Tripact vs OWS

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

OWS, I appreciate your history lesson but my question was who was relevant that you beat? I mean you can try to talk about us being a coalition. But the only top 5 group I see standing without one in the land of relevant fights currently is Killer Bunnies. Its not really as impressive to me personally when a rim alliance beats some baddies and is spread across 3 oceans. You can call it biased all you want, but its simply a fact. People are going to get the impression that you merged to the top and sim when you beat up on rim noobs, merge with alliances across multiple oceans, and wall and stack front line cities forcing them to found deeper in your core to come to you.

Btw the score is +38 in favor of Tripact.

@.G0B0

DeletedUser54865

I didn't need this thread, but thanks I guess ^^

You're not presenting anything new.
I never said we had an impressive record of alliances we've beaten. I even said we had an easier job due to being on the rim.
I'm not here to get a golden reputation, another thing I explicitly said. I'm not trying to impress you.
Relevance is relative, I've definitely never heard of any of the alliances you beat either.

All I did was point out that we were on the side with far smaller numbers because the other side turned 200+ people into their allies. Yet the only thing being talked about is that we hugged everyone around us to get to #1. I assume you can see the paradox here? A point you keep talking past...
I don't know enough about your history but you don't exactly look as golden as you're making out to be, that's all.

And since when has stacking frontline cities become a crime? When you have isolated cities, that's what you do to defend them. You either put DLU there or birs. The exact same thing OV and Winners have also been doing with cities in our territory.

My point regarding bias was that you accepted posts with zero actual historical information in them when they were talking bad about us. But the first post with a different perspective that also included actual reasoning and facts and stats was misplaced? I've looked back again and the only post with more content on that page of the thread is my next post...

Enlighten me what Tripartite actually means these days. It used to be Rejects, TT and OV. But now you have so many allies I don't know who counts anymore.

Finally, that number is new to me. I don't claim that we've been winning but I read different numbers off maxtrix. Obviously this could once again be because I'm confused as to how many alliances you are now counting as your allies. But please direct me to your stats page :)

DeletedUser41523

Trust me I've seen and been in enough debates here to know when the train might go off the rails. half your details were protests to a merge comment rather than a hard line fact against those merge comments.

You're being told you hugged everyone because you merged with rim alliances to get to #1. This is just my opinion here but everyone else in the top 5 can claim a win or that they're currently beating on some major alliance. I'm not sure if OWS has beaten a top 12 opponent, not being condescending with that statement either, I was seriously in VM for two months and here ya'll are when I get back. Here's what the other top 5 groups have done.

KB- Project Snuggle, Stay Cool.
Tripact (TT/OV/Winners)- Stay Cool, Zero Tolerance, S.T.O.R.M.
OSG- Currently beating KB.
OWS/OWS Vendetta- Legio maybe was top 12? Vendetta was 15th at one point I think.

I never denied having a large group. Hell I just simply believe you got to #1 more by merging than beating credible alliances. I also don't think that matters much if you were to come out and lay us out. Which fortunately for us, you're not doing at this time. You seem to be mistaking my wanting you off the thread for bias. So let me make this clear.

I'm perfectly happy to hear the OWS perspective and record it. But I don't want a massive debate on the history thread and I saw the potential for that to take a turn that way. Which is why I made this thread. I don't see that as very biased and i'm sorry if you do.

Btw I'd respect the stack more if the players were using them as a jump pad to attack back, instead of just pure protection to avoid the inconvenience of being attacked. Plenty of red cities around them yet only one front seems to be pushing. I don't really see OWS trying to get much deeper into our turf either.

DeletedUser54792

... I use the stacks to attack back. I have taken multiple cities from Winners and one from OV using those stacks. And I have assisted in the taking of several other Winner cities and another OV city from those stacks. So, what else am I supposed to do to make those stacks acceptable? Juggle for your entertainment? lol And I still get attacked, a lot, OV is not an idle alliance, they take the fight to you. Stacked or not, they are always sniffing around looking for an opening or just smashing things with hammers.

Meanwhile the OV cities originally stacked in our territory have never been used for anything. They just sit there, I occasionally send junk units at them to dispose of them. Now the new feisty guys founding their way into our hearts (and we do <3 you) use the stacks a little better. Even then though, those cities are mainly stacked just to avoid the inconvenience of being attacked, at least for a couple of those involved.

