Pnp Ultimate Cythera World Wonders Stage Guide

DeletedUser29152

WWs have been upon us for a few days now and I thought some of the new players and noobs need a walkthrough on what's going down to help them understand the dynamics of the game.

What Are World Wonders?

Now I'm not talking about the Great Wall of China and the Taj Mahal kind of wonders. Here in Grepolis we only recognise the original 7 not the mainstream 7 which are:
The Great Pyramid Of Giza
The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
The Statue of Zeus at Olympia
The Temple of Artemis
The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus
The Colossus of Rhodes
The Lighthouse at Alexandria.

These are basically structures old leaders (mainly due to short man syndrome) felt the need to build great and extravagant landmarks to obviously compensate for something they were lacking. The statue of Zeus being exempt because Zeus is a bad :cool:
Inno brought these in because well hey who needs to win a war game by fighting when you can show how great you are by building big structures because that's what a true leader would do.

How do you build World Wonders?
Simple all you have to do send resources to a WW site.
Well actually not that simple because to have the site in the first place your alliance must control every city on that island (not to mention that not all islands have WW sites).
Then also you have to wait for it to level after triggering the right amount of resources that are required to make it go to the next level which range from 200,000 of each resource at level 1 to 23,800,00 of each resource at level 10...and depending on what speed your world in this amount may be the same or multiplied.
Then there is also the fact that adding favor to your WW can speed up it's leveling.
But you must have at least 400 favor from each god to do this.
And you can only halve it's completion time.
...ok may it isn't that simple
But at least after you do all that work you get a nice world wonder :)
...unless of course another alliance built their one before you as there can only be 1 type of WW in a server :(

The Who's Who In Cythera

The Popular Kids (Moderated Infection/Infected Nation)

the-more-popular-you-were-in-high-school-the-more-money-youll-earn.jpg

Typical cool kids at school who always go out partying and do trendy things and it just seems that they are unfairly always at the top no matter how much harder than them you work. Appear to others like they are all friends yet spend most of their time gossiping about each other's clothes and "totally last season" expensive sports cars.
Any one who has seen Mean Girls know what these people are really like with weak relationships (as if they've only been friends for a week) and secret motives against each other...but don't worry their swag will help them prevail.

The Jocks (Dwarfs)
the-highest-paid-player-on-all-32-nfl-teams.jpg

The group who are always high up in the ranks but never the top. This causes enrages them and so they bully the poor nerds which in Cythera really are small (below 100k points) alliances and inactives.
"That will teach them for being smaller than me" ~ Navalus
Since they lack in social skills and intelligence they use their strengths and manpower to make up for it and grow into large players with the help of steroids (in Grepolis we call these drugs "gold") and in a short period of time they boom into gigantic players and no longer need the gold anymore to grow. If you are smaller than these guys do as they say and hand in your cities or face constant wedgies...and the occaisonal dreaded Bireme attacks :eek:

The Towel Boys (Oceans Veterans and The Battle Show)
family-guy-towel-boy.jpg

Basically the losers who have no chance of going far in the world and decide to be servants to a superior figure.
These alliances lack what we people call a back bone and feel the need to just kiss the feet of their oppressors and be thankful that they have not been rimmed yet.
They claim to be loyal but as soon as a greater force arrives they will be leaving faster than Spain in the World Cup to join their side.
Not much admirable things to say about them.

The Hipsters (Bunch of Trolls)
the-perils-of-being-the-office-hipster-and-other-bad-labels-at-work.jpg

"Argh WW sucks Inno, stupid game makers"
"Simmer's Crown"
- Just a few things these people like to say. So turned off by the end game stage they rather go to Starbucks as a group and debate how mainstream and uncool WW is.
The have decided to stay out of WW completely and not even build them, maybe because they are only 25 of them and they are the 7th ranked alliance? No definitely because WW sucks big time.
Boycotting WW like hippies protesting Vietnam when the decision makers have made up their mind already.

*If you didn't make this list then just presume that you are in fact a loser/nerd and I don't waste my time of dorks.

Winners' Prize

The best part of WW is the insanely amazing reward you get to your profile. A crown. Yes you heard it a year (or more depending on your world's speed) of hard gaming is rewarded with an animated crown which you can wear on your profile with pride.
Except that even noobs can wear crowns if they were in the winning alliance but no one knows that because the crown is so shiny it distracts them from thinking properly. Smart move Inno.

