What is the best Troop for Defending your city?

DeletedUser

Cerberi do have the best defense stats, so a balance between them, archers, AND HOPLITES would yield the best stats. However, cerberi are mythical units so they cannot be easily used for supporting other cities.

plus they poop alot.

And that's bad for city morale.

DeletedUser30767

Cerberi do have the best defense stats, so a balance between them, archers, AND HOPLITES would yield the best stats. However, cerberi are mythical units so they cannot be easily used for supporting other cities.

No they dont ... In the end ,,,, it always comes down to best defense/ Farm Space .... And Medusa beats everyone in that ... Click Me...

DeletedUser

This won't be a popular opinion but I use Minotaur's mostly.

DeletedUser

the best troop for defending your city is, imo, the bireme. not sure how that's not answering the OP's question :D

Trooper, as in land defence. Don't be coy with me. :p

We all know that future actuaries have problems handling logic. Would be interesting to see bireme sailors trying to row across land to defend the city against slingers and catapults.

Hoplites in a land defence wall comprising of cerberus? lol

No they dont ... In the end ,,,, it always comes down to best defense/ Farm Space .... And Medusa beats everyone in that ... Click Me...

Cerberus: 90 D/FS.
Medusa: 79.2222222222 D/FS.

Cerberus are the best land defenders in the game. They're an over-glorified swordsman.
Medusas are the second best defenders and best attackers (barring Griffins) per farm space in the game. Over-glorified hoplites.

In saying that, I would welcome being contradicted on this point, if you have a land wall using Medusas that is relatively balanced, while retaining a level of defence higher than a balanced wall with Cerberus, let us know.

Nothing wrong with Minotaurs, they are supposed to be good defenders.

DeletedUser30767

Hoplites in a land defence wall comprising of cerberus? lol

Cerberus: 90 D/FS.
Medusa: 79.2222222222 D/FS.

Cerberus are the best land defenders in the game. They're an over-glorified swordsman.
Medusas are the second best defenders and best attackers (barring Griffins) per farm space in the game. Over-glorified hoplites.

I stand corrected ... Cerebus is better than Medusa for defense(per farm space) ..... But advantage of Medusa is you can use them both as strong defense and strong offense ..

DeletedUser

I stand corrected ... Cerebus is better than Medusa for defense(per farm space) ..... But advantage of Medusa is you can use them both as strong defense and strong offense ..

Indeed, if you can build a nice defensive wall using plenty of Medusas, you have a secondary means to farm across island and start revolts. :)

The only drawback to building medusas is favor costs.... resource costs work out generally fine, they just consume more stone... not a bad thing considering land walls eat through tonnes of silver and wood.

DeletedUser

Yes, bireme stacking is wonderful, but it doesn't necessarily answer the OPs question.

The best land defender would probably have to go to the militia, since they are free to pop and can be used every few hours

Free? Level 20 Wood, Stone and Silver (Speed 1). Then it cost you: 450wo/st/si.

After that I have to go for Cerberus' with some archers. Okay it is a mythical unit but in hour of need you can always change your god.

DeletedUser

Yeah they're meant to be a defensive myth unit so no problem there. :)

My opinion on defenisve units?

Archers
swordsmen
Pegs

Works like a charm :cool:

DeletedUser

I prefer to defend with slingers, horsemen and harpies.

Lots of em.

And I've learned its good to have a strong defense... lots and lots of slingers, horsemen and harpies.

because everyone keeps attacking me.... enemies, allies.... even my alliance leader.

non-stop attacks.

Weird game.

DeletedUser

Pegasi are awesome defenders as well. They can fly! Death to the horsemen!

Rooster: Where are my donuts I was supposed to get at the meeting?