Inactive Topic Trading With Your Merchants

DeletedUser31385

Proposal:
Being able to trade with your merchants. You pay .75 of what you are receiving in another resource + 10 gold. This would help some people and it is what they have in TW. No travel times.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes

Reason:
I think this will help

Details:
Already stated

Visual Aids:
X

Balance:

Abuse Prevention:
You can only perform this action 10 times per day.

Summary:
Buy resources from your merchants without travel time.

I would like inputs on what to add.
~Off To Bed~

Last edited:

DeletedUser5819

I don't think you will get much player support for more pay-to-win ideas.
No from me.

DeletedUser31385

You dont really win as you lose resources and pay a tax.

DeletedUser31385

In TW you can also trade with other people using premium.

DeletedUser5819

You can sell resources to others for premium.
Yes I see it now :s
Strangely in direct opposition to Rule 5.2, but since it is officially embedded I guess there is no confusion.
That it exists does not necessarily equate to it being held in high regard by players, and indeed the better players are likely to use it to gain premium rather than resources.
It is only a setting on some worlds also.

I still don't support it on principle, though I imagine it would benefit me by making administrator and captain effectively free.
Interesting though.

DeletedUser36085

I don't see a point in those merchants. We have farming villages and Velerios, plus you can trade with others via market and non-market transfers, in addition to juggling resources between your own cities.

As for the gold bonus, it will make the game less challenging, in my opinion. And there are other ways to lure people into paying.

DeletedUser27700

Sounds like another way to pay for resources, just a cheaper way than the other merchant trick.
I am personally against anything that allows you to literally pay for resources, as it removes the requirement of activity from the game. Resources are the only thing you can not currently buy with gold, and this is keeping the balance between gold users and freemium players in check, as the gold users still need to actively farm to have the resources.