What is up with Alpha and its forum?

DeletedUser

O.k, it is a known fact that the Alpha and its forums are starting to die. I think it is because a lot of people are switching to newer worlds or something. I proposed an idea that if it truly is dying, Alpha should end with a War, but i truly don't know if alpha is dead yet.

Any thoughts?

DeletedUser

With older players getting bored or busier, they quit.
After spending months of building accounts and getting set to rim, many could not be bothered rebuilding and quit.
With shrinking then disappearing grey cities, farming becomes harder also making moving out of friendly oceans harder when combined with a 48hr CS travel restrictions (entire enemy oceans are surrounded and conquered leaving players "land locked") unless they found a city, which takes around a month -back to the first point.
Players reach high city levels and it takes longer to acquire new city slots (although this can be somewhat overcome with festivals).
More experienced players turn to using gold/premium, others can't afford/lack payment means, and quit because they can't compete.

There are probably a few more reasons why Alpha is dying apart from players leaving.
Large alliances and pacts with more than a dozen neighbouring alliances also limits the number of fights in this war game.

DeletedUser13936

i agree alpha is much more alive then delta and i don't agree with the first post on this thread the alpha forums are not dead and alpha also is not dead

DeletedUser

Alpha forums was really active when hogs were here, and when EOW and Orthia had a public war.

DeletedUser

...well, we could always breath some more life in here I suppose...

Lugosi

Strategos
if you want me to pay attention to this world and entertain you, I suggest you get Gorgon101 to become friends with me ;) Alpha needs a shake up anyway, stuff happens but it isn't that interesting

DeletedUser

There are, you just have to search for them. We are also still recovering after the forums wars between TG and TW-S(for anyone else who has been around that long)

DeletedUser

dont recall anything but i didn't start posting till november

DeletedUser

I like the alpha forums the way they are as it is easy to stay upto date unlike the Xi forums beta ones

Lugosi

Strategos
it's not dead, it's just there's no key figures here who bother making threads to comment on, I would do it but Gorgon101 minimises my interest here

DeletedUser

Has i said before when 2.0 comes( if it comes lol) things in alpha will get very interesting!!