Whats wrong about MRA

DeletedUser

New-ish to the game, and wanted to know why players have problems with so called mra?
When I started in Zeta it was already 5 months old with large alliances, and I thought to myself - unless we get players in our alliance NEXUS fast, we will be picked off one by one from larger alliances.

So I went about inviting everyone I could to help each other stay in game and hopefully one day become a good alliance. This has worked as other alliances that started at same time as me, and refused to be a mra have gone. At least 15 alliances have fallen.

Since reading players comments on mras, I have looked through alot of alliances stats and have noticed periods of time when alot of players have joined there alliances. So these alliance must have sent alot of invites at one point.

NSPG and there training alliances, have been called mra, but they look to be the biggest alliances in zeta, and may one day control all.

I cant see the prob with this, and you may know that im now part of our training alliance and want to know why we are looked down on by others, surly if players think mra is run bad then players should find it funny and easy targets, and not as a threat.

Anyway guys, sorry about lenth of subject and prob spelling, but just wanted to get your thoughts on the subject.

regards
robert1310

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15905

MRAs fail because the players are geographically separated and can't support each other. Also, most of the players you recruit as an MRA don't know how to play, don't know how to listen, are mostly inactive and/or will quit the game before they ever become useful. After a few months, most MRAs are left with a handful of halfway decent players who are playing essentially by themselves. When they notice this, they leave the MRA to join the nearest serious alliance.

DeletedUser

Geography plays a defining role in this game.
(was geography the reason you left DAFT?)

Say for eg. you and I became enemies.
it wouldn't matter even a tiny bit how much we WANTED to fight. we simply cannot due to the ~56:35:54 travel distance.

the same goes for support.
if you recruit someone that your alliance could not hope to support (or they support others in same alliance) then you are not offering them anything and all you want from them is their points.
when an alliance such as an MRA send an invite without a message that also says "we want your score but not so interested in you".
MRA's are historically badly run alliances with little care or attention paid to members or building a cohesive team of players. MRAs are more about points than actual substance. Anyone, even a trained monkey can spam the rankings list with invites

however, whether an alliance is an MRA or not is a matter of opinion.
look at an alliance on the maps to see how spread out they are.
(How much care was taken selecting players)
Consider that if an alliance sends invites only it is "mass recruiting" and unlikely to inspire loyalty or respect from recruits
(less care & attention is given to each recruitment if any is given at all)

- is this a grep question or a zeta question? -

DeletedUser

mra's have their purpose, as you stated. training alliances also practically have to be mra's.
an mra isnt going to function as well as an elite. its harder to get 100 5k players to coordinate attacks than it would be to get 2 250k players. so the points really dont matter other than ranking. once an alliance builds itself up t a certain extent, its time to trim the fat, cut down to a dedicated core and go from there. the only exception would be a training academy, where the goal is to build up smaller members. if your goal is to run a dedicated alliance, you need hardcore dedicated players, not points

DeletedUser

Look at are war with NSPG
NSPG trainees not at war with but take there cities for better location

MRA may get some good players that want to teach the game to peolpe but leave themselfs open to be taken over if they are constantly supporting others.

O47 for NSPG was one of there strongest oceans before we start we have taken it over with really no problem becuase they lack the true alliance memebers who will suppport them.

They will argue that the are great and can fight back i would hope so if every player in ur alliance is attack one player like they did with dion and now ashley who just joined from her alliance merging with shogun. She is left in the core by some of there biggest players in 56 i belive is the ocean. She has taken over 600 attacks and has lost some cities but gaining others. So there is no real threat to them.

Since she may lose a city to NSPG but gains others noone is growing but there core does get tighter for the stronger players who dont support 47 and other oceans. So we have a field day playing in new cities daily.

