What is the end game??????????

DeletedUser

And while you worry about the rest of Lambda, the southern Alliances are making a steady progress.

Let the End-Game have its beauty unfold when time comes. Until then, see me coming for your members one by one ;-)

Of course my friend... the endgame unfolds.
SGC, KI, SW... we lost it many months ago when we lost 90% of our top players to RL.
We are a minor alliance struggling to find place in a world ruled by a virus.

I'm just saying what you know too Eneid. It isn't our fight anymore.
It's your fight. The Rim is this world's only hope.
We have met in PMs, and you are a wise old soul.

Serious fun actually seeing people here in the forums again!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16508

I will join Sophi's Gang if im still around.... Keep playing!!!

DeletedUser16508

And we have to give credit for what its due.... IS has the better crew!!!... Who ever has the better crew will eventually... WIN IT ALL!!!

DeletedUser

All this "End game" talk is hog wash - there will never be 1 single alliance to own 70% of the world, not with 50 members.

Lets do some basic math here.

3,699 players:Angry:, 5,704 alliances :heh:, 75,864 cities:) ** something wrong here more alliances then players,,, must be including dissolved ones also**

thats on grepostats.

Now for "70% domination" an alliance of 50 would need to conquer and hold
53,104 cities (at current levels) yes thats 1,062 cities :eek: per player. Ya right!!

Ok the real end game and lets be realistic here everyone. Its when the monster stops getting feed. Thats when they will say "Lambda is dead" Its when we stop paying for premium. So as long as people are forking out money there will be no end game.

And for Infectious turning on allies and they all know this, its when all other threats are elimated. So there would be no one else to fight.. NOT HAPPENING any time soon. Maybe in a couple years but i doubt i will stay on that long.:rolleyes: Oh ya i had to add this with OoC and TW and Storm all declaring on us man thats alot of oceans to travel and say 3-6 months to get a foot hold and 4 oceans to get into and then 6-12 months in conquering core cities wow thats like 6 years and a whole lot of travel.

So everyone if you want to keep lambda open for long time just break out the credit card and buy. (This is not an official endorsement of grepo products but an opinion) <--- thats to protect my butt just in case.:pro:

DeletedUser17561

I agree that this world would stay open (if it was a money maker) even if there was only one alliance left and they spent all their time farming. Having said that:

The above argument is a good example of a pretty reasonable looking argument with arithmetic that is, on its face, compelling ("My God man...1000+ cities per player? - why that defies logic and possibly the very laws of Newtonian physics!")

The issue is not the math, it is the faulty premise on which the math rests. We know you can actively farm 20 cities - not easily, but trust me in desperate times I have done it. Looter of the Day generally can be won by farming about 17 cities, give or take. And plenty of players operate 50+ cities, not farming them but scrolling around and doing stuff to all of them in a day.

And that is the flaw in the argument. If you can operate 50 cites you can operate 10,000, because you really only need to look after your 50 most important cities at any one time. The majority of cities would be buried so far within the bowels of your alliance you would forget their names, and probably stop transferring resource after a while.

In fact, it becomes easier to accrue CP as you get bigger, or at least more facile. Because the next city is only 3 pts more than your last one, as you get more cities you are spreading out the 3CP "new city tax' over a larger number of cities. It becomes less of a hassle to balance the resources to hold events, it is more likely that one will have cities that can just build resource in the background to fund events. The fact that the differential is always 3 is to me an huge error in the CP system. The only balance to this is that you have to run through the cities and set up the events, and at some point that might become a barrier. So to a point, it becomes easier to get bigger as you get bigger. But you can, for the reasons described above, operate an unlimited number of cities because you are really only operating a small percentage at any given time.

DeletedUser

Let me see the math here...
Math doesn't apply here it depends on the players, theplayers keep running this world not the math or infectious state because eventually every player quits anyway there is no one player that will stay for 20 years or more as a matter of fact i don't think anyone has. 50 + cities is hard enough heck even 10 + cities is hard to manage. WE all can't have 1000 cities even if we had 1000 who would have the time to manage all of them?

