Inactive Topic Troop speed estimation

DeletedUser

Proposal: On the old interface you could use the display on the right of the screen to estimate the TT of a particular troop to a city. You can still do this but ONLY for troops that are in the city. If you do not already own this troop you cannot get an estimate.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Reason: On the old interface I could select, for example, colony ship and scroll to a city, hover the mouse over that city and it would display an approximate travel time to that location.

Details: Troop/Navy travel time to various cities, even if you do not OWN the unit

Visual Aids: http://prntscr.com/2nfb1l

Balance: nothing

Abuse Prevention: nothing

Summary: An old feature that has been lost. Would like it back

DeletedUser36085

You can go to the city you want to conquer, click attack and type 1 under CS. Even if you don't have one, it will show you the travel time. The same can be done with any other unit.

DeletedUser

Thanks I did know that but I miss the other option. Must faster

DeletedUser

You can go to the city you want to conquer, click attack and type 1 under CS. Even if you don't have one, it will show you the travel time. The same can be done with any other unit.

^ He beat me to it. This way is also more accurate. If you really cared that much you could always build one of every unit. :p

DeletedUser

Takes longer though!

Sometimes I would scroll round the map checking each city for rough TT. Makes decisions much easier to make

DeletedUser36085

You can also sign up for Grepointel. It has greys and inactives finder with the CS times. There is also this website.

DeletedUser

Can a mod clean this up please, it wasnt a discussion it was an old feature I would like reimplemented, :)

DeletedUser

^ He beat me to it. This way is also more accurate. If you really cared that much you could always build one of every unit. :p

If you were really a legend you would know that you don't need to build a unit to sim it's travel time :p

as for the idea, great, bring it back, and bring 1.26 back too :)