What happened to TUS ??

DeletedUser

yer tell me about it :(............. as this maybe my last world going out with a bang and a good fight would have been excellent but sadly there are some people who only think about themselves and when this happens shi* hits the fan :pro:

DeletedUser

Its St Paddy's Day or St Patrick's day but thanks :)

believe it or not in USA they actually do say 'St.Patty's day'..not Paddys day something to do with paddy being a racist jib over there.or something..not sure.
As for TUS ah well you know, its a long server - and CS still has to turn on its 13 sister /academy/allied alliances after all only 120 of you can win- now will you be silly enough to believe they'll 'cuddle' you (i thank you Mungus) to the end or more realistically turn on you one at a time? I suggest you grow a pair before its too late a make a stand.
(while we quietly reform and win the server! :) )

DeletedUser

ZP hadn't been a TUS leader for weeks, him leaving played no part in it.

Reason for every neutral player our there: TUS was a valiant effort but consisted of too many alliances with their own agendas, the council grew too large, there were personal issues between certain individuals and the whole thing just became a giant beareaucracy machine which meant that without the concent of some 20 people absolutely nothing could be decided. Things got out of hand and with people spending more time quarreling over the f-ing forum layout than spending time on fighting was just too much.

Reason for all EN players: Wildnisa and Erik singlehandedly killed TUS with their epicness, forced many into slavery and the rest to flee for their lives so the big EN machine can continue work without roadbumps.

DeletedUser

Chopper is correct (first paragraph :p) and the simplest answer to why things didnt work out is that it was down to TUS essentially being a merge between at least 3 different alliances, founders and leaders included.

You see plenty of in world merges between just 2 alliances not work out, was something i was aware of before starting but when somebody says do you want to play the next EN server with a great group of players the first thing that comes to the head of most isnt 'hmmm not sure the leadership will work' its usually 'tell me who is signed up' then 'f*ck yeah thats awesome, we will make it work!'.

You had the core of the winners of Actium, Lamia and Pandosia under the same alliance and they all achieved it with their own style, strategy and tactics. It would be pretty naive to think it was going to be any easy task to get everybody to work as one but I think most would regret it more thinking 'what if' instead of giving it a shot.

And yes Zero quitting had nothing to do with what happened, he was on his way out weeks ago was only a matter of time imo. I could probably write an essay about the events that contributed and reasons things didnt work out but rather than bore you all with the details the simplest answer is my first sentence as thats what everything stems from ultimately.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Reason for every neutral player our there: TUS was a valiant effort but consisted of too many alliances with their own agendas, the council grew too large, there were personal issues between certain individuals and the whole thing just became a giant beareaucracy machine which meant that without the concent of some 20 people absolutely nothing could be decided. Things got out of hand and with people spending more time quarreling over the f-ing forum layout than spending time on fighting was just too much.

Reason for all EN players: Wildnisa and Erik singlehandedly killed TUS with their epicness, forced many into slavery and the rest to flee for their lives so the big EN machine can continue work without roadbumps.
To summarise. TUS were all talk

DeletedUser36743

Altho I am EN... I will buy what you are selling.... while the world is young and anything could happen... you have to admit tho that the CS leadership's functioning is what made the difference ....

Even though they comprised of aquaintances/friends/strangers - very much like TUS (and not a hard core who have been playing several worlds one after another as a leadership team) who should logically have had the same problems you did (many times over - given the number of NAPs/Pacts/Merges u say they have)... i think therein lies the stark difference.... in the quality of leadership... that is the differentiator... not the ABPs, not the Top 12 fighters, not the milestones....

DeletedUser

It's not that black and white, as each of the groups in TUS leadership has led alliances to victories in previous worlds one can hardly call them bad leaders. It was just a matter of too many of them and the combination of alliances put together just didn't work in the long run, as I said before - too many different agendas and no common goal. Fighting against the threat of EN is what brought us all together, but when there are 10 different ways people want to approach that it just isnt happening.
Also for all of us it was a first time leading a large coaltion, we're all used to running tight-knit groups (especially the BE part of people, most of whom have predominantly played in very low-cap worlds where alliances fight it out on their own, without a coaltion) and apparently there is a large difference between running a tight-knit group and managing hundreds or even thousands of players at once.

Hands down EN has mastered this kind of gameplay, they were the ones who invented it for crying out loud, and know the perfect way to run giant coaltions. This was a first time for all of us even attempting anything like this and it quickly became clear that this sort of gameplay is not for us. Simple as that. Sadly this was/will be a last time for many as well.

I personally will never play grepo again until this whole WW system is changed. These past 2 worlds have just been too much.

DeletedUser33530

Well this is rather disappointing to see TUS fall :(.
By the way thanks for the explanation of all this chopper.

DeletedUser38465

You're the one who said it, not me. Ask anything you want prateek. I give you permission to.

