v 1.12 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

Gameplay:
new revolt based conquest system

anyone have any idea what this is? thanks for any info. seems like a big change since your changing conquest

on 'no conquest worlds' -this phrase has me particularly worried too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I was just about to make a post about the No conquest worlds . . . WTH is that?

DeletedUser

Yup, it would be nice if they posted the details of these changes somewhere.

A new conquest system has me a little worried. I do not remember a development disscussion suggesting it and it could eally ruin the game play, since it seems like they will be implementing it on all worlds.

I don't mind "no conquest worlds" as long as they do not change the worlds currently up and running.

DeletedUser

shh.. it's a secret..
well, I guess we should all just wait and see..

Thou I believe No Conquest worlds will stay No Conquest Worlds, as conquest is not disappearing, it's just changing it's system, and No Conquest World doesn't have that system anyway..

But there is currently a big war in world Beta, and implementing this system in the middle of the fight will probably do much more damage then good

DeletedUser

Well in other games I have played a "revolt based conquest system" meant that you could not actually conquer another player’s city. All you could do was dominate it and receive some percentage of resources generated.

This is why I am worried. It would result in a completely different game experience and in my opinion probably ruin the game. :Unhappy:

DeletedUser

same here ruin the game...
of course i think no conquest worlds mean you can still found a city.
just not conquest other city...
WHICH I THINK IT SUCKS

DeletedUser

same here ruin the game...
of course i think no conquest worlds mean you can still found a city.
just not conquest other city...
WHICH I THINK IT SUCKS

Then its name will be "Grepolis City 3000BC" or "Grepolization" lol

A guide would be useful or at least some explanation

DeletedUser

There's still going to be conquest, just not called conquest. They changed the conquest system, which makes things more confusing actually.

DeletedUser

yep, i'm not sure what the new system is, i think no one is sure.

DeletedUser

im not sure myself. usually in other innogames products like tribal wars the mooderators make a thread explaining important new game concepts before or immediatly after announcing a new change. Like in army camps, churches, etc. I guess we will just have to wait until its updated then we can see for ourselves.

my biggest fear for the revolt system is that they are going to make it similar to tw nobling system. Current conquering system in this game is very good and unique.

DeletedUser

The Grepolis Team will start a new update 1.12 in the next week for the German and English version. A week later, the rest of our language versions should follow. The 1.12 version contains a few innovations, like a change in the battle mode. In the past, you had to explore conquest in the academy and build a colonial ship to conquer
a foreign polis. You had to sail to an adverse city and occupy the polis for 24 hours. Now you will have to start a revolt, which will be placed instead of conquest in the academy. Conquering a foreign polis will work like that: You win the fight on the ground. After that you can start a revolt. The rising will last 12 hours. Afterwards, the revolt takes place and will rage for another 12 hours. In this second step your colonial
ship should arrive. There will be no hesitation, when your ship arrives you can conquer the city immediately. Why will we change the battle mode? We recognized confusions about the way you can help an attacked city. When a city was occupied the user who wanted
to help the original owner of the city had to a ack the city not support it. For you
guys it may be clear, but many players did not recognize that they had to fight
the troops of the aggressor. A second reason to change the battle mode was the lacking opportunities of the defender. After the occupying has started, he was forced to wait 24
hours and watch what happens. Now he can use his city the whole time. He can produce
new ships, build up the wall or recruit new troops. Therefore, we decided to change the battle mode. At first, there will be only a change in new upcoming worlds, but we will modify the system in the old worlds, too.

A couple of things that require clarity in my view here. As well as a few observations:

1 - if you no longer need to occupy a city for 12/24 hours to conquer it, there is no need for combined def / off units like Hoplites, chariots and triremes. You just need to attack a city, cause a revolt, and then attack it again

2 - This appears to make dodging a worthless tactic, since if you "dodge" an attack, you effectively "lose" which would trigger the revolt process and put you at risk of being conquered 12 hours later.

3 - Are these timeframes world specific, ie, on Gamma and Epsilon are they 6 hours and 6 hours instead of 12 and 12?

To answer the point about no conquest worlds, this was something announced in the last Innogames newsletter. There will be worlds specifically designed for low combat players, where you cannot conquer someone elses city, they will effectively be sim building worlds where you grow my colonisation. You can still attack and farm other players to stop their growth rate and damage their polis, but you can't take over another players city.

Currently there are no EN "no conquest" servers, but there are likely to be some planned for the future

DeletedUser

Wow !

I think this will change the character of the game completely.

DeletedUser

To answer the point about no conquest worlds, this was something announced in the last Innogames newsletter. There will be worlds specifically designed for low combat players, where you cannot conquer someone elses city, they will effectively be sim building worlds where you grow my colonisation. You can still attack and farm other players to stop their growth rate and damage their polis, but you can't take over another players city.

Currently there are no EN "no conquest" servers, but there are likely to be some planned for the future

wtf, No Conquest server's. Doesn't that ruin the main concept of the game?

DeletedUser

Uggg...
This is messed up lol. When this is implemented, dodging, shortrange strikes, sniping, etc will all be rendered null. The winner will always be the player with the biggest army. Pfft. Sure it gives a slight advantage to the defender in that they have some more time to rally defenses, but it takes the finesse out of the game...

I suppose we'll see on zeta how it works out.

DeletedUser

Sounds like it is going to be a game breaking update. Not looking forward to it.

DeletedUser

this is frankly very sad. The origional method was perectly fine and I don't see why it should have been changed.

DeletedUser

Uggg...
............ I suppose we'll see on zeta how it works out.

Well, I can see teams Ryan and Dobby having a happy time "not-conquering" each others cities.

"Grepohugs" will no longer be an ironical name.