As for hugging... that is a term misplaced here, and is purely used to try to illegitimatize or degrade OWS. As you are well aware there were active players looking for a decent team scattered around (you decided you didn't want some of them). They went where they would be appreciated and could find active communication and decent organization. When such a place was found, they joined. That is not "hugging". Having 200+ members in your group, that is hugging. It also makes no sense as only 50 are getting a crown. Have you guys told the other 150 guys that they aren't getting anything for their hard work yet? Or is that an end-of-the-world surprise? It is pretty easy to grow big and do good in a fight when half the world is your ally. :rolleyes:

And as for bringing the fight to OV... have you looked at the map? OV is densely packed together. We have been working on solidifying and consolidating our territory. OV started the fight when they did because they didn't want a tough fight. They intentionally started a conflict before any such consolidation could happen, and chose the least active and isolated cities they could find. Sure, the blitzkrieg worked, congratulations first blood was theirs. And when we started taking some cities in response, somebody over there decided to fib a little to Winners. OWS never had any intention of attacking Winners or spreading into their territory, but somebody in OV told them that we were. Tsk, tsk, tsk... lying is a poor way to get someone to help you.

DeletedUser41523

I like the whole "I am the OWS" attitude and you are a good player. But I don't think you're purely representative of OWS. I'm confused, OV does the same and attacks also and is constantly looking for openings...but also doesn't? Seems similar to the Lochai thing.

Yet we fought relevant people for our position. That's what I think the argument here is when people say hugging. OWS doesn't have that resume. Hell I don't think us or OV have had a major fight yet where statistically we look better on paper. Most the teams we've taken down or are fighting started with more local cities, a significantly higher average, and significantly higher ABP. A lot of the people who made us the top teams of Olous came from top alliances we defeated along the way. You guys merged across three oceans for yours. You do know crown sharing is still a thing right? Only 50 can win, but everyone else can still be rewarded for their effort and i'll do my best to see to it that they are. Hell you guys are screwing your players more than we'd be screwing ours. Have you told them how difficult shipping to wonders is going to be across 3 oceans with an enemy in your core?

You were the top alliance in OV's area (and Winners) and you get mad that they attacked you and say they don't want to fight top teams? Also if Winners are allied to OV and have finished off STORM then it only makes sense that they'd attack you next?

DeletedUser54192

I don't know much about the war here, but just a couple of comments on points that have been brought up:

But the only top 5 group I see standing without one in the land of relevant fights currently is Killer Bunnies.
Not for want of trying. They've tried to do diplomacy with most of the northern alliances at one point or another, and I heard that they are hugging Euphoria quite tightly. Not a criticism of pacts or coalitions, as that would be silly coming from an OSG player, but merely pointing out that KB isn't standing on it's own (sort of) out of choice.

OSG- Currently beating KB.
I'm pretty sure that Thracians was Top 12 near the start of the server, plus they had a sister alliance in the form of Phoenix Rising. So KB aren't the only Top 12 alliance that OSG have had the upper hand against on this server.

DeletedUser41523

Ah I stand corrected then.

Thracians more imploded due to Shebe though than outright lost to OSG based on what I heard.

DeletedUser54192

Thracians more imploded due to Shebe though than outright lost to OSG based on what I heard.
True, there were some other factors, but didn't the same thing happen to Project Snuggle? I thought part of their sudden downfall involved Khepri Sun disappearing unexpectedly due to illness.

Most of the time when an alliance collapses in this game, it can be said to be at least in part due to internal issues. It's just a matter of how big a role was played by those internal issues.

DeletedUser41523

I think KB started gaining some traction before that happened. That roster was pretty stacked early on and large the only thing holding it back was wheredevil. But even then all it would have taken was one or two mess ups by PS to go off the rails. And the leader of PS was good but did have a history of getting a little over confident.

DeletedUser54997

Apparently when you post on this forum you are accused of dick measuring and trying to impress so let me make it clear that I am far from the best player, I do very stupid things and this world is no exception, from zeus raging a sea attack to sending a CS when I don't even have a slot, I'm surprised I haven't found out a way to conquer myself yet.

Anyway, I've always read and kept up on here frequently and was bored tonight as I don't have access to the app so have hit VM before all my cities get eaten alive (nice try Lambo & Co.), so I decided to chip in seeing as some "mis-conceptions" are being thrown about.

So let me start by showing the numbers. I manually counted up the losses/gains per alliance between the OV/Winners vs OWS using grepointel (yes i was very bored). I did not count Chacka1's cities as I've been told they were, for the majority, uncontested. I also did not count nickskinn's cities as he was in your ranks but you decided to kick him ("ditch him", in his own words) and eat an active player (I tried my best to save a couple myself). Earliest conquer being 26/03/17 and latest conquer being 08/07/17. Feel free to check if I got everything accurately myself but it took me a while, some things may be off.

