What is the best way to play?

DeletedUser23971

No fair - I can't find my glasses :eek:

I found this player earlier (not because I wanted to pay a visit - I'm not like that) but now I can't see him ....

I think this is a world a player would learn quickly in - I hope the testerone hasn't put him off, but in a way I think it would be safer to learn in a morale world first.

DeletedUser

Much safer in a morale world there will always be one person who would just attack and ruin an experience unfortunately happens in every world

DeletedUser

The best way to play depends not only on your time that you can play and dedicate to the game but also on your personality. To me this game is 50% about the war and fighting and the other 50% about brothers and sisters you make in the game. So you have to decide whether you have the time to be on and move around your offensive troops and if you're not able to be on as much then you become on the more defensive side. The GAME then becomes fun when you make friends and fight along side each other :) You can have a lot of fun even making friends with your enemies :) Just ask Gesote.

DeletedUser

i come on quite regulare at least twice a day for as long as i need to. ive just finished school forever two weeks ago so i have nothing to do. also no matter what alliance i am in i will constantly be on the forums. i also like taking the mick out of my enemies.

not sure if any of yous have heard of ata1973 but back in lambda (en11) me and my friend decided to go to war with him i had 350k my friend had 700k and ata had 2 mil lol. and i constantly just messaged him winding him up.

and then just recently i found him on paros so he will probably want to killme because i started messaging him on here as well lol :pro:

DeletedUser

he is here??? hmm thought he had left the game and not player seriously after that world..

DeletedUser

thanks haha:)

No problem :) One thing i always make sure myself and my friends and enemies remember no matter how many cities you have in the end this is a GAME. Some people tend to forget that and take this game tooooo seriously....

DeletedUser

he is here??? hmm thought he had left the game and not player seriously after that world..

yeah ata is still here. hes in the alliance villiany. im suprised with the amount of points he has though compared to what he had on lambda

DeletedUser

The best way to play depends not only on your time that you can play and dedicate to the game but also on your personality. To me this game is 50% about the war and fighting and the other 50% about brothers and sisters you make in the game. So you have to decide whether you have the time to be on and move around your offensive troops and if you're not able to be on as much then you become on the more defensive side. The GAME then becomes fun when you make friends and fight along side each other :) You can have a lot of fun even making friends with your enemies :) Just ask Gesote.

Agreed. Not only is how much time you have a factor, but I also think the way you play depends on your strengths and the strengths of your alliance members.

Some peeps are offensive gods and goddesses, while others rock at defense. I played a world where teams were so solid, individual players specialized almost all of their cities to work as a team versus as an individual. (ie: one player made about 80% myth units, another made about 80% biremes, and so on.) That was a conquest world, which I also believe factors into how you play.

DeletedUser

"Diplomacy: Open for those who can bring proposals with mutual benefit" .. oh cmmon.. grow up/wake up .. Tru .. *clap the hands*

DeletedUser

Agreed. Not only is how much time you have a factor, but I also think the way you play depends on your strengths and the strengths of your alliance members.

Some peeps are offensive gods and goddesses, while others rock at defense. I played a world where teams were so solid, individual players specialized almost all of their cities to work as a team versus as an individual. (ie: one player made about 80% myth units, another made about 80% biremes, and so on.) That was a conquest world, which I also believe factors into how you play.

Without going into deep details it looks like we have a case of "two" peeps talking to "each other"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

colonize cities in enemy territory... Some guys here are just fan of this idea

DeletedUser14786

I used to look down on colonization as a cheap way of gaining cities/territory.

Then I watched my alliance on Naxos lose control of an entire core ocean (our original core ocean lol) due to a massive coordinated colonization operation by our foes. It was a point in the war where we were nigh untouchable in that ocean, and could defend any number of cities in an OP, but after they colonized 70 cities simultaneously we discovered that it's a fairly effective way of gaining territory if you are patient. We literally didn't have the city slots to CQ them all... and before we knew it we were losing cities. :p

That said, my recommendation is to build lots of ships and be aggressive. Any good player will tell you that by controlling the seas in island warfare you can shut down your enemies. :pro:

DeletedUser

I used to look down on colonization as a cheap way of gaining cities/territory.

Then I watched my alliance on Naxos lose control of an entire core ocean (our original core ocean lol) due to a massive coordinated colonization operation by our foes. It was a point in the war where we were nigh untouchable in that ocean, and could defend any number of cities in an OP, but after they colonized 70 cities simultaneously we discovered that it's a fairly effective way of gaining territory if you are patient. We literally didn't have the city slots to CQ them all... and before we knew it we were losing cities. :p

That said, my recommendation is to build lots of ships and be aggressive. Any good player will tell you that by controlling the seas in island warfare you can shut down your enemies. :pro:

thanks for the tip ;)

DeletedUser340

For defense I usually only build boats, if they can't get past the boats they'll lose their land troops without them even fighting :)

DeletedUser23971

*Watches Venom colonize 100 cities in o44, kicks self*:p

You have to have a thick skin though and put up with 3 months of being called simmers ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: