Where's All the Involvement?

DeletedUser

Hello all in Hearklion,

I wanted to start this thread for a couple of reasons. First of all, I've been playing this game for about 3 1/2 weeks now and have checked the Heraklion forum regularly to see what is happening and what more I can learn. I am very dissapointed that there are very few to no new threads being created regularly. As a new player to Grepolis and to MMO's I know I haven't earned a right to complain much about anything and I mosy certainly do not want to offend anyone but it's not the most compelling way to make new players stay engaged and want to continue on. Shouldn't we at least have had a new DOTW by now? :eek:

Secondly, I was hoping that my comments would inspire folks who had previously been engaged in the forum to get back into it. I'm sure I am not the only new player who would like to see activity here that would allow us to learn and grow from others experience, as well as developing relationships along the way. I truly love this game and will be playing this for a long time to come but how many new folks may slip away looking for something else to play, that could have been great contributors to the game and forums?

Maybe it's so dead because this world is relatively new? I hope it picks up steam because going to other threads can be enlightening but I get a sense of not belonging really and just kind of trolling the threads. I'm sure those folks wouldn't want me trying to engage in a thread or conversation in which I really have no part or interest.

I will be the first to step up and say that I will continue to be active on here and try to help new folks like me along the way. The more, the merrier right? Well, I look forward to any comments from anyone here in Heraklion that will help shed light on why we're so inactive and what we can do to fix it. Again, I hope that my intent is not misconstrued and that I have not offended anyone, I just want to have an active place to come to that we can all share idea's, knowledge, have a few laughs and get to know one another. Take care all! :)

Mickeyprint - Dogs of War (SW)

DeletedUser

Theres no time for forum posts! There are wars to fight! :pro:

It is dead, a few people have mentioned that....Just keep being active maybe it'l come back to life

DeletedUser4577

I think we have a lot of new players on this server and due to that not many come to the forums or know how enjoyable it could possibly become once active. That was my main reason for sending a mass mail to the top 12 a while back to try and get some activity buzzing and although I've seen more newer players enter the forums its not actively being used.

Maybe it's so dead because this world is relatively new?
- All the forums appear this way to me lately. The life is not there and due to so many old vets leaving the game its going to need the newer players to rise up and become spammers of the week to get things going again.

DeletedUser

I am new to this too and I agree with you, the forum is a little quiet.

I have posted a couple of things on here and there still is no response to some, it seems to be the same few people on here. derek is the most active as far as I can see.

Shame because we could have some good banter on here

Threcker is right though, we are too busy fighting a war at the moment:pro:

DeletedUser

Give it time the Forums will pick up shortly. But after being gone so long i seen this happen in previous old worlds Kappa was one of them Dead All the time. Me my self like the Forums. I like seeing the New PNP and war updates

DeletedUser

Theres no time for forum posts! There are wars to fight!
People prefer making war than talk about love. Is it not possible that 98/100 people read the forum but do not have the knowhow as to what to say or participate in a Forum?

I like to stir sh+1=t in some of my forums however some think it as is (humorous) and others are offended. Others just don't give a damn

Dead World Dead Forum and no character in this world for the moment is my opinion, pity it could be FUN

DeletedUser

Its as fun as we want to make it

Before I continue I would like to state I a mnot a lover of Grepolis staff or secretly trying to suck up to them etc etc etc

Right in the grepolis we got a game, and to help us enjoy the banter of the game they gave us a external site to keep our traffic with them
We got a mod to ensure we dont post po rn etc and Ive yet to see the mod need to get involved so we also lucky to have a degrea of common scence and poetic licence
If externals are dead then I blame the leaders of every aliance playing who sometimes ask people not to post and of course understand this to a point.
But I enjoy reading about how great someone is and listen as they splat into a wall the same as everyone else does I agrea cmon lets not take things so seriously an exchange of words with some witty sarcasm and banter good for the game
Maybe if the alliance leaders would consider asking some of there characters to post and enjoy the forum without thinking there alliance would imediately be seen as less fearful
Dont forget the myth that enemys can work out your online times and kill you whilst you sleep lol, enemies can work your online times out in many ways and so what even your enemy needs to sleep you can work out there weakness
But end of day theres one fact none of us can deny
If the externals are boring its only OURSELFS to blame, the game can provide a platform and offer moderation but cant provide character witty comments
This has to be the only war game Ive ever played where most people are afraid of a fight
We hear from the top guys and a little from those trying to be top (lets face it we all want to be top or wouldnt be playing)
So lets stop looking and predicting how poor the external can be and maybe look more positive as the forums not going to change itself

DeletedUser27813

I agree with all of that Donkey.

Derek did mass mail all the top alliances a little while ago trying to get them active here but it doesn't seem like there have been many takers.

I can't understand any leaders banning or discouraging any of their members to post here. I guess some people lack the common sense to handle it but then would you really want those people fighting on along side you?

As for me, I have lurked here for too long asking myself why it's so quiet. I'm pleased to step out from the shadows now and I am sure more people will do the same soon.