OV (vs OWS) - 40 (hippo - 8;faulder - 1;meta - 6;prand - 2;phantom - 2;tandat - 1;cox - 2;missus - 1;hremfdhuu - 1;sweetyes - 1;gig32 - 3;skizz - 3;robbers - 3;dirtydeeds - 1;broe - 1;cmonster - 2;come2papa - 1;rutherfords - 1)

OWS (vs OV) - 6 (raym11 - 1;typho - 1;bajs - 1;lambo - 1;susser - 1;sirius - 1)

That's a lot more than a '3:1 ratio' lol. You could argue a lot of ours were inactives (even Chacka excluding) but it's still a huge majority.

Again this is taken from grepointel, checking everyone's colonisation history. May not be 100% accurate but I don't know a better working source.

Winners (vs OWS) - grepointel wont let me look at winners spirit members list so can't fill this one in yet.

OWS (vs Winners/Winners II/Winners' Spirit) - 23
(veghan - 2;polar bear - 2 (sort of, wasn't officially OWS at the time);gobo - 1;broos - 1;typho - 2;geezer - 3;lambo - 4;iamrafiki - 1;dinosaur - 1;susser - 1;sirius - 1;pump - 2;nelgl - 2)

A bit more of a game here.

This whole debate seems to circulate around OWS "hugging" themselves to #1. It's been said better than me above, and this is the general consensus of most people outside of OWS, you are really the only major alliance that has not 'fought' their way to the top or had any meaningful action to deserve a #1 spot. 3 oceans just suddenly magically turned the same colour. Now there's barely even a brown city floating about. And this comment right here sums it all up -
.G0B0: "This is a war game, but the WW era isn't always about fighting so we have put efforts into different areas"

Box_turtle

And forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Winners were fighting the original OWS before OWS merged with everyone (when Polar Bear etc were still in the Winners ranks) so unless additional diplomacy conversations happened behind the scenes after that, I don't see a reason for Winners to suddenly stop attacking them so it's got nothing to do with someone telling a porkie.

Grepo has always been a game of dirty tactics and although I hate it when used against me, most would be lying if they said they wouldn't do the same in these positions and I'm sure many can agree - Attack spams, Withdraw spams, the situation with nickskinn, turtling your frontline cities to oblivion (yes we kinda do the same but we have an intention of doing something with those cities rather than just 'Donald Trump'ing them), .... I still have a soft spot for the Myrmidons/Hetairoi guys and girls (you know who you are) but if you wanna play dirty then we can damn well play dirty.

Look forward to WW against you! (not really, WW sucks but I need that crown
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif
)

P.S. Can I borrow IbexAvA's timer? Seems to be stupidly accurate.
P.P.S I'm still waiting for these 5k LS to land Megapolis
smiley_emoticons_blush-pfeif.gif

DeletedUser54792

Most of the "stacked" cities in OWS these days, are mine. As far as I know anyways. TSF, you seem to enjoy twisting people's words around. There is a solid core of OV players that are never idle, they take the fight to you and are good at what they do. Some aren't as experienced but make up for it with eagerness to throw attacks at you repeatedly, and get better as they go. Then there are those that just sit there with every front line city stacked. They only attack inactives, and rarely do you see them doing much of anything. The only thing that saves them is LTS and lots of trips, as they do little to anything. And some of the guys founding deeper and deeper in to "take the fight" to us, stack their cities and then sit there doing nothing. So the issue of "hiding behind stacks" is a moot one, as people on both sides are guilty of it, and people from both sides use the tactic correctly.

nickskinn was not in our ranks. He was in Legio when it fell apart. He then joined Alliance went AWOL, and was there for about 2 weeks before he lost multiple cities. He was active, he tried to snipe but failed, and OV tried to break all sieges on his cities, but were usually very late doing so for whatever reason (I assume learning of the siege late). There seems to be at least a couple cities besides his taken from Alliance went AWOL missing from your stats Grepo, RobbersHorror lost several early on before moving over to OV. Not that it really matters, no city lost by either side has been particularly vital.

A good number of cities we lost were lost by people that had lost access to the the app for a period, generally unexpectedly. So, like yourself, had a rough patch. Is that an excuse? No, it is what it is. They should have gone into VM, but instead lost about 11 cities between the two of them.

