Vacation Mode - a discussion

DeletedUser

I would much rather have vacation mode than account sitting. One of the things that kept from playing Tribal Wars is the fact that so many of the accounts run 24/7 because they are being sat all the time. That means that you are really only playing your account 3 maybe 4 hours, so is it really your account? Another problem with account sitting is that when I was contemplating TW is that many alliances had a requirement that they be allowed to sit your account for x number of days. In either case can you really say that you are playing the game or are are your friends playing for you. Are you really running your account and is it being ran the way you want it to, or is now part of a collective where you really don't have control over your own cities/armies? After all if I join a game I want to play the game not have everybody else play it for me. Where is the fun in that?

Vacation mode:
Good news:
-You can't be attacked.
Bad news:
-No resource production
-Lapse in growth and possible eviction from alliance (such as unable to help in war efforts or unable to meet point requirements)
-If people ask you for help, well, you aren't there to hear it.

Account sitting mode:
Bad news:
-You have to find a sitter.
-Sitter may be dishonest with your account.(though I have yet to encounter this problem)
Good news:
-Resource production as normal and your village(s) is likely to grow even bigger.
-Could be used at peace time to continue daily farming duties which in turn will lead to even faster growth.

As with your "is this even my account if I'm only playing like 3-4 hours a day?" question. If you think this is a problem, then feel free to solo it, but risk falling behind the 24/7 people who have co-players. Personally I'd have no hard feelings about that, it's a game after all, you really shouldn't grow too attached to your account. Your co-player doesn't even have your password.

DeletedUser4013

Account sitting is not going to be implemented in this game. As for vacation mode, I don't see how it is being abused. It takes 48 hours from the time that you activate it for it to kick in. Within that 48 hours you are still open to attacks, and can even be conquered. People mainly use this feature for legitimate reasons, not to run from attacks.

DeletedUser

Vacation mode:
Good news:
-You can't be attacked.
Bad news:
-No resource production
-Lapse in growth and possible eviction from alliance (such as unable to help in war efforts or unable to meet point requirements)
-If people ask you for help, well, you aren't there to hear it.

Account sitting mode:
Bad news:
-You have to find a sitter.
-Sitter may be dishonest with your account.(though I have yet to encounter this problem)
You can be Conquered
Good news:
-Resource production as normal and your village(s) is likely to grow even bigger.
-Could be used at peace time to continue daily farming duties which in turn will lead to even faster growth.

As with your "is this even my account if I'm only playing like 3-4 hours a day?" question. If you think this is a problem, then feel free to solo it, but risk falling behind the 24/7 people who have co-players. Personally I'd have no hard feelings about that, it's a game after all, you really shouldn't grow too attached to your account. Your co-player doesn't even have your password.

In bold is the most serious problem. In TW I was rimmed twice thanks because I went on holiday and my Account Sitter couldn't fend off the attacks.

DeletedUser

You're not helping the situation! Try posting a good alternative to vacation mode instead of using masses of text walls to pick holes in other people's arguements and increasing your post count.

just because you are too lazy to read what has been posted, don't subject us to your garbage post that ignores all previous context and statements
I have made SEVERAL suggestions as to how the abuse of vacation mode could be eliminated, or at least caught in a high percentage of scenarios

I say that the best solution is scrap the vacation mode and replace it with the account sitting mode. There, problem solved, nice and neat, file closed.

yes, that would be a valid solution. put the responsibility on the player to find someone to watch their account, if they care about the game and playing it going forward
vacation mode is just... such a cop out way of dealing w/ players wanting breaks from the game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And as Tyrion has just said, It will NEVER be implemented into this game. So really, there is no point suggesting it.

DeletedUser

I would much rather have vacation mode than account sitting. One of the things that kept from playing Tribal Wars is the fact that so many of the accounts run 24/7 because they are being sat all the time. That means that you are really only playing your account 3 maybe 4 hours, so is it really your account? Another problem with account sitting is that when I was contemplating TW is that many alliances had a requirement that they be allowed to sit your account for x number of days. In either case can you really say that you are playing the game or are are your friends playing for you. Are you really running your account and is it being ran the way you want it to, or is now part of a collective where you really don't have control over your own cities/armies? After all if I join a game I want to play the game not have everybody else play it for me. Where is the fun in that?