DeletedUser

Dereck mailing them probably put them off Snigger
sorry again im going to blame directly and to there faces leaders within the game
We seen on rims people fire up and quickly burn out, we seen noobs to this game like em or love em like Lucifers nephew who clearly put the time in to learn the game and play, some of them rather well as it goes
But sadly we do also see the merge merchants and some literaly strangling the game with there no external posting stratedgy
A leader should be fired up with passion as well as stratedy / diplomacy etc and I speak from experiance as a noob there are far too many people running there own alliance who simply shouldnt, they talk a fight but secretly dealing just in case and I feel if flamboyancy isnt encouraged then the game gets boring.
I got lucky I was with a small great group who were bantering away and the night BP ended we literaly purred each other on until all 50 slingers we owned were used up and all the islands near us were dead lol.
I remember massive alliances and family groups and boy was it fun to firstly attack everyone spurred on by fellow team mates and watch crimson empire repeatedly change the alliance name and panick lol
A close personal friend of mine now was someone who we spent 4 nights staying up trying to kill each other before joining up together

So far ive been lucky to fight against great alliances like Blunt posse and WOlf pack and from fighting comes growth theres threads on here specifly dedicate to rim alliances and how much life they had
I urge anyone reading this to say stuff what my boss says im going to have fun in the game we cant all be #1 but im going to speak and have fun and if my leaders dont like it then tough ill fight make the game fun so its not a chore to log in
Just an idea lets see what great leaders comes up and encourages fun and frolicks and even put something back into the game in 2 simple steps
The great leaders now better than us who the weak leaders are
so for shtts n giggles why not liven things up for a bit activly speak to those in the world who you feel are bieng held back by there leaders and offer them a way out
put aside for a temporary period all this talk of big wars and back room deals and say sod this xxx alliane is real poor go and kill there whole council off
Top 10 alliance leaders and the good smaller ones racing up the ranks come on i challenge you to show how good your leadership skills are and either help some of the restricted players by giving them a chance to grow or liberte them
If someone is attacked and dont recieve a fun or witty mail then come on forum name your bully 0

Were gamers and Ive gotta say it im guilty now im picking off weak like everyone else so vow to stop it
Lets see who in this world is man or woman enough to do the same

DeletedUser27813

The bits of that I can comprehend I don't agree with at all.

Ask yourself why these players are "restricted"?
Why do they need someone to "liberte" [sic] them?
If they made better decisions would they be in that situation?
When they play again will they learn from their mistakes?
Will they join the first 2-bit alliance that comes along again?

Personally if my alliance kicked me out tomorrow and ate all my cities then I would message the leaders and ask them why they did this. I would then either go to to the rim or to another world and try again with the added benefit of that experience.

Excuse me if your comment was tongue in cheek but I can't for the life of me see any mileage in your idea of messaging everyone I attack with some witty message. This is a war game after all and to label people as bullies for attacking without messaging other players is at best unhelpful and at worst pretty rude. Besides if I am getting attacked the last thing I want to see is some jovial message from my enemy.

And the last bit. Well what are we meant to do? Spy someone and make sure they are stronger than us before we attack them?
If I can conquer someone who couldn't be bothered to build defence or decided to join the first MRA that came along then I will. Call me a bully or not man enough or whatever you like - I really don't mind.

It's just a game not some sort of Utopian society. A few people will win and most will lose. Let's all have some fun in the meantime and try not to get caught up in the perceived rights and wrongs of it all.

DeletedUser

Dumbtime you can play and you have the benefit of having both skilled advice and back up
Now lets take 2 examples what would you choose
Having to think about your target Get paper out and plan launch times support times an the fun of others doing the same with the odd mistake we all make like putting defence before the main attack etc etc having a laugh wth your team mates and targets as they try and fight back
Or
wack a massive attack into someone you know will just delete an account and maybe send you a mail giving you a birdie
The top leaders know exactly that so and who is a capable leader and so and who simply will not last even if they have a dozen pacts to liberate the guys under poor leadership is a kind thing to do.
As ive said often noobs to the game if they are in the right enviroment are more fun and better players than old hands.
We got at least 2 kinds of leaders ive seen, one who are tactitions and very good at it, if there not challenged with decent enemys then they only run on half power and then theres leaders who just like the name badge.
Take Dereck the leader of Wolf pack
He was boss forever so far but its only since there has been talk of a masive war hes changed Wolf pack almost within a couple of weeks to a scary old alliance that will take another talented team to over throw

Yes it can be blamed from merging etc but thats an option available to everyone its what leaders do to ensure continued domination.

Look at me for instance a small Donkey in a sea of Wolf pack as much as I dislike the way wolf pack control the world there council are clearly fighting targets they see as a threat and enjoying the game
I honestly hope others read all this and think you know what my leader is a noob my alliance isnt fun and sod this for a game of soldiers im not going to sit and wait my turn to be eaten and grab a mate and actualy enjoy the game
As when you enjoy it then logging on etc isnt a chore

DeletedUser

Look at me for instance a small Donkey in a sea of Wolf pack as much as I dislike the way wolf pack control the world there council are clearly fighting targets they see as a threat and enjoying the game
I honestly hope others read all this and think you know what my leader is a noob my alliance isnt fun and sod this for a game of soldiers im not going to sit and wait my turn to be eaten and grab a mate and actualy enjoy the game
As when you enjoy it then logging on etc isnt a chore
You can Aways PM me; I need Donkeys in my alliance who make a difference and aim to play the game with Fun team work and skill. True some members take the Game too seriously, others enjoy interacting and some unfortunate use the game to escape hardship or life outside our virtual world.

