Inactive Topic Use Favor to gain CP's

DeletedUser27700

Perhaps this idea would be better served if we stop debating the exact cost.
Lets focus on the essence of the idea, converting favor into more CP. Then if this makes it through voting, we can let the devs decide what the cost for this feature should be.

DeletedUser

Lets focus on the essence of the idea, converting favor into more CP. Then if this makes it through voting, we can let the devs decide what the cost for this feature should be.

I love it.

DeletedUser38224

Excellent, excellent suggestion. Either that or people could actually read the OP before posting the same ridiculous argument that's already been addressed dozens of times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excellent, excellent suggestion. Either that or people could actually read the OP before posting the same ridiculous argument that's already been addressed dozens of times.

There's a reason it has been brought up dozens of times.

DeletedUser27700

Well we are not getting anywhere, so for now lets assume cost makes no difference.
Would you like to be able to convert favor into culture or not?

DeletedUser

Well we are not getting anywhere, so for now lets assume cost makes no difference.
Would you like to be able to convert favor into culture or not?

It would depend on the manner favor would be converted into culture and whether simmers would be benefited significantly or not.

I would support a delivery system that would increase the amount of favor required per CP bought, but I would be against the OP in it's current form.

DeletedUser38224

Players who use this idea in early-mid game would be at a significant disadvantage, since favor is essential for spells and mythical units at this stage. Only late-game, where everyone is simming, is affected, since it's practically impossible for a player who's producing 5-10 favors per hour to use this feature with significant return.

Even late-game you can probably get more Cp's from Victory parades than this feature, and you're definitely getting way more from city festivals. I've already stated this many times, if you make a new method of gaining culture that only enables you to produce one culture point every week, then the feature is useless. Compared to the other methods of gaining culture, this one is far inferior, and isn't even worth it to use it early and mid game, but is worthwhile enough late-game that players will use it.

And what would this be?

DeletedUser42126

I've just run the numbers my self and what Awsomeness says is true, the math is correct. Furthermore, he is right that the early and mid game bonus of this is negligible at best and that late game 100+ cities it is just enough to keep me interested in even using favor. saddly, people fail to realize just how slowly favor is actually gained.

on the other hand, I see the merits of many of the self proclaimed "aggressive" players and I assume that a majority have not experienced the grind of the late game as it stands and the impossibility of being a great attacker that takes cities from active players. I enjoy early and mid game attacking as much as any loyal grepolis customer, but, with the advent of attack alarms coupled with players having 50+ cities per active player that are pumping out bis LDU at a significant rate, it becomes a hassle just to time all 80 of your attacks then hope that you alliance mate timed in theirs as well so you have a shot of clearing a city stacked with 300K bis. Therefore players are forced into simming because the game becomes a job and it is just easier. so, I support this idea just because people can grow a tad bit faster late game and get to conquer a city that mush sooner.

DeletedUser

Was a bit skeptical reading through this thread at first but you made some good points, I like it. (y)

DeletedUser32373

I think this is a great idea except you need some small amount of rezzes in there too. 350 is just way too easy and the bigger players will be dominant.

DeletedUser38224

There's some nice math i've done in the balance/abuse prevention part of the OP, i would suggest reading that.

Also, please read the entire thread before posting again. There's simply no need to tell people that they're wrong about it being too cheap more than once, much less 20 times.

DeletedUser38224

Hey guys, if you like the idea please rate the thread 5 stars so we can help get it passed. or if you would not like to see this passed, i guess you can give it one star.

DeletedUser32373

Actually, I rethought this- GREAT IDEA. I really hope this gets put through because I just don't want to fight a ton of people on one of my accounts and think its hard to get CP's as it is, so this would be awesome!

DeletedUser42393

I think the mods aren't going to pass this...

But I think I know what their reply will be?

challenge-denied-smiley-emoticon.png

DeletedUser19042

lol....

This will be passed once it reaches the requirements. :D (I think)

But as I said before, I'm not in favour for the idea..

DeletedUser38224

Why on earth wouldn't they?

lol....

I'm sorry about that :) We can still be friends though, right? :eek:

Anyway, this thread has the most replies out of any on the first page of ideas and like the third most views, and most of the people who've posted have been in favor of the idea, so i really don't see why it shouldn't pass. We just need to get that rating up.

DeletedUser42393

lol....

Why on earth wouldn't they?

How can this possibly be passed?
People (simmers) will just dedicate cities to building temples. Everyone will just turtle up and Grepolis will go down it's "best MMO" leader-board.

THAT, is why this shouldn't be passed,
Take a look at the rating too...

Awesomeness, I'm not having a dig at you here, I just dislike the idea (personally)... I don't want this game to be ruined by simming turtles.

DeletedUser38224

Just because you're not in favor of the idea doesn't mean it won't be passed, because there are plenty of players that are.

The argument that sim players are gaining significant advantages through this feature is not entirely invalid, but it's not valid either. You're not using this feature with significant return until you have cities in the hundreds, and by then you're a sim player anyway. You're always going to be able to do more festivals than favor events, regardless of your size.