Which is best in your opinion?

• Thread starter TheBlackPegasus
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hello Guys

I have been having a discussion with basil this evening on Skype and it is quite interesting so I thought I would open it up for everyone to comment on.

Which strategic of play is best a big slow LS nuke, or a small fast LS nuke.

To give you a idea of where we were coming from, We were looking at a maxed out City with 186-205LS and Lighthouse and Cryptography, vs a LS nuke of about 250-300 without a lighthouse and Cryptography.

Which would you go with and why?

DeletedUser

Well, I would say that you should always get crypt for an ls nuke, its esential, and you might is well, you wont be spending points on land troop stuff, so thats an obvious decision.

Then for the lighthouse or no lighthouse, I would say this, just like you should make each city stand for one single purpose so it is most effective, but have multiple cities doing this same task, you should have some bigger ls nukes, and some that are faster, and both relatively close.

If you are just destroying somebody else's ls or biremes that isn't very active, you want the large slower ls, but if you are attacking somebody who is active, you want to move fast, and when breaking sieges, faster is always better. :D

DeletedUser

Build the smaller LS in your further away cities so they are fast enough to participate and the bigger slower nukes on the front lines so you have that extra siege breaking capacity.

DeletedUser

Build the smaller LS in your further away cities so they are fast enough to participate and the bigger slower nukes on the front lines so you have that extra siege breaking capacity.

AGREE HERE! but that is how it goes really. deep core cities without much action should be smaller but faster. or defensive cities but thats different :p depends where the action really takes place i guess.

DeletedUser

coming from experience...large nukes don't work so well...

i had a 321 LS nuke, and..well..i was careless enough to not cast a spell on it before it left, and the defender cast seastorm...i lost 89 LS from that sea storm...

Personally, i like 222 LS nukes :p

DeletedUser

coming from experience...large nukes don't work so well...

i had a 321 LS nuke, and..well..i was careless enough to not cast a spell on it before it left, and the defender cast seastorm...i lost 89 LS from that sea storm...

Personally, i like 222 LS nukes :p

But if you had cast something, that would not have happened and you would have killed more than lost.

DeletedUser15015

I personally like the bigger nukes, 260+ Yeah, they take longer to build but there is nothing better than clearing a city of 500 bis in 1 shot. LOL :cool:

DeletedUser

I personally like the smaller quicker nukes e.g maximum of 210. Lighthouse Cartography, Mathematics, Shipwright, and Battering Ram plus I have Sea Captain. Reasons place the city right quick Attack and if the city is built for it quick rebuild of nukes so you can hit again. Larger nukes take to long to build and if they do get destroyed you have a long wait for the rebuild.

DeletedUser

Like all things it is relative.
-slow LS are good at getting players to draw their defenders away from other cities in anticipation of the battle
-fast ones are good at catching colony and stray ships and clearing harbors for a upcoming land attack.

depends on the purpose of sending the LS's.

sometimes for fun I like sending a heap of manticores with a transport boat to a bireme station, so that they fly over the top of 500 biremes and attack the army.

DeletedUser

for my purposes (if i take the time to make a nuke)

i use larger ones (321 LS) for large alliance connected ops

and as you can see, biremes are a better defense :)

and i also ran through the simulators, with 560 Biremes defending, and 185 LS attacking...it would take two nukes
(with Battering ram, Captain, Favorable wind)