing this.
PS²: I hope whole theta will follow and join AN/JW/AX and partial TP in the quonquest of KNOSSOS. It will be our new Theta, but not fighting each other anymore, but fighting WITH each other. Theta has the best fighters I’ve ever know, together we’ll RULE Knossos.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is a great post i agree, theta i did get attached to although i was only there for 6 months for some reason i don't have the same motivation or determination in other worlds. but i am working on it in knossos.... they wont let me join that combo alliance because TC doesn't want me in which i can understand. But I do feel as Theta is my grepo home and it will be hard when it closes and some great friends i made there dont continue on with me in other worlds.

I took the time to read your post and im glad i did.

DeletedUser

Thinking back to the great days I had in theta...

Most of you if you have played for a while will hopefully remember me. I was the 11th person in the world and founded the first alliance in the world (The Republic) which lasted for quite a while.

Throughout my time in Theta i went from The Republic, to Owners of the Oceans, to New World Order until i eventually was forced to leave the game towards the beginning of my junior year in high school when I had more important things to worry about (grades, SAT's, ACT's, college).

This makes me very upset to read this and think that the great world where I had so many great times will be ending for good. I remember the very beginning of the game, when I started in O45 to have my city conquered by Llettek of Just For Laughs (he named the city Llettek's Harbor, not sure if it is even around anymore). I then restarted in O42, where i eventually met Uber Lord and then Raulm (the original), who eventually became my closest friends in this game and one of the reasons that I loved it so much and kept playing. I'll keep my personal story short, but I eventually spread throughout O32-O33-O42-O43 (and a little O34-O44), with 1.15mil points (90+ cities) and 1.5mil+ bp (900,000+ dbp, 600,000+obp).

My main regret from the world, was betraying Aristaeus Re. He was a great friend of mine when he was my general in my alliance and afterwards, until my alliance declared war on his (NWO declaring on TL). I do not regret the war, I regret that it ruined the great friendship and relationship we had developed.

My happiest moment was when my alliance #7 (TR) along with our allies Hornets Nest and Warriors of 1000 Suns defeated the #1 alliance The War Academy (headed by LoWKeY). This was when Aristaeus really came through for me. We were much smaller, but we were not willing to be pushed around because of our side and took the lead in the war and showed that talent really is much more important then points.

And as you all know, I LOVED 1.26, one of the things that made this world so great.

Anyways to quickly summarize, thank you all for the great times in theta. Friends or Enemies in game, you all had a very positive affect on my life and I was able to take many of the skills I learned as a Founder/Leader/Fighter/Teammate/Coordinator/Subordinate in Theta and apply them to my real life (such as Organization, Punctuality, Team Work, Respect, etc).

Also, the lure of this game was too great that I did come back and start in a new world, but under a different name. The world is Pella, if any of you play in that world, send me a message in these forums and i'll see if we are anywhere near each other.

Sincerely,
Strico10

DeletedUser

I truthfully regret leaving Theta when I did, but it was the right choice as the three players that kept me around left. I would like to make a shout out to Ozzy if he ever comes around here anymore and tell him good luck and that I would like to play along side him if he ever cam back. Also I would like to say bye to the world that showed me how to play (correctly) and thank it for all of the experiences I had while Under the AX flag and while leading AcX.

Thanks Rob for letting me hold on to the academy for as long and letting me learn how to lead.

For all of the original AX players left look who I found today:
http://www.grepostats.com/world/en44/player/751453
Nice to see the big boy back in the game.

DeletedUser5554

I still remember the early days of theta when The Black Death and Empire of Kings were the alliances to be feared and the rise of Alpha and As Athens Burn who quickly took their places together. Theta was the first time i got to the top 12 leading an alliance by myself and without help (leadership advice) i obviously had A LOT of player help. my story in theta was short lived and ended in 3 months i remember it came out the very first day my sophomore year in high school ended. I missed a the world we knew concert due to a druggy friend messing it up for us and coming home to find this band new type of world...THREE SPEED! given my life conditions at the time i thought perfect i can do more with less...but i quickly found out it was the same luckily i had good relations with people and a good alliance.

I remember when TBD made the big mistake of trying to turn on FOUR alliances at once and it leaked. i had to do something i don't like doing...stay quiet and not confront them right away...infact i played on them and made them think we were clueless... 2 days passed and Alpha and AAB prepared. Alpha merging with one of the alliances to break top 12 and create a super alliance and AAB's 55 team playing more clearing and defensive rolls and i stressed troops before conquest at that time. together TBD was CRUSHED in 3 days.

Alpha went on to dominate 55 and the world for a time AAB went on to be 2nd in 55, 2nd in 56 (behind the spartan elite MRA) and 1st in 65 which we totally controlled after destroying many MRA's. We then had a fight with EoK it was the first time i really gave out military target requests and it worked effectively as we quickly drove EoK from 55 and began to hit 45.