DeletedUser

*chuckles*
At 1000 cities, with 10 seconds per click, it takes merely 2.7 hours to go through them all for 1000 festivals.
People will do that once per day. And grind builds/conquers with another few hours.
Crazy people want to win.

This game will be over LONG before that happens.
All about keeping the game going.

Endgame is very simple, defeat the big alliance. (or join the big alliance)
Keeping the situation fluid, and keep Lambda a total riot.
Or... do both! ...till you got the right place.
Personally, I just can't be Borg/Infection.
I prefer fighting as an under-dog than being a virus.
But that's just me.

DeletedUser

Ugh endgame. It's really not great, you might think having hundreds of cities would be cool but it turns into a chore more than anything. In my years of tw experience, only a masachist hangs on till the end game.

DeletedUser

Well,

It looks like the endgame has happened for Apollo 64

Shame, we proved alot of people wrong and did a great deal for such a mismatched bunch of nobody's !!

J.

DeletedUser11886

Lol I DOn't Even KNow How I Got Here, Cause' I'm Not In This World, But I can Say That The End Game Is Now Closer THen We Thought :\ With The Wonders It Can Just Take About, 1-2 O Less Years To Finish A Server/World. I Know That Most likely People Are Just GOing To Say On The FOrums Like "HEY! At xx/xx THERES AN ALLIANCE WITH 2 WONDERS! LETS ATTACK THEM ALL ALLIaNCES BEFORE THEY GET 3!" And The World WIll Go On FO A Long Time. You COuld Even Stock THe CIties With 100k Brimes (ITS POSSIBLE) ANd Over 100k Sword 0_0 (How Do You Even FEED Them All?) And It Will Be MORe LIke A Seige As THe Enemy Tries To Counquer The Islands Near It So They Can Seige U >.>

DeletedUser

Lol I DOn't Even KNow How I Got Here, Cause' I'm Not In This World, But I can Say That The End Game Is Now Closer THen We Thought :\ With The Wonders It Can Just Take About, 1-2 O Less Years To Finish A Server/World. I Know That Most likely People Are Just GOing To Say On The FOrums Like "HEY! At xx/xx THERES AN ALLIANCE WITH 2 WONDERS! LETS ATTACK THEM ALL ALLIaNCES BEFORE THEY GET 3!" And The World WIll Go On FO A Long Time. You COuld Even Stock THe CIties With 100k Brimes (ITS POSSIBLE) ANd Over 100k Sword 0_0 (How Do You Even FEED Them All?) And It Will Be MORe LIke A Seige As THe Enemy Tries To Counquer The Islands Near It So They Can Seige U >.>

When I finally figured out how to decypher this guys post, I realised he might be onto something o_O

Unless the alliances can properly defend their Wonders, the world will still go for ages.... How does a World Wonder even get destroyed by an opposing alliance? Do they conquer one of the islands cities? Do they conquer ALL of the islands cities and slowly deconstruct it? I'M SO FREAKING CONFUSED. =/

DeletedUser

How do you even get a world wonder in a 1.26.27 world lambda is not in 2.0 version yet.

DeletedUser

Lamba ISNT a WW world.

2.0 worlds with WWs are Rho, Sigma, Tau, Upsilon, Phi and very soon Chi. In a WW world alliances may only build a world wonder on an big island they own. This means in order to build a world wonder, the alliance must own every single city on that island and there shouldnt be any free city spots.

If an alliance loses a city, all the collected resources will be lost, construction will be halted although the WW will still remain. Only if the alliance loses all of the towns on that island will the WW be lost. Alliances can see what level the world wonders of other alliances are.

http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/World_Wonders

DeletedUser

I will be sticking around for as long as i can, hope to see most of you stick around too. Lets have some fun. :)