I never thought of it that way. That sucks! Vacation mode is perfect...tell the devs that. We don't need account sitting.

DeletedUser4013

And as Tyrion has just said, It will NEVER be implemented into this game. So really, there is no point suggesting it.

To be clear, I was referring to Account Sitting. That is what Jaustralis is quoting me on. :D

DeletedUser

Vacation mode

I personaly is not so much of military. All I am trying to do in this game is to servive amongst the other aggressive players and may be have a couple of friendly cities to support to and get a favour from them back. The life itself is abusive so we are all hoping here we get what we are looking for in our dreams. Someone wants revenge, someone wants find peace, etc...Thank you for this discussion. I will use this feature from now on to avoid unwanted/unexpected attacs...
My suggestion to the "problem" is to limit vacant days a particular person may take in a period of time in regard of the game.

DeletedUser

just because you are too lazy to read what has been posted, don't subject us to your garbage post that ignores all previous context and statements
I have made SEVERAL suggestions as to how the abuse of vacation mode could be eliminated, or at least caught in a high percentage of scenarios

Please note that, as a sixteen-year-old professional investor, my time is too valuable to use on reading text walls. I apologise for this habit.

When I finally brought myself to tackle your wall though (after much much moaning), I discovered that you have only made three points:
1. chezzy sucks (which I disagree with because he is against you)
2. Vacation mode is being abused by some people (which we all know)
3. Vacation mode should be improved

I see no reason as to why I should agree with your post. Ever since my first day of forum frolicking I have went by the motto "If the post is unreadably garbled or pointless, I will simply ignore it"

P.S. Good luck trying to derep me, you do know that I honestly do not give a [censored] about my rep, right?

DeletedUser4013

I personaly is not so much of military. All I am trying to do in this game is to servive amongst the other aggressive players and may be have a couple of friendly cities to support to and get a favour from them back. The life itself is abusive so we are all hoping here we get what we are looking for in our dreams. Someone wants revenge, someone wants find peace, etc...Thank you for this discussion. I will use this feature from now on to avoid unwanted/unexpected attacs...
My suggestion to the "problem" is to limit vacant days a particular person may take in a period of time in regard of the game.

There is a limit to Vacation days that can be taken. The limit is currently 42 days out the year

DeletedUser

Players going into vacation mode after recieving quite a few attacks or having 1 or 2 of their cities conquered is becoming quite common on the beta world, just gets a little annoying.... But, it is something that can't really be monitored or judged on, as the player that went into vacation mode, could just simply say "I had to go away", "I had work commitments", "I had family problems" and so on....

However, saying that their is a high number of players that genuinely need to go into vacation mode which they are entitled to.

The abuse of vacation mode will happen, yes, it is a pain in the backside, especially after you've beat an opponent into the ground, only leaving you to conquer his/her cities and then bamm, they go into vacation mode, but I believe the abuse of Account Sitting (24/7 accounts) far out weights the abuse of vacation mode...

You simply cannot stop someone from entering vacation mode just because they are being attacked, as their reasons for entering vacation may purely be coincidental and they may need to urgently go into vacation mode...

What would I like to see? Well I would like to see how much vacation allowance that player as got left, that way I'll know when I can start attacking again... or have them as a different colour on the map to show who's in vacation mode.. :)

DeletedUser

Players going into vacation mode after recieving quite a few attacks or having 1 or 2 of their cities conquered is becoming quite common on the beta world, just gets a little annoying.... But, it is something that can't really be monitored or judged on, as the player that went into vacation mode, could just simply say "I had to go away", "I had work commitments", "I had family problems" and so on....

However, saying that their is a high number of players that genuinely need to go into vacation mode which they are entitled to.

The abuse of vacation mode will happen, yes, it is a pain in the backside, especially after you've beat an opponent into the ground, only leaving you to conquer his/her cities and then bamm, they go into vacation mode, but I believe the abuse of Account Sitting (24/7 accounts) far out weights the abuse of vacation mode...

You simply cannot stop someone from entering vacation mode just because they are being attacked, as their reasons for entering vacation may purely be coincidental and they may need to urgently go into vacation mode...