I just don't like the term "hugging" as I personally have been fighting since the beginning. First it was Order 66, then SC, then OV, then for a short bit SC and OV at the same time, then OV and OWS, and now OV and Winners. I spent most the world just looking for a decent team of more than 5 or 6 people to be part of. Am I typical of OWS? For some, yes. OWS is the best team I've found in this world. You may see "hugging", but their core has fought it's way through the rim. Whether that is "distinguished" enough for you is irrelevant. They were a small group that fought the small groups around them and won. They picked up the best of the groups they beat and moved on to the next challenge. Just like you. As other alliances failed and fell apart, they recruited the best from them and started working on consolidating.

The Tripartite did not defeat SC by themselves, the whole world was at war with SC pretty much. Winners and OSG did a lot of damage to SC while the Tripartite was fighting as well. Winners had not beaten S.T.O.R.M. when they turned us red, when asked why they had we were told that OV informed them that we were trying to work out a deal with OV to team up and attack them. That never happened, Winners was not on the menu as many OWS members had friends in Winners. So there is certainly something fishy there.

DeletedUser41523

I'm not twisting your words at all. You said two contradictory things and I asked about it.

Have them turn their app notifications on and off in game to fix the app problem. Its happened to me countless times.

OSG did very little to SC I counted about 10 cities 11 including nutters. The main contributors were KB, Tri, and Winners. And if you really think about it most the world is at war with Tri now. OSG is fighting TT in a pretty competitive war at the moment I think we've had 2 or 3 lead changes just in the past couple of days. And to the south OWS is fighting the rest of Tri. The only team not fighting us is KB who is fighting OSG instead.

DeletedUser54865

I'm confused, OV does the same and attacks also and is constantly looking for openings...but also doesn't?
... I use the stacks to attack back. I have taken multiple cities from Winners and one from OV using those stacks. And I have assisted in the taking of several other Winner cities and another OV city from those stacks. So, what else am I supposed to do to make those stacks acceptable? Juggle for your entertainment? lol And I still get attacked, a lot, OV is not an idle alliance, they take the fight to you. Stacked or not, they are always sniffing around looking for an opening or just smashing things with hammers.
Here he's talking about his own cities in OV territory that have defensive troops in them. He clearly says the defensive troops are necessary because safely in their own territory, OV is very prepared to attack him. He also clearly says he's been putting the cities he has that are defended to use.
Meanwhile the OV cities originally stacked in our territory have never been used for anything. They just sit there, I occasionally send junk units at them to dispose of them. Now the new feisty guys founding their way into our hearts (and we do <3 you) use the stacks a little better. Even then though, those cities are mainly stacked just to avoid the inconvenience of being attacked, at least for a couple of those involved.
Here he's talking about OV's cities in our territory that have defensive troops in them. He clearly says OV's players aren't doing anything with those stacked cities (with 2-3 players being exceptions to this).

I really don't see a contradiction.

DeletedUser41523

Meanwhile the OV cities originally stacked in our territory have never been used for anything. They just sit there, I occasionally send junk units at them to dispose of them.

Right around there buddy. That's my question, are they fighting you or not? My guess is they're coming full tilt given the score.

So either Typhonus is the front line now, in which case I'll give credit and say that we might have made a mistake not inviting him if he can pull that off. Or you're just referencing one guy who does fight back as a cop out for others on the front who don't. Just my thoughts here.

MissusR

Phrourach
So either Typhonus is the front line now, in which case I'll give credit and say that we might have made a mistake not inviting him if he can pull that off. Or you're just referencing one guy who does fight back as a cop out for others on the front who don't. Just my thoughts here.

Well you can correct that mistake if you want. In the last batch of useless mails I sent you for your litter box was the latest application to join OV. Thats if you have not peed all over it yet.

DeletedUser54792

Well you can correct that mistake if you want. In the last batch of useless mails I sent you for your litter box was the latest application to join OV. Thats if you have not peed all over it yet.
I have no idea what that means.

I am certainly a large part of the front lines, not really by choice, but it is what it is. And honestly I have met pleasant people such as cmonster and Phantom Lord, both of which keep me on my toes, so it is not necessarily a bad thing. I like finding players with a good sense of humor that enjoy playing the game, even if they are repeatedly trying to kill me. lol

I believe I was quite clear, and others seem to have had no trouble understanding me. OV actively fights, in general. Meaning the majority of their members are active fighters. BUT the first cities that they stacked in our territory are still stacked, and have never been used for much of anything. They just sit there, stacked and mostly unused. This is precisely the situation some people have been mocking a few members of OWS for.