You also get an Title and Profile reward: "Master of [your server]" if your alliance made 4 out of 7 WWs first but if you really want to be known as a 1337 pro then you need to get all 7 WWs and the title "Ruler of [your server], Trust me the difference of 1 word is a huge one and it especially helps you get some hot girls (if you point it out on a date they are practically head over heels for you instantly) and you can take my word for it...I mean seriously, who comes on the internet and tells lies anyway :p

Finally but not least you get a 10% larger favor cap to use in another world
120px-Happy_smiley_face.png

IKR but it can only be used in Hero Worlds.
...But don't worry you can still use it. I mean it's not like Inno are gonna stop opening Hero Worlds
I mean what are the chances.

DeletedUser

LD being the jocks is an amusing thought, perhaps the professional binge eaters due to their size?

DeletedUser41715

When Romefather, who was the LD founder, left the world, the orientation of my alliance changed totaly. We begun as fighters with only a few selective members, no council, no simmers or noobs etc. The new leaders who took over decided to change all this and focus only to WW neglecting the fighting. We started preparing for this a long time now and truth is that we were ahead until MN and Infectious merged. What i want to say is that if we fail to take the crown its gonna be a huge failure. I saw the best fighters my alliance had to quit cause they didnt like this ww focus. If we finaly lose the crown then all these months would have gone wasted.

DeletedUser29152

You were ahead until the merger. ...I actually have a Pm from you saying something completely different

DeletedUser41715

Pm from me? then you make it easy to track your game id. Anyway its true that until the end of May MN was ahead of us but then many things happened like Damarko ghosted, Mavros Lykos was long term absent and looked like he was quitting (kalos irthes piso aderfe. nomiza oti ta paratises) etc. Why do you think the merge happened if MN was still ahead?

DeletedUser29152

Oh so you weren't really ahead of mn until they themselves crumbled. Your statement comes across as if dwarfs was always the better alliance when in truth they only got a chance when mn had some unfortunate events

DeletedUser41715

Oh so you weren't really ahead of mn until they themselves crumbled. Your statement comes across as if dwarfs was always the better alliance when in truth they only got a chance when mn had some unfortunate events

yep. have anyone told you something different? we never claimed to be better (at least i didnt). The only point i disagree is about the ''unfortunate events''. From what i know they didnt just happened but were caused by infectious.

DeletedUser

i LOLd at the first post. great analogy between today's sports (specially NBA and MLB, i mean, look at how lebron and dwight howard look like) and grepolis these days

DeletedUser29152

Now that I've given this flawless guide there is no excuse for any alliance not participating guys. Build on
smiley_emoticons_bravo2.gif

DeletedUser25249

So glad im in vm for the simmer awards, but i will be back this week, and putting on notice any red flag to the mighty trolls, will ruin someones ww island within the week hahahaha(SW)

DeletedUser29152

hmm and here's me thinking trolls don't want to get involved in WW...clearly I was wrong

DeletedUser22708

Building WW's and sabotaging them are 2 different things. Btw i understand why the trolls don't want to build WW's and this certainly doesn't make them hipsters. WW's are a boring part of the game, don't really understand why you would build them over and over in every new world you join. Winning them gives you a burgerking crown which is pretty much useless because everyone can get one. In some worlds up to 7 alliances received a crown for building the ww's. Anyways, good luck Kudiwa ;)

DeletedUser

"*If you didn't make this list then just presume that you are in fact a loser/nerd and I don't waste my time of dorks."

hehe this loser is coming to kick your a**

DeletedUser29152

Congratulations to Completing the 1st World Wonder Moderated Infection...I told you the Cool Kids always do well :p

DeletedUser

get those 4 done so we can all fight again. sucks to siege those mods and see them not put in a lot of effort because of keeping resources for WW rather then putting them into making LS

DeletedUser32250

get those 4 done so we can all fight again. sucks to siege those mods and see them not put in a lot of effort because of keeping resources for WW rather then putting them into making LS

I feel your pain storm! WW is a tiring and flat period. I do hope inno change the server ending challenge because, yes it is reasonably tough but the essence of battle (which is what grep is about) is only there in terms of sabotage. Even then it's just firing on stacked cities.

DeletedUser29152

simmer's crown or not Imma enjoy wearing it and Dwarfs not :p