Sadly i didn't mix well with my leaders (partially because i was a 16 year old at the time and had a lot of maturing to do) the other part was because i was too aggressive for them and wanted to 2 front it. let me explain that a bit i had been wanting to be first in ocean 56 but Spartan elite wanted to be peaceful at first they threated to use their main alliance spartan elite phalanx i think it was? i used my basic logic pointing out they were several oceans away from even our closest members and would be of no help i even got so bold as to point that out to the phalanx leader when confronted by him though i don't know his response to that anymore i do know SE's response along with their sub alliances in the area (there were litterally like 3). 2 of them opted to merge including the main one...still having yet to learn my lesson about size i thought "perfect!" the smaller one was hanging onto the deal. the larger one decided they would rather trade cities which sparked a lot of tension and brought me to sound the alarm and call it off several times (ill get to why later) anyways this was one of the main things that off my senate.

The next thing that happened was order of saint micheal (or something like that) starting a fight with Alpha and begging us for our help saying we could be the deciding factor based off what side we took. their leader called me to a sky chat with my diplomat and his general and tempted me with all kinds of promises of power. on the table was a merger to end all merges and bring us above Alpha in points...i quickly declined that as i didn't like sharing founder rights due to a bad merger experience in epsilon. next on the table was joining a coalition with them and others against Alpha...this i was open for (i'm getting to why) but i negotiations turned sour and threatening towards us really quick...when their general started demanding my imediate support....i was open but i wasn't stupid they were claiming all these victories against alpha already and i saw on grepostats an inactive city in 55 was taken. so i asked for proof and overall strategy...this annoyed them because they didn't have either and pretty soon i had threats flying my way...this annoyed me and i called for war on them and Alpha at the same time...my council denied both...the funny thing is the OoSM general tried to play diplomat saying "we can still salvage this we'd just rather not deal with you personally" i wanted to tear him a new one...but it could of been useful so i did agree for the moment...and my senate did decide it was a good idea to take one front.

Now for Alpha and the thing that sealed my fall...one day i get a message from an alpha member in it was a copied forum post they wanted to turn on us in the middle of a war...we were pissing eachother off royally by then. and finally i posted it in my forum and asked to launch a suprise attack...my council by then had been pretty much taken over by my diplomat whoever drove our general out who didn't see "eye to eye" our general left for Alpha...i still regret taking my diplomat over him when i think about it. anyways we had gained a lot of power in 45 and 55 and i decided if they were gonna strike we were gonna strike first sadly my council didn't think so and it didn't help i was having lots of RL problems i even had a trust worthy friend with a founder right by now which off my diploamt well one day my diplomat confronts me saying hes out for Alpha if he doesn't get founder rights so i gave up. next i knew i was removed and so was the other guy. i had attacks from all over from Alpha and my ally was merging into AAB leaving no where to go. i got eaten alive didn't even bother trying to fight i just let it go and went and played football that day and texted my girlfriend at the time ^.^

this of course several people off from what i heard one of my merged sqauds broke off imediately and attacked my diplomat rimming him...not like he had a chance anyways a little known fact to you theta players anyone who remembers liquidators probably remembers someone named "aristeus re" that was my dad and it didn't sit to well with him. despite him saying i could have a spot in liquidators and offering to help me rebuild i still quit theta and grepolis for a time. from what i hear ellee took over lost turned AAB defensive started losing members in favor of AX and then tried to turn on AX....getting destroyed atleast that was rob's explination of it when he was with me in ithica for a time.

anyways thats my story though my technical goodbye was about 1 year and 7 months ago as i never played theta seriously again. i guess its time for a formal goodbye though im already playing with amir and jor in pella :) goodbye everyone i never knew...except you rob i knew you haha <3

DeletedUser

I used to be part of Theta. I joined when this world first came out but about a year ago I gave my account away. I regret that descion. I'm still Gekido in these external forms, but I had to make a new account in the game: Lyzerg. Apparently someone still has my Gekido account and is currently in world Knossos.
I was not a power giant in Theta nor in the other 5 worlds that I was in (Alpha, Gamma, Delta, Eta, and Kappa) but Theta was my best world my best ranking being at 222 with 652, 507 points. It grieves me to see this great world dying. I don't even know if anyone is still reading these forms, but I wanted to post one last post as Gekido here before I start my new life in Grepolis as Lyzerg in worlds Pella, Troy, and Hyperborea. Maybe, just maybe I will come to love this new Grepolis, maybe not. Time will tell.
Good bye to my old Alliances: Knights of Alleble, Flamming Dragons, The Spartan elite, The Alpha Company, The Phalanx. (I hear it's still there), The Liquidators, and Vanillia.