That is not contradictory, that is simply the situation as it is. That is not even a negative or disparaging comment, it was just to illustrate that you can not call out some people for stacking isolated cities in enemy territory or on the front line when the opposite side is doing the same thing. Me using my stacked cities the way you illustrated as "acceptable" is beside the point, both sides have their share of both types. I only use myself as reference as I am the only one left with a significant number of cities in OV territory, and so I am the only one with any significant number of "stacked" cities. OV is a great alliance full of great players, that doesn't mean they don't have a few that don't seem to do a lot of fighting. OWS is a great alliance full of great players, for sure there are a few that don't get involved as much as they should. Such is Grepolis.

You do not view OWS's victories over small alliances on the rim as relevant. I was merely pointing out that many of the groups they beat were larger than them or at the very least close in size to them, and that they recruited the best of those they beat. This is the same tactic used by OV and other groups.

None of my comments have ever been meant to tear OV down, I respect them a great deal. I was merely trying to point out that OWS deserves respect as well, and that some double standards were being used. Two groups can be rivals and enemies and still respect each other. Enemies in one world may well be allies in another, so all the negative comments are pointless and unproductive. I have repeatedly attacked GrepoMeta in Olous, but I consider him a great guy and have more than happily fought by his side in another world. Respect, that is all I am asking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

OSG did very little to SC I counted about 10 cities 11 including nutters. The main contributors were KB, Tri, and Winners. And if you really think about it most the world is at war with Tri now. OSG is fighting TT in a pretty competitive war at the moment I think we've had 2 or 3 lead changes just in the past couple of days. And to the south OWS is fighting the rest of Tri. The only team not fighting us is KB who is fighting OSG instead.
I was a late joiner to OSG, and was stuck fighting my own war up in the Northwest, so I can't comment on anything to do with OSG's contribution vs SC.

However I'm pretty sure that there is more than 1 team not fighting you. Out of the 4 other main teams, you're fighting wars against OSG and OWS, but not fighting KB due to distance (no idea if there are more reasons than that or not) but also pacted with Winners. So, unless you count them as one family with you, there are 2 major teams not fighting you, right? (Not in any way saying that Tripartite don't fight, as there is a nice war going on between them and my own alliance, just confused by the claim that there is only 1 major team not fighting them.)

Coxwana

Phrourach
I have no idea what that means.

I am certainly a large part of the front lines, not really by choice, but it is what it is. And honestly I have met pleasant people such as cmonster and Phantom Lord, both of which keep me on my toes, so it is not necessarily a bad thing. I like finding players with a good sense of humor that enjoy playing the game, even if they are repeatedly trying to kill me. lol

I believe I was quite clear, and others seem to have had no trouble understanding me. OV actively fights, in general. Meaning the majority of their members are active fighters. BUT the first cities that they stacked in our territory are still stacked, and have never been used for much of anything. They just sit there, stacked and mostly unused. This is precisely the situation some people have been mocking a few members of OWS for.

That is not contradictory, that is simply the situation as it is. That is not even a negative or disparaging comment, it was just to illustrate that you can not call out some people for stacking isolated cities in enemy territory or on the front line when the opposite side is doing the same thing. Me using my stacked cities the way you illustrated as "acceptable" is beside the point, both sides have their share of both types. I only use myself as reference as I am the only one left with a significant number of cities in OV territory, and so I am the only one with any significant number of "stacked" cities. OV is a great alliance full of great players, that doesn't mean they don't have a few that don't seem to do a lot of fighting. OWS is a great alliance full of great players, for sure there are a few that don't get involved as much as they should. Such is Grepolis.

You do not view OWS's victories over small alliances on the rim as relevant. I was merely pointing out that many of the groups they beat were larger than them or at the very least close in size to them, and that they recruited the best of those they beat. This is the same tactic used by OV and other groups.

None of my comments have ever been meant to tear OV down, I respect them a great deal. I was merely trying to point out that OWS deserves respect as well, and that some double standards were being used. Two groups can be rivals and enemies and still respect each other. Enemies in one world may well be allies in another, so all the negative comments are pointless and unproductive. I have repeatedly attacked GrepoMeta in Olous, but I consider him a great guy and have more than happily fought by his side in another world. Respect, that is all I am asking for.

A city is not able to be effectively used before the thing is built but once mine are built. Believe me. I'll be sure to pay you and your guys a visit so you dont think I'm playing sim city.

DeletedUser54792

lol, I don't think anyone has ever accused you of playing sim city. You are always up for a good fight.