Too Young For Showbiz?

• Thread starter Thomas The Magnificent
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I really don't think that having the life of a child celebrity affects a child that much. Some examples - Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Thompson, and Rupert Grint all grew up with the Harry Potter films. They were essentially children when they began filming for those films. Drew Barrymore started off in ET (for those of you young enough to know that film I still cry at the end :( ) and in fact her family is entrenched in Hollywood.

Now as I am sure the younger generations on here will all be familiar with Cribs and My Super Sweet 16 shows on MTV. The children in those shows (yes, there is a Cribs about the kids who have everything because mom and dad cannot say no) have every opportunity to benefit from what they have, but they will most likely find themselves in the same situation that the child celebrities end up in. Why? It has nothing to do with being introduced to fame at a young age. It is entirely up to the parents and the values that they instill in their children.

I agree with your post, insofar as it being the parents who are responsible for the upbringing of the child. I think, though, that you mean Emma Watson, in your second sentence. Emma Thompson played (I think) Professor Trelawney, not a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.