What is the end game??????????

DeletedUser

If and when is our world going to be updated with the "new" worlds additions and if not what the heck is the end game to all this?????????

DeletedUser

Years, your kidding me right?

I am not looking for a quick end, but years, come on you cannot believe the vast majority of people are going to play this for years do you? In addition, while this does have a social part to it I would much rather hang out with real friends in person than have my social life revolve around a game with unknown faces. Most people play these games for the challenge and not to replace a "real" social life with a virtual one. If years is the best that can be offered and frankly its beginning to look like that here espically with the inablility of the devs to incorporate the new worlds additions by now then I am going to leave for something with a shorter end game. Good luck with your "years" of playing.

DeletedUser18392

why is it so hard to believe it could be years when MMO's do it.

nothing replaces real life but grep is fun and doesnt need to be time consuming, there's no constant grind, log in do some building reply to some forum posts have a laugh, maybe be fortunate enough to meet some people you can come to call friends. Amazing how small the world is and how often you meet people in a game like this that don't live too far away.

i am looking forward to the long term challange, years would suit me just fine :D

two thumbs up to Sophistacles for his post there.

if you do want things to go a bit quicker RavenKnight you could always build up for a bit then just blaze of glory it ;)

DeletedUser

Just a heads up... 2.0 does have an end game in [wiki]World Wonders[/wiki].

DeletedUser13936

wow once 2.0 really get going its gonna be EPIC :D

DeletedUser

endgame is simple when a world recruitment is closed the remaining players and alliances must fight till there is only one alliance left right now this can only happened in alpha it took less then 14 months i think for it to be closed

DeletedUser

I find the 'endgame' engrossing.
Simply, and although I completely agree with Sophistacles and give him a + for his post (and he hints at this 'other' component of ANY war-game's 'endgame') there is another meaning to the word 'endgame'.

It is this: When the chaff is blown away, when most of the major opponents have formed, found their ground, established their leadership and the 'real' wars begin... there develops the critical situation. The Real War.

It may be multiple opponents, fighting for ultimate control of the game. Or one major force seeking a position of dominance that cannot be subverted by any combination of weaker foes.
And yes, it may last for YEARS, see-sawing back and forth, but it is the REAL game.
Specifically, in Grepolis, the real game isn't all that simming and developing cities to seek a place in the world.
All that sitting around developing a few cities is for people who don't really understand a war-game.
It's only the 'set-up' of the game.

Thus the two definitions of the word 'endgame'.
1) The END of the game.
2) The part of the game where the game continues. But...
Where domination is sought, and where the critical fights occur.

And again, I find this second definition of 'endgame' engrossing, fascinating.

It's where the real players, the true wargamers... fight it out.

-----------------------------------

And... be warned allies of the infection, they WILL turn on you.
As Sophistacles has said, HERE, in his post, just right above.
They WILL turn on you. And you WILL lose if you don't do something to stop it.
Simply because they seek HIS definition of the 'ENDGAME'.

He wants to win the game. ONE alliance left. Sophistacles: "I plan to be a part of that team"

It may already be too late... but maybe not. Fight them.
Lambda still has a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice post Apo! Naturally with your definition of Endgame, which I totally agree, only one alliance will be standing. I think when that day comes it will be an honorable fight between the two sides (be they two alliances or two union of allinaces).

However, there is still enough room in Lambda for everybody to just keep on going as it is.

DeletedUser

I wish that unions worked! (and that is funny no matter your 'left-right' politics!) :D
(I'm personnaly sort of left.)

However, in Grep, only one alliance will win, and that is the make-up of the game.
The Grep standard... 'endgame' is ONE alliance. NOT a union. Only then will the game end.
Prepare for it.

And surely, there is an attraction to joining a self-replicating virus.
Personally, I'm not Borg. (LOL!)

But Eneid, you are so correct, a lot of fun left for anyone just joining!
The second (and first!) definition of 'Endgame' is alive for anyone that plays!
The 'edge' is becoming the game. The infection has not spread... yet!

DeletedUser

Yes by all means it will be only one alliance. But until then let's enjoy the game... :D

DeletedUser

Yes by all means it will be only one alliance. But until then let's enjoy the game... :D

So, Will you leave IMPERIUM? Or...eventually die. Or join... them.