NEXUS u are a NSPG til u prove something to the rest of the world. i know some of the names from other worlds where they are strong players but are growing so slow that if someone started attacking u guys. til i see it i feel u might fall.

i would rather have a alliance of 40 memebers who are active and can work together then 170 like u have and maybe 40 of them are really playing the game. All that is going on is they will lose cities til they get to u and eithier u will leave and join them or fight and die since most of ur brothers are gone

DeletedUser

zordas asked -
Q
1. was geography the reason you left DAFT?
2. is this a grep question or a zeta question?

A

1. - There is a couple of reasions really, main one was i was asked to help with a new training alliance by a rl friend, also I know this sounds a bit gay, but missed guys I played with in former alliance, who i chated with must days on forum.

2. - I surpose grepolis in general.

I have found being part of an mra, getting players active on forum is difficult, and that we may invite lots of players who just hide in a bigger alliance.

My former alliance Nexus did start as a mra, but now we have an mra training alliance that has stoped and are more picky with players that join.

DeletedUser

glad you agree ;)
moving closer to 052, so hopefully can work with you soon

DeletedUser

i would rather have a alliance of 40 memebers who are active and can work together then 170 like u have and maybe 40 of them are really playing the game.

One question,I don't get your thought here.:)Isnt't that the same?:D If you have 40 active here and 40 active here it is pretty much the same...:heh:

DeletedUser

lol iwko is so right

and robert i am happy to work with nexus they are on fire dude you are in 10 and yesterday you were in 13

potter i am sry but those stats screw your whole point

DeletedUser

Okay let me clear this up

i will put it in simple terms

NmE Ashley who was left and did not want to go to shogun joinned up with us as we were former memebers of uNmEek together,

All her cities are cover by NSPG 3 main players TOA and Baron being two of them.

She had a idea we went with it because that is what she wanted to do. As u can tell by the stats they are all her cities but one from ECC who i belive just came off of vmode and never posted for support

I will give the respect that is due to baron who is a traitor who jumped from us. Strong player tho

TOA is a strong player and has did alot of improvements to NSPG with the help of pippi getting him going in the right direaction.

This war is only last this long because of the number of players they have. Since they can let TOA Baron Alexcar and a few other players attack a small section of ocean that we are not that strong him most of them being older NmE memeber that were in there core around there main attackers. so support for them is short due to time and how close there cities are

lets see TOA Brestt Bsolider all going after someone i could reach and u failed again. if u have to go near are water u havnt had any luck beside a city here or there.

looking at the stats can be misleading due to that point. U cant see location all u see is one player name popping up.

They are being harder then was planned but its due to TOA and the big players around him everywhere else is a piece of cake and i will be there in now time with my brothers who have cleaned u out of 37 which i believe is 5-7 cities left in it
47 when we started well over 200 and now something like 145

due to bp and location u have the advantage up there TOA not only is she fighting ur attacks but DCS

Do we need to look at the past 4 months of the game and get the counts of cities going?

just look at are points and how fast we are growing it shows that we are gaining and have made a huge push already in this war and all u have done is taken some cities from someone u said u wouldnt attack when she was in NmE. and played the whole lets get a NAP or infomer pact going so u could focus on us alone

Is any one else attacking u guys? if so noone worth talking about or arent really focusing on u guys

DeletedUser

you are to proud man i wish jj was still on top and here

stop the bragging seriously

DeletedUser

Whats bragging here. When he is speaking he truth and saying FACTS

if thats ur strongest allie im sry u will be short lived. the 5 good players in there is not enough to stop my attacks alone unless they all support with all there defense cities

i have been stop one time when they stock cities that have never been attacked by me. so kinda funny they are wasting thousands of biremes and thousands of troops on cities that havnt been attack .
so i moved to the next one and took it :)

DeletedUser

you are to proud man i wish jj was still on top and here

stop the bragging seriously

And JJ wasn't "a proud man"? He had every right to be, but I mean really. Besides - Gargarenthis is the first Zeta player to get to a million points, and has the most cities on the server. If that doesn't give a player bragging rights, I don't know what does.

DeletedUser

sry just a little sick of that post it been in 7 threads already from him