Inactive Topic Whitelist forum.grepolis.net as an external site

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Whitelist, or allow links to this forum and Wiki from the internal forum and messages

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'? No

Reason:
Posting a link to a thread on this very forum presents the player with a warning screen about external site content. This is an unnecessary step, and may discourage players from participating in the forum discussions. The same process is required when referencing the Wiki.

Details:
A link posted in a message or internal forum takes the player directly to the content on this site, and the Wiki, and therefore bypasses the warning screen.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
Not relevant.

Abuse Prevention:
No abuse vectors identified.

Summary:
Having to click through yet another page to see content on these forums is totally unnecessary. Content within these pages should be safe from virii and other malicious code by implication. An easy path from the game to these forums may promote more players to read and post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i agree with this as well . . . those unfamiliar with the wiki and forum may think that the message is indicating the link to lead to a faulty website . . .

thread moved to minor

DeletedUser14492

Agree.

I have often wondered about this and I remember when I was first met with that screen, I did question if I should proceed thinking the link may be wrong or malicious etc.

Nice idea.

Ev

DeletedUser

Linking to the forum seems to bypass the warning page now, but the Wiki is still triggering it.