Play fair, Try and interact and play to win not only rank but respect loyalty and most important Play and be part of a true team. Like in soccer, cricket, rugby. Many teams one team being on top. Sporty Spirit Rules

DeletedUser

Play fair, Try and interact and play to win not only rank but respect loyalty and most important Play and be part of a true team. Like in soccer, cricket, rugby. Many teams one team being on top. Sporty Spirit Rules
One man dont make an alliance and trust me im a poor player but I love that attitude you will have to orgive me for not knowing what alliance you represent
Im going to bet a wager here lets see who are gamers and who just enjoys the rankings
A couple moe people with the quoted spirit add a dash of grunts who want to fight or learn and we got a good game in the making.
I been in WP and agrea fuly the people in there are fun and active but its because there council makes the place fun to be but I also think most enjoy the game and I bet deep down they thinking hey life would be fun setting alarm clocks to launch an attack

Leaders have to take responsibility for there guys and many leaders here have not done so in fact some lol have to go down as epic failures setting up huge family alliances just 6 weeks ago growling and stifling there guys
Its not too late after all the forum is getting busier

DeletedUser27813

Well you should know all about how alliances work Donkey, what is it now? 8 alliance changes in two months??? :eek:

And now getting tapped up by another leader on the externals.

We have a word for Donkeys like you where I'm from! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I dont think its 8 diffrent allainces
It was crimson empires that crimson changed name after I attacked i think ilanders and a big family called KOG (I wonder what hapened to them at BP close there was one on every island lol)
Then there was FUBAR that crimson merged into wolf pack after me and Udata fought a great guy in Wolf Pack and again as always crimson out voted my prefered move was to be in Barbarians
When Crimson left WOlf pack for a reason I still to this day do not know I dutifully followed him, some may not say he was a great leader but he was at that time MY leader and Crimson later changed the name again to 3
To add insult to injury Crimson announced he was going and offered hes villages only to promptly go on vacation and leave us hanging to dry.
I went to Barbarians simply as i trust and respect the council there but swiftly found that wolf pack and another alliance were slapping me sily but I coulldnt fire back

Plus the fact im a realy poor player who unlike many dont want to secretly be the boss wont suck up to get a title within an alliance just leaves just me
But game isnt over whats the worse that can happen? i started on the rim so at worst i can loose a few sets I cant loose respect as ive yet to earn any lol
So if your trying to point out no one in WOlf pack / blunt posse or Barbarians likes thats ok Dumbtime Least I can say ive not talked rubbish to get a cosy spot in the game where im so safe its easy to be bolshy as you got heavy firepower with you
Funny all these fighters and players not one person yet shown a fighting report to externals where the fight isnt one sided just more merge and back room talks pick off the weak
Hate to say it but Dereck is probably the only identified leader on these externals posting so Kudos to him but we ned more views other than that of Wolf pack

DeletedUser

Hello all in Hearklion,

I wanted to start this thread for a couple of reasons. First of all, I've been playing this game for about 3 1/2 weeks now and have checked the Heraklion forum regularly to see what is happening and what more I can learn. I am very dissapointed that there are very few to no new threads being created regularly. As a new player to Grepolis and to MMO's I know I haven't earned a right to complain much about anything and I mosy certainly do not want to offend anyone but it's not the most compelling way to make new players stay engaged and want to continue on. Shouldn't we at least have had a new DOTW by now? :eek:

Secondly, I was hoping that my comments would inspire folks who had previously been engaged in the forum to get back into it. I'm sure I am not the only new player who would like to see activity here that would allow us to learn and grow from others experience, as well as developing relationships along the way. I truly love this game and will be playing this for a long time to come but how many new folks may slip away looking for something else to play, that could have been great contributors to the game and forums?

Maybe it's so dead because this world is relatively new? I hope it picks up steam because going to other threads can be enlightening but I get a sense of not belonging really and just kind of trolling the threads. I'm sure those folks wouldn't want me trying to engage in a thread or conversation in which I really have no part or interest.

I will be the first to step up and say that I will continue to be active on here and try to help new folks like me along the way. The more, the merrier right? Well, I look forward to any comments from anyone here in Heraklion that will help shed light on why we're so inactive and what we can do to fix it. Again, I hope that my intent is not misconstrued and that I have not offended anyone, I just want to have an active place to come to that we can all share idea's, knowledge, have a few laughs and get to know one another. Take care all! :)

Mickeyprint - Dogs of War (SW)

I agree with this logic.

DeletedUser

Welcome to the forum, Edge, and thanks for reviving this topic.
I plan to do a bit of that soon, just to annoy people.