Wars 7.14

DeletedUser

That was sarcasm, right?
Since when the cow earns more then the coward??? ( pun intended)

DeletedUser

yesterday 14 attacks on 1D. RIP Caer, over night 47 attacks and more 26 incoming.

City still mine ( okay, i guess lot for long) and i just conquered the city yesterday, so it had no walls or real defense!!!

Well, at least it appears, that Defiance FINALLY coordinated some attacks.
Congratulations to that!

Seems, that they really needed all their players,
some even 15 hours and more away,
to steal a city from a guy who just hit the 100k.
Good job!!!

and.. the city is not yours already.
Three revolts getting hot in 6,8 and 10 hrs.. a lot can happen in that time...

I am sorry, but i feel embarrassed to be part of this, even just as target!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29371

yesterday 14 attacks on 1D. RIP Caer, over night 47 attacks and more 26 incoming.

City still mine ( okay, i guess lot for long) and i just conquered the city yesterday, so it had no walls or real defense!!!

Well, at least it appears, that Defiance FINALLY coordinated some attacks.
Congratulations to that!

Seems, that they really needed all their players,
some even 15 hours and more away,
to steal a city from a guy who just hit the 100k.
Good job!!!

and.. the city is not yours already.
Three revolts getting hot in 6,8 and 10 hrs.. a lot can happen in that time...

I am sorry, but i feel embarrassed to be part of this, even just as target!

haha you better not loose that city!

should've let us know and id order Paragon to support you now that Orestes is slacking on VM :p

You can also contact J Marcus individually and explain situation i bet sniping a CS is something he would love to do if he has the time!

DeletedUser

yeah, lost it!
after 108 attacks and three days of battle!
But no biggy, just got it a day earlier!
About the Cs sniping, Apollo asked me the same, but the city was in revolt from four different players and had nine incomings ( all long travel times) when revolt was hot, so Cs was hard to make out, especially, because Defiance often attacks their own city after they took it. So much for their timing!
What i thought was a good thing ( hey, i am fair) was that i think Rataldo was it, separated his attack into many small ones ( 6x8LS), so it is harder to spell on them.
Actually, i am not sure, if for example 10x 5LS have the same effect then 1x50, but i think from the logic they should...
so separating one big attack into many small ones is a smart move i think!

DeletedUser

What i thought was a good thing ( hey, i am fair) was that i think Rataldo was it, separated his attack into many small ones ( 6x8LS), so it is harder to spell on them.
Actually, i am not sure, if for example 10x 5LS have the same effect then 1x50, but i think from the logic they should...
so separating one big attack into many small ones is a smart move i think!

No they are weaker if you send them like that. Play around in the simulator and you will see. I messed around with just 50 biremes as defensive and 50 lightships. If they go in 10x 5LS, the biremes will have 4 leftover at the end. Where as if you send all 50 LS at once, you will have 12 LS survive. (This is with morale at 100% and no luck or bonuses)

From logic point of view imagine sending 5 lightships up against 50 biremes. Thats 5 biremes to every lightship, more chance of them sinking the lightship before a bireme is sunk. Where if you have 50 vs 50, It would be a more even fight.

DeletedUser

About the Cs sniping, Apollo asked me the same, but the city was in revolt from four different players and had nine incomings ( all long travel times) when revolt was hot, so Cs was hard to make out, especially, because Defiance often attacks their own city after they took it. So much for their timing!

Having a attack land after the colony ship is not a timing mistake,just a simple way to Camouflage the colony ship,hoping you would snipe the last attack instead.

DeletedUser

might be right, but when the attack cant be cancelled anymore, the one, that just took a city has to dodge the attack and the attacker makes all the way for nothing, as it must be from far away to simulate a slow CS from the travel time point of view.
And if then somebody is smarter then your last comment ( no offense ) and would check the cities where the attacks come from he will see where the Cs comes from anyway.
Only way here would be to send multiple Cs which is quite dangerous and anyway only affordable by bigger players!