(Shortened post)

DeletedUser36743

It's not that black and white, as each of the groups in TUS leadership has led alliances to victories in previous worlds one can hardly call them bad leaders. It was just a matter of too many of them and the combination of alliances put together just didn't work in the long run, as I said before - too many different agendas and no common goal. Fighting against the threat of EN is what brought us all together, but when there are 10 different ways people want to approach that it just isnt happening.
Also for all of us it was a first time leading a large coaltion, we're all used to running tight-knit groups (especially the BE part of people, most of whom have predominantly played in very low-cap worlds where alliances fight it out on their own, without a coaltion) and apparently there is a large difference between running a tight-knit group and managing hundreds or even thousands of players at once.

Hands down EN has mastered this kind of gameplay, they were the ones who invented it for crying out loud, and know the perfect way to run giant coaltions. This was a first time for all of us even attempting anything like this and it quickly became clear that this sort of gameplay is not for us. Simple as that. Sadly this was/will be a last time for many as well.

I personally will never play grepo again until this whole WW system is changed. These past 2 worlds have just been too much.

I see what you mean.... hopefully inno will change the end game soon....

You're the one who said it, not me. Ask anything you want prateek. I give you permission to.

(Shortened post)

hmm.... are you this way normally or do you make a conscious effort at it ??

DeletedUser42857

Just because Dim is back no need to start using DimLogic again....

Nah, this isnt a rib EN world, this is a rib ZP world.

I just cant believe people fell for his nonsense, everyone knows he doesnt last more than a few weeks in a server> hes still surviving in us42 after his alliance collapsed and he headed to the rim.

The sad thing is, the only people who didnt realise TUS would collapse after a month or two, were the people in TUS. :D

(and yeh, i know TUS rimmed us, but we were outnumbered about 4-1, and despite the best efforts of former enemies to find us a place on a friendly alliance that alliance turned out to be totally disfunctional and collapsed quicker than a custard castle) :D

DeletedUser33530

well i agree that zero tracks record for not having his alliances fall isn't the best lol (sorry zero you're still awesome though) but it was already made pretty clear from what chopper has said that the fall of TUS really didn't involve zero.

Ranga1

Strategos
Yep the original founder of the alliance was in vm probably at the precise moment tus started falling, coincedence or smart play? Of course he can't be blamed for any stuff ups if he is in vm!

DeletedUser24285

Simple really - Zero Point is no longer a credible leader. He will need to change his name now - it has been dishonoured.

DeletedUser

I trust what some are saying about TUS imploding due to "To many chiefs, not enough Indians" or "Leadership from different worlds having different approaches". Did that play a factor? Yes. Your downfall however, was biting off way more then you could chew. Zarun, among others were very vocal about their early domination on this server which brought your rapid growth to the forefronts. Its kind of like that little imperfection no one really notices, but once brought to light, you can't NOT notice it. Up until disbandment, we were taking cities from your group at will. Many members ghosted, others flat out gave up. I yielded messages saying how your members would hoard DEF in fear they would be hit, in turn leaving other members cities vulnerable. Bragging about having top fighters days in, bragging about how fast you were running through alliances, getting caught multiple times trying to plant spies or milk information. The rapid dropping of NAPS/Pacts and turning on allies. Going to war with the whole server. These are the real reasons to the fallout. This is just as much a social game, as it is a fighting game. Finding that balance of when to talk trash, and when to keep your trap shut it key. The balance of friends to enemies as well. Unfortunately, the fault has to fall on your leaders. All part off inexperienced leadership IMO.

Server is FAR from over. Things happen daily to change the path of the game. TUS is still around, just in different alliances. In my mind, nothing has really changed other than the fact a few members left the band...

DeletedUser

Mikk,in all honesty I have no position whatsoever in CS:)
And no,it is not EN-never it will be:)

DeletedUser

Go on Choppy. Blame it on the game, blame it on the WW system, blame it on the devs, blame it on something else... but don't own up to the fact that you guys slipped into the old TW "family tribe mode" and lost the plot.

Don't try and save your reps by giving a back handed complement to EN claiming they invented & mastered this kind of gameplay. They didn't and they aren't playing Sinope that way.

Your old leadership has been found wanting and failed. It would be foolish of either The Comers* or AeO to give any of you a pact... (not even a nap) ... they should put you to the sword and, only then, move on. Last Word!

* Coming Soon and others

Last edited by a moderator:

Zarun-

Strategos
they should put you to the sword and, only then, move on. Last Word!

By "move on" you mean eat their pact mates one by one until there is no threat left lol.

Same old routine - eventually people will realize working with them will never be in their best interests.

Eventually.

As for TUS breaking pacts, we never did. We had a few NAPs in place - mostly asked for by other alliances!! When we ran out of food, we had no choice but to break NAPs so we could continue fighting. It's a war game, not sim city.

TUS was a great team but the reasons for breakdown have all already been posted. It happens.