what happens to support units during conquest?

DeletedUser

Hi I wanted to know what happens to support units during conquest and I got several scenarios/question in regards to this:

-------------------------------------------
Consider two allied players - A1 and A2.
A1 has 1 city (A1_city1)
A2 has 2 cities (A2_city1, A2_city2)

The allies decide to support each other:
A1_city1: Support(10xSwo) -> A2_city1
A1_city1: Support(10xSwo) -> A2_city2
A2_city1: Support(10xHop) -> A1_city1
A2_city2: Support(10xSli) -> A1_city1

Now some other player (E) who is their enemy decides to conquer A1_city1:

E: Attack(CS+...) -> A1_city1

HERE COME THE QUESTIONS... WHAT HAPPENS IF:
1. ... A1 sees the incoming attack and withdraws support from both A2's cities and they ARRIVE BEFORE E's attack on A1_city1. They will be added to whatever other troops A1 had in A1_city1 and to A2's support units and together will defend against E's attack. Correct?

2. ... A1 sees the attack too late. He withdraws his troops but they arrive AFTER E's attack. Let's assume E's attack was a success and he kills all units in the city (A1's own units as well as A2's slingers and hoplites). So E now starts to conquer A1_city1 (the 12hr period or whatever it is on other worlds). What happens with A1 and with his troops when they reach the city? Will they a) fight E? Or will they b) support the conquest??

I would think that it would be b), correct? If yes, and if nobody helps A1, then he is toast. What happens with his troops which were "supporting" the conquest of their own home city? Do they now belong to E?

3. ... A1 never cares to login so misses the conquest attack completely. Eventually E conquers A1_city1 successfully. A1 is out of the game since he only got 1 city. What happens to his troops garrisoned in A2's cities? Disappear? Belong now to E? Or belong to A2?

4. ... E sends Minotaurs with his attack. A1_city1 worships Hera. E conquers it - what happens to the Minotaurs? The wiki (or was it the Ultimate Guide) says u can not support a city with units of a different God...

DeletedUser

1) yes, you're correct.

2) the returning troops that supported player A2 will attack the siege, and if there were enough troops they will kill the CS. so, a.

3) When a city is conquered all the troop from that city will vanish, so the support will disappear from the cities of player A2.

4) The minotaurus will help to support the siege, as the CS attacks is an attack, not a support wave. You can, however, only send hera myths after the CS attack to support the siege.

Once the city has ben conquered with only a minotaurus supporting, the city will automatically worship zues, if there were additional hera myths too, the conquered city will have no god until you choose one yourself.

DeletedUser

about the myths...

Wow that was a pretty fast reply and pretty comprehensive, too! Thank you!

Can you explain a little more about the myths, please? I didnt quite get it...

If I am currently conquering (with Minotaurs sent along with the CS, not as a support after siege has started) some city which worships Hera, what will happen to the Minotaurs and to the city temple after a successful conquest of the city?

DeletedUser

Myths have always been a mysterious part from Grepolis. :p

If your CS lands, the Minotaur will help to defend the CS, but as it was send as an attack, it doesn't count as support. This means you can still have the Minotaur defend your CS in a city that worships Hera.

Once the city has been conquered, and there is only a Minotaur left there as support (So you didn't send more Hera myths as support) the new city will automatically select Zeus as your new god.
If you also send Hera myths after your CS landed (which means there are Zeus myths, AND Hera myths supporting the siege) your new city will have no god selected and you'll have to choose one manually.

DeletedUser

uh-oh... So looks like I will get yet another Zeus city... damn. There's not much I can do about this though, is there? I can not remove just the Minotaur, since it was sent as part of the CS attack... Actually come think of it I there is no way to withdraw a conquest attack at all, right?

Actually I don't know if the city has Hera, I just said Hera coz its short to type :). I tried sending Centaurs as support and they were returned, so I know its not Athena... Actually I think it has Zeus originally... So I should have sent the centaurs as ATTACK (with the CS) and then the Minotaurs as support and then I would be able to choose a different God? If I understood u correctly..

And one more thing - if it so happened that I could choose between 2 gods (lets say Athena and Zeus) and I had Minotaurs and Centaurs in the city at that time would I lose one type of the myths? Aren't all my attacking units that came wit the CS considered support (after a successful takeover)? Hope this makes sense, what i am asking here... I am concerned that you could not have more than one god type of myths in a city and yet there is a possibility of having Min and Cen there at the same time so I m wondering if ther ewould be any problem due to this..

Once again thx for your help..

DeletedUser

You can change the god you worship at any time in the temple, also, you can withraw a CS or parts of the CS attack by going to
City you sent CS from -> Agora -> outside. then you can choose to recall everything, or just some units ^^

DeletedUser

When recalling units you must leave enough transports behind to allow the other ones to come back, otherwise it will not let you recall. Just something to keep in mind.

DeletedUser

So what happens if I withdraw (only) the CS in the middle of conquest?

DeletedUser

the only way to wihdraw a CS is to use the 'withdraw all' option, so withdrawing only a CS is only possible if the CS is the only unit present.

what would happen though is that the siege would be cancelled :p

DeletedUser

Many thanks to ALL of you guys who answered these questions.

Does anyone of you work for Innogames or you just doing this for fun? If the latter - how do you people know all this stuff? From trial and error, just playing the game a lot..? Hope I dont meet any of you in my ocean.. hehehe...

DeletedUser

We're not official employees but yeah, the mod team (colored name = mod) represents innogames. We're doing this for fun and I know everything I know from experience :D

DeletedUser

Hi, I have some support troops in my city. How can I tell who they belong to?

DeletedUser

go to the agora, you can see the troops supporting your city, and where they came from