Two months ago, KI started to fight back.
Our leaders left.... and now gone.
All we were, Savage Warriors, Social Gamers, Killers, all gone.

All we have left... fight for Lambda, we change our name as we fight.
We fight for Lambda.

This... is the 'endgame'. ...and it is fascinating.

Where will you make your stand?

DeletedUser

Im amazed that Juggernaut and Colossus weighed in as well,

I think that was the worst piece of damage done by Myrmar and Mystic when they allied with IS briefly in my absence.

Until that point I had 3 alliances moving in the direction i wanted all as close knit as possible and two more that were loyal and helpful.

Now I have half of one thats confused and disheartened at the tactics employed by some to squeeze the life and fun out of the game. There is winning, and then there is winning at a cost that just means you have conquered nothing but ashes.

Still theres always the next world !! lol

:D :D

J.

DeletedUser16508

vivo

Im amazed that Juggernaut and Colossus weighed in as well,

I think that was the worst piece of damage done by Myrmar and Mystic when they allied with IS briefly in my absence.

Until that point I had 3 alliances moving in the direction i wanted all as close knit as possible and two more that were loyal and helpful.

Now I have half of one thats confused and disheartened at the tactics employed by some to squeeze the life and fun out of the game. There is winning, and then there is winning at a cost that just means you have conquered nothing but ashes.

Still theres always the next world !! lol

:D :D

J.

YEAH, those 2 cowards led your alliance to their own undoing... they were too afraid of IS, turned their back to an ally who helped them before and look where those 2 are... all alone by themselves....:pro:

DeletedUser

Apa, it is not in our nature to turn our backs to our allies.

You may have changed the name and you may pretend to fight for Lambda, but so are we fighting for our part of Lambda :p

Anyhow...I foresee a lot of fun in the coming weeks, and IMPERIUM and its allies are ready to ro go dancing...:pro:

DeletedUser

Apa, it is not in our nature to turn our backs to our allies.

You may have changed the name and you may pretend to fight for Lambda, but so are we fighting for our part of Lambda :p

Anyhow...I foresee a lot of fun in the coming weeks, and IMPERIUM and its allies are ready to ro go dancing...:pro:

My friend, I am a minor part of my alliance.
I make few decisions, nor have much say.
I would never expect you to turn your back on your allies.
And even less turn your back on your alliance....
But we both can see the world, and it's inevitable outcome.

Only ONE alliance can win.

1) When will you leave IMPERIUM? ...to join the infection?
Only way you personally can be a part of the 'winning team'.
(and ...do your weaker alliance friends also know this obvious inevitability?)

2) Or... are you and IMPERIUM going to defeat IS.
Is IMP going to defeat SokM and his crew?
(and surely SokM is planning to kill you)

It's one or the other, you have zero choice in the matter.
This... is the 'endgame'.

You will be sooner or later confronted with the choice. IMP or IS.
...or, a third choice, you can fight 'them', keeping your options open... before it's too late.

I'm not one for being a 'spoil-sport'... but that's it.
Those three things are your choices. There are no others.

(curiously, new players can still find space in all this... as long as balance prevails. The edge, can win.)

DeletedUser

*chuckles*

Sophistacles... you try to wriggle out of the inevitable outcome.
You can wax poetic, cry foul, do whatever you want in rhetoric or polemics...
Because you are part of the winning team, and want to keep people in the dark...

...and the humor is most welcome! Kudos!

But, you know better. And so do I. And hopefully others do too.

This is 'endgame'.

My three choices for all other alliances/players but yours... remain the ONLY options.
[Join the Borg / Defeat the Borg / Neutralize the Borg]

(and surely, you are correct, the game will last for years... but only when this infection is neutralized!)

If not, then you WILL win. The borg-like Infection wants to win. In the end, annihilating their allies.
The Infection is laughing at their 'friends' every day.

Keep pulling the cloak over their eyes Sophistacles, I'm here to keep yanking the cloak off.
(and it's really easy, because I'm just speaking truth!)

DeletedUser

And while you worry about the rest of Lambda, the southern Alliances are making a steady progress.

Let the End-Game have its beauty unfold when time comes. Until then, see me coming for your members one by one ;-)