DeletedUser

might be right, but when the attack cant be cancelled anymore, the one, that just took a city has to dodge the attack and the attacker makes all the way for nothing, as it must be from far away to simulate a slow CS from the travel time point of view.
And if then somebody is smarter then your last comment ( no offense ) and would check the cities where the attacks come from he will see where the Cs comes from anyway.
Only way here would be to send multiple Cs which is quite dangerous and anyway only affordable by bigger players!

Thats wrong

DeletedUser29371

Having a attack land after the colony ship is not a timing mistake,just a simple way to Camouflage the colony ship,hoping you would snipe the last attack instead.

Yeh pendraga you are right HOWEVER with noobs its mostly failed timing....

Especially if the last attack (after CS) came from a player not sending CS so in case city takeover he would slaughter his comrades men!

DeletedUser

If you are not on line and you have multiple incomings,the attacker sending the colony ship could sneak in a small attack to land after the colony ship...A lot of people presume the last attack is the colony ship so could cause confusion, if these attacks are protected by spell,stopping you from casting wisdom.

Best guide you will ever read http://grepolis-pro.blogspot.ie/

DeletedUser

Another Defender of the Day award for me... Jeez... when will 101 learn??? Thank you for a great team and 101 for yet another hard to come by city slot.... which... you guessed it... I will use against you guys. :)

This makes 72,185 total BP so far for the month of Dec. jeez... I need a break :eek:

DeletedUser

If you are not on line and you have multiple incomings,the attacker sending the colony ship could sneak in a small attack to land after the colony ship...A lot of people presume the last attack is the colony ship so could cause confusion, if these attacks are protected by spell,stopping you from casting wisdom.

Best guide you will ever read http://grepolis-pro.blogspot.ie/

yes but ......wont the attack's travel times be a dead give away?

DeletedUser

Example
Firstly i send my colony ship from city A add spell,add cleaning waves from my other 10 cities landing with in seconds before my colony ships arrival.

Now my colony ship takes 10 hours to travel to your city,so is easy recognizable like you said (with its long travel time) So all i have to do is wait till the colony ships travel time decreases to say the time it takes me to launch a normal attack from city A add it to land couple seconds after my colony ship attack.

Now these 2 times will be Identical and both attacks need to be protected with spells to stop the defender casting wisdom and with multiple attacks from alliance members and more being added all the time it can confuse the defender to thinking the last attack is the colony ship,meaning he dodges the colony ship and snipes the normal attack this will only work if the defender is a sniper not a stacker.

DeletedUser25074

Well then he is an idiot lol. The second the CS is spotted any decent player will put the exact landing time of the CS up. Which means your second attack is an obvious fake as its not landing at the time noted down 7 hours earlier lol

bR32uno

Phrourach
And you just made your CS attack weaker.
Anyway, if I snipe your CS with lets say 300 birs, I will destroy both attacks since they come from the same city.

DeletedUser

I see the problem,maybe the only way would be to add a 2nd colony ship from 2nd city closer to the target city then where the first colony ship was sent from.

DeletedUser

the only tactic that would work as far as "fake cs assaults" would be to launce from 2 cities and using a fire ship as the cs decoy........you best put spells on both to mask the attacks but ya fire ships are sooooooo slooooooow ......so that might work ......but smoke and mirrors is so iffy ....if it works it works great .....if not ...its usually a flippin tragic result .......i do it like the 1970's cleveland browns .....IM RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE ....STOP ME!

DeletedUser25074

the only tactic that would work as far as "fake cs assaults" would be to launce from 2 cities and using a fire ship as the cs decoy........you best put spells on both to mask the attacks but ya fire ships are sooooooo slooooooow ......so that might work ......but smoke and mirrors is so iffy ....if it works it works great .....if not ...its usually a flippin tragic result .......i do it like the 1970's cleveland browns .....IM RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE ....STOP ME!

You cant launch fire ships as an attack. I could tell u how to do it but then id be giving too much away :p

DeletedUser

sorry i mispoke i meant tri-sails .....but like i said im not a big fan of gimics ......at a certain level the players are too smart for horsecrap manuevers .....in the end its the solid basics .....patience for your opportunities,team work,and good political work