Inactive Topic Troop giving to your own cities

DeletedUser

Propose

You can gift troops and boats to your cities, so you don't have to tediously built troops that you already have. However there will be certain rules that stop you from creating an indestructible army.

Reason

This would be a great way to improve the game, for you would be able to get BP quicker, therefore able to get cities faster. Some players give this game up when it take ages to get there next city, and this would be a good way to fill in some of the time you have where you can't really do anything.

This will make it easier for players because they can do things quicker, and it will make more enjoying. They won't have to build the troops they already have in another city, but be able to transfer them to another one and attack with them.

This will stop the problem of waiting too long before you can attack, and troop loss through not being able to build enough within a time limit.

Details

This will work by some simple things that players can do. To make it fair to smaller players, who don't have 20 odd cities, there will be a unit and boat limit you can send to that specific city. You will only be able to send 150 land units, and 20 naval boats from each of your cities. Transports do not count in these 20 naval boats, for they have hardly any attack and defensive value. You will only be able to send the amount of transports for the 150 troops.

For example if you send 150 troops in fast transports without bunks researched, then you will be able to send along 15.

If you do have bunks researched, you will only be able to send 10. The troops with more than 1 population, will be counted like they are in transport boats. If you sent a horseman, then you would have 147 more space to send to the city.

This population rule also counts with flying mythical units, if you sent a Manticore, which uses up 45 population, you will have 105 more single population units you can send.

You will have to use the population space you have wisely, by sorting out how the troops will effect the ones in the other city. If you pick the wrong ones, you will have to wait till they arrived, and then send them back. The troops will travel to the other city in the time it would take to support them with the troops.

You will only be able to gift troops and boats to your own cities, not to anybody else's. If everyone in an alliance gifted this amount of troops to a certain player in their alliance, they would be able to make an indestructible army. I do not intend that, just to have the right amount of troops to attack with.

Since you are only aloud to send 150 land units and 20 naval boats, when you max out these slots, you will have to attack and lose some before you send more. For example if you gifted 150 land units, and 130 of them died attacking, you could send another 130 to that city. It is the same with defending. If you had 150 of them defending, and 130 of them died, then you could send another 130.

The killing of the troops would be shared out equally, as to which city gave the most. If 3 of your cities gifted troops to you, the first giving 20, the second giving 40, and the third giving 80, then most of the troops that got killed would be from the 3rd city, then the 2nd, then the 1st.

Balance/Abuse Prevention

I would not think a player could cheat with this, if it follows the way it has been presented. If everything has a limit, I do not see how someone would be able to send more than they should.

DeletedUser

A rather large no.

You've thought this out, but you haven't explained what happens to the populous once it has died. Does the population return to the original city? Or is the population count itself the gift? Certainly doesn't work if it's the latter.

DeletedUser

What happens if you have 100 cities 15000 troops could be gifted to allow easy long range expansion so it can be abused by large players or if you are only allowed to gift 150 troops overall it is quite useless.

DeletedUser

A rather large no.

You've thought this out, but you haven't explained what happens to the populous once it has died. Does the population return to the original city? Or is the population count itself the gift? Certainly doesn't work if it's the latter.

The population will be given to the city it dies attacking in.

If people say you could make too many nukes, then why not say you can only send this amount of troops from 15 of your cities??? Or have a total maximum of say 1500 in one city with gifted troops?

DeletedUser30636

I like the idea, but the way you put it. the way it should max it is by how much population I takes, for example, if the city your sending it to has 300 population you can only send 300 population worth of units. also what if I wanted to move some transports into a different city? I could defiantly make a large amount of transports in once city, and since they don't count that would give me a ton of more room to make units

DeletedUser

The general idea has been suggested before. I don't think this should be implemented.

DeletedUser

This idea will be shut down soon. it defeats the purpose of actual having mutliple cities and would be useless with the pop cap anyway.

DeletedUser

While it has some bugs to work out, I would say that it is a good idea that should go forward. It would make it so that island missions could be completed while still allowing specialization of cities.

DeletedUser

i like the idea.... i think he/she means .. say city 1 has 1000 pop and no troops.... city 2 has 500 troops... if city 2 gifts city 1 the 500 troops... then it would take up 500 pop from city 1, and would then free up pop in city 2...

i know a few people who though you could actually do this ... no names lol