What would I like to see? Well I would like to see how much vacation allowance that player as got left, that way I'll know when I can start attacking again... or have them as a different colour on the map to show who's in vacation mode.. :)

Account sitting is designed to reward serious players and give them an edge over players who only bother to sim. But the rest, I think that'll make a more user friendly environment and cut down a lot of frustration. I'm sure that'll decrease the amount of whiners these days :p

DeletedUser

Account sitting is designed to reward serious players and give them an edge over players who only bother to sim. But the rest, I think that'll make a more user friendly environment and cut down a lot of frustration. I'm sure that'll decrease the amount of whiners these days :p

Account sitting is designed to allow players to take a vacation from the game and not be left behind.

What actually happens is that people use it as a way to run accounts 24/7 for the first weeks of a game thusly giving them an advantage (via a better start up) over players that aren't part of the "elite" circle who use this method (probably > 90%).

In my days of playing TW I've been sitting 10 or more accounts at once it just becomes a pain in the bum and is unecessary. Given the rules on co playing and the stated intention that account sitting will not be introduced I don't see the point of the idea to introduce it carried further.

Back to other ideas I guess.

As a side note I recommend that when some ideas are fleshed out that they are posted either to the support team via a support ticket to be passed on or in the ideas forum, if posted in the ideas section please see this thread for the layout required for ideas threads.

DeletedUser

Please note that, as a sixteen-year-old professional investor, my time is too valuable to use on reading text walls. I apologise for this habit.

please note that:
1. I don't care how old you are, or what you style yourself as on the internet; 16yr professional investor? PLEASE
2. if your time is too valuable to use reading the forums before posting a response, then your time is too valuable to post a response too, since the entire BASIS for how forums work is as a "FORUM" for people playing the game to have discourse; and to have discourse with someone requires that they READ what you wrote before just posting up their one-sided garbage

When I finally brought myself to tackle your wall though (after much much moaning), I discovered that you have only made three points:
1. chezzy sucks (which I disagree with because he is against you)
2. Vacation mode is being abused by some people (which we all know)
3. Vacation mode should be improved

just because you are too lazy and elitist to think you need to read what people say, before replying to them DIRECTLY and trying to rip apart their argument, when you have admitted not even reading that which you are replying to, does not mean that I am going to go find all of the points I've made and summarize them for you. I assure you, I have made several suggestions as to how the abuse could be addressed; take the time out of your "busy" schedule to read what has been posted, and you might learn something

I see no reason as to why I should agree with your post. Ever since my first day of forum frolicking I have went by the motto "If the post is unreadably garbled or pointless, I will simply ignore it"

and I see no reason why anyone should waste their life reading any of what you post, when you admit that you don't read what you are replying to before hitting the "reply" button, which to me is about the most immature way one can carry oneself on a public forums

DeletedUser6029

I do have a question and a point...just something to think about. People who are in the US national Guard when they get called up they get a pass on their employment...I know of two players who are A) in the military, and are stationed in a place for periods of time they can't log on and B) are going to boot camp for longer than the 42 days. Is there anyway for the sake of armed forces (in any country to be fair) to be exempt in the vacation rule. I know that Travis will have to cancel his account when he leaves for boot camp here shortly and that will suck for him as he has spent so much effort in playing actively.

Second question...is there any idea on the table for maybe putting an emergency leave option for immediate short term leaves?

I personally like vacation mode the way it is with a few possible improvements, and I have to agree, no account sitting...having been victim of an alliance that did that on Grepo, it truly sucks.

DeletedUser4256

Nice to have thoughts about the armed forces ...but it wouldn't work...others have jobs that entail them going away and have no access to a comp.
I really do like the idea of an emergency vacation idea though.

DeletedUser

Maybe with an emergency vacation, the account could be frozen indefinately and instantly for a price of 5% of your points? Thia would allow you to leave your account safe if you are called off urgently but also prevents this being abused.

DeletedUser

i need more vacation time. I work away, often for weeks at a time. I find 40 days is no where near enough.

It would be fine if I could give it to a friend to look after for a short while. Bring in account sitting

98% agreed, same situation here. 2% disagreed, because it's 42 days :p

DeletedUser1405

Vacation mode is fine as it is, people who are misusing it will become croppers when they actually need to use it they wont have any time left.
And if you cant clear a city and launch a CS in less than 48hrs there is something wrong.
If i remember rightly you cant go into vacation mode while attacks are incoming so all people have to do is to send fakes in a long line of attacks to stop it being used to escape.
I expect to be corrected if wrong and will accept it but